Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Group Finder making you choose all FP's in order to get daily group finder rewards.

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Flashpoints, Operations, and Heroic Missions
Group Finder making you choose all FP's in order to get daily group finder rewards.

BurningCourage
08.27.2012 , 06:30 PM | #1
I think its dumb how you have to pick all the FP"s in one section to get daily group finder rewards for low lvl what if you no longer gain exp from killing enemies in the flashpoint but still want the daily group finder rewards? so you have to sit through 30mins of a flashpoint that gives you no exp in order to get it? This should be changed in the future I just end up screening the FP's

Twickers
08.27.2012 , 07:03 PM | #2
I think it would be nice to be able to cancel one or two FP's so as to avoid FP's you don't need or really don't like (I'm looking at you battle for ilum and Taral V) and still get the rewards.

Flaminica
08.27.2012 , 10:00 PM | #3
In the case of hardmodes it would also be nice to be able without penalty to de-select flashpoints for which the player might be under-geared while still selecting the easier ones.
Spearshakers
||

lightSaberAddiCt
08.28.2012 , 08:12 AM | #4
This used to be not a problem, you could deselect the missions, keeping only the ones you want. But then after a patch, you wouldn't get your token and had to submit a ticket. My guess is, instead of spending much time on truely fixing the bug, it was much easier for them to make it to where you had to have all the missions selected, since the bug was happening when you deselected some FPs.

Falls on the same ground as the 'Quick patch" for the project animation.

Capt_Beers
08.28.2012 , 08:33 AM | #5
Quote: Originally Posted by 1.3 Patch Notes
Players can receive bonus rewards for using Group Finder by keeping the default selections, which will result in a randomly selected Flashpoint or Operation. Players receive bonus rewards the first time each day they complete a random Flashpoint or Hard Mode Flashpoint, or complete a Story Mode Operation. Rewards are received upon completing the content.
Seems to be working as intended.
<HVND> - Harbinger - <HVND>
Keith-Stone 55 Combat Medic | | CaptBeers 55 Arsenal | | FOTM-Reroll 55 Tactics
Keet-Stone 55 Focus | | Keef-Stone 55 Infiltration | | Key'th 55 Pyrotech

nbayer
08.28.2012 , 08:38 AM | #6
It would make sense for it to omit normal flashpoints that the quest log would consider grey difficulty. For the hard modes it should stay the way it is though, if you let people deselect flash points and still get their comms you will end up running the same flashpoint every single time because a large majority of the community will just queue for the fastest.

*edit* Now that I think more about it, that is going to mean as a 50 you can't really queue for normal modes if your after the daily comms. So it would have to be something along the lines of if the reward is daily comms, then queue for all otherwise queue for level appropriate only.

Maxiim
08.28.2012 , 09:25 AM | #7
It would just make the que's longer

Khevar
08.28.2012 , 11:40 AM | #8
Quote: Originally Posted by lightSaberAddiCt View Post
This used to be not a problem, you could deselect the missions, keeping only the ones you want. But then after a patch, you wouldn't get your token and had to submit a ticket. My guess is, instead of spending much time on truely fixing the bug, it was much easier for them to make it to where you had to have all the missions selected, since the bug was happening when you deselected some FPs.

Falls on the same ground as the 'Quick patch" for the project animation.
It was never intended to for you to get a reward unless you queue for all possible flashpoints. This is to reduce queue times.

This has been very very clearly laid out since 1.3 dropped.

dscount
08.28.2012 , 12:21 PM | #9
Question: If you que for the two SM versions. Say you complete KP SM on Thursday.

On Friday you guild run and group up for the Daily Black Hole comms. Then we group find (Ops leader I think). Do we NOT get KP SM in random if someone ran it already this way?

OR > Would it force us to EV SM by default or error out saying a member of the party doesn't qualify or something.

I'm asking because our guild runs EV HM and we usually do KP SM as well for gearing newbies.
WTB Legacy wide Datacron unlock
WTB Legacy Bound Ear, Implants, Relics

I'm not asking for much.... maybe some Cake too...

mikebevo
08.28.2012 , 12:45 PM | #10
I always assumed it was like this because it is just common sense for it to work this way. You are given BH Comms, which can buy you gear 2 sets above Columi which is the primary reward for HMFP. So it doesn’t make sense gear wise or query time wise to give people the option to deselect HMFPs.

Also if your gear is not adequate for certain tier 1 HMFP, then use the select button to get the HMFP you can do, get your Columi gear and then worry about the BH comms later.

Quote: Originally Posted by dscount View Post
OR > Would it force us to EV SM by default or error out saying a member of the party doesn't qualify or something.
That, it would force you into EV SM or which everyone that was not locked out. If you had some that had done SM EV and some that had done KP, then you could not get either SM Ops with that group.