Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Starship improvement suggestions....

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion > Suggestion Box
Starship improvement suggestions....

Pairaka
08.29.2012 , 10:52 AM | #11
Quote: Originally Posted by LordArtemis View Post
Mail and Kiosk is available through legacy unlock? How does that work on a ship?
The Mailbox and GTN kiosk on your ship are already available for purchase for your Legacy. It's a one time purchase (for 100K and 5 million credits, respectively). IE, once you purchase the mailbox for your ship, you get a mailbox on all existing ships and ships for any characters created in the future.

Quote:
Yes, the idea with some of the suggestions is that it can open up our starships as mission points, which just makes the ship feel more like OUR ship in the Star Wars universe.
It would be really nice to be able to aquire the daily/weekly missions through a console on our ship instead of having to go to the fleet to pick them up. I almost always log out on my ship. Being able to log in, pick up my daily HM mission, then hop over to do my dailies would be so much easier than to have to remember to go to the Fleet, then get the mission, go back to my ship, then head to Corellia or Belsavis.
Mera Virai | "You should be running..."

Daxy
09.02.2012 , 01:04 PM | #12
i have just started the game this week

my main gripe about starships is the utility

my starship could easily be replaced by just taking a shuttle from fleet to my next planet and save some loading screens in the process

i realize the game has limited capacity but getting one's starship should be a momentous occasion
but, tbh, my ships in kotor 1 and 2 were much more enjoyable
however, i could get over most of this if my ship itself was just a little more interactive (i'm thinking along the lines of shep's personal quarters in me2) and many of the suggestions brought up by op address this (especially the points regarding automatic screen loading upon entering)

for example:
i would love to listen to some music in my own personal quarters and be able to summon my companions there
to discuss their performance
i would at least like to "fly" my starship if only to select a region on the galaxy map and then cruise around (a la me2) to the planets and points of interest within said region
i would like my companions to move around on the ship
as a sith inquisitor i personally get annoyed at andronicus standing so nonchalantly that i wish i could force lightening the slacker and khem should be restless wanting to get back to feeding on my victims

i understand the growing pains of a new game in its first year of release but there was so much hype with the personal starship that to say i was let down is an understatement

LordArtemis
10.10.2012 , 06:05 AM | #13
Quote: Originally Posted by Daxy View Post
i have just started the game this week

my main gripe about starships is the utility

my starship could easily be replaced by just taking a shuttle from fleet to my next planet and save some loading screens in the process

i realize the game has limited capacity but getting one's starship should be a momentous occasion
but, tbh, my ships in kotor 1 and 2 were much more enjoyable
however, i could get over most of this if my ship itself was just a little more interactive (i'm thinking along the lines of shep's personal quarters in me2) and many of the suggestions brought up by op address this (especially the points regarding automatic screen loading upon entering)

for example:
i would love to listen to some music in my own personal quarters and be able to summon my companions there
to discuss their performance
i would at least like to "fly" my starship if only to select a region on the galaxy map and then cruise around (a la me2) to the planets and points of interest within said region
i would like my companions to move around on the ship
as a sith inquisitor i personally get annoyed at andronicus standing so nonchalantly that i wish i could force lightening the slacker and khem should be restless wanting to get back to feeding on my victims

i understand the growing pains of a new game in its first year of release but there was so much hype with the personal starship that to say i was let down is an understatement
Companions moving around the ship is a big one IMO. The fact that they just stand there, instead of working on panels, reading...I don't know, doing something other than holding a wall up or the floor down makes the ship feel pretty lifeless IMO.

Sneakycheeks
11.08.2012 , 11:43 AM | #14
I like all the suggestions that were in the OP. But I have to agree with others that the Cool Down suggested was a big long..18 hours? No way..should make it 4 to 5 hour cool down. I've been wanting to decorate my ship since I started playing the game. The ships just feel cold and foreign. I mean they are suppose to be my character's home away from home..so I should be allowed to decorate it and make it feel like a home. I also love the suggestion that some one else made about being able to display the items you are given when you marry one of your companions. That's a great idea..because it helps to make the ship feel more like some one lives there. I also agree with the suggestion that our companions should be able to move and roam around the ship. Why should they always have to stand in the same place all the time!? I'd love to enter my ship and walk into an area to find Kira and T7 playing Holo chess ...or even walk in on Therian getting a lap dance from Holiday ^^ that would be great for a laugh..and just go to make the ship feel like its more of a home.

LordArtemis
11.08.2012 , 12:40 PM | #15
I can reduce the cooldown suggested time if there is a consensus on what people feel is fair.

Tune
11.08.2012 , 09:01 PM | #16
There are some very nice sugestions about our ships.

Now, the "issue" with teleporting to the ship instead of running to the spaceport, in many cases, we would miss some quests like the bonus series that we can only get in the spaceport after we finish the main quest line.
Ofc, that could be solved if we get a message via holocam everytime we unlock some new quest, so the npc with the new quests would call us and ask us to meet them.
It is all that is left unsaid upon which tragedies are built - Kreia.

Nide
11.09.2012 , 01:05 AM | #17
Legacy bank sounds great, would love access in my quarters, also, a jukebox.
non-stationary companions would be great... even if they only walked around the room they are in.
Closing doors, definitely...
Cantina games would be cool. Like pazaak, with cards or card packs available on the cartel shop.
Ship missions... thinking Visas Marr KotOR2... I think that was her name...
Some kind of interior personalization... banners, trophies, a throw rug... something...
flashpoint access? Rather jump to flashpoints from my ship than the dropships from fleet...
Item modification station? I don't know if that's available from legacy or not...
I just wished that my personal starship felt as viable as it did in KotOR...
Nidean
Sith Warrior > Marauder
The Hyrulian Gears

LordArtemis
11.09.2012 , 12:32 PM | #18
Quote: Originally Posted by Tune View Post
There are some very nice sugestions about our ships.

Now, the "issue" with teleporting to the ship instead of running to the spaceport, in many cases, we would miss some quests like the bonus series that we can only get in the spaceport after we finish the main quest line.
Ofc, that could be solved if we get a message via holocam everytime we unlock some new quest, so the npc with the new quests would call us and ask us to meet them.
Ah, I didn't even think about this. Ill have to mull over this and see if I can alter the suggestion accordingly.

Bird_of_Thunder
11.10.2012 , 09:21 AM | #19
Quote:
2) Ability for players to join you on your ship and play along when you go into space combat
They can man turrets, play minigames to fix ship damage or lengthen buffs, etc.

3) Players can join you in their starships for your space combat mission
Players will group up with you, go to their ship, you choose your space combat mission, they can join you in their ship, so you fly the pipe together. Friendly fire should be enabled.

4) Mission to go on attack run, then land and invade a ship

Allowing group play in the space mission would allow for this kind of mission to be authored. Could be set up as a flashpoint. You fight your way to a point, knock out a ships shields, land and fight on foot as usual.

I support these the most
Lord Ravvok
Annihilation Marauder
<Ebon Hawk, U.S>

Esproc
11.10.2012 , 06:14 PM | #20
My BH's ship still looks like a garbage scow http://myimages.bravenet.com/362/328/420/9/Mantis1.jpg and considering what you do to get it ... I would have preferred a different design at least.
Fury = http://myimages.bravenet.com/362/328/420/9/Fury2.jpg
Phantom +==+ http://myimages.bravenet.com/362/328/420/9/Phantom1.jpg

EA also broke the droid previous fix, he no longer shuts his pie hole.

A little more customization wouldn't hurt, nor some different mini games to wile away the time.

Have Legacy perks that cover a wide range of things along with normal storage.

BW is dead, long live EA Sports, may they L2D
In this Age of Information, Ignorance is a Choice!