Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

RE'ing BH implants from SM/HM EC.

Flying-Brian
08.27.2012 , 12:29 PM | #1
Prior to a few days ago, whenever a blackhole implant would drop in SM/HM EC, we would be able to RE it and learn the schematic by having a player with biochem choose disasemble and have everyone else in the raid choose pass on it.

This seemed to always give a 100% chance to learn the schematic, and talking with other players and guilds, was the same way they were doing it to learn schematics when an implant would drop.

This past friday in SM EC, the player that was picked to RE the implant (and choose disasemble) did not receive anything. No Implant, no schematic, nothing.

He sent in a ticket about the issue (with a write up of what happened, time/date and screenshots) and was told by CS that he did not supply enough information and they could not verify the item had dropped.

Yesterday we had the same issue in HM EC with a different player. He choose to disasmeble the implant and everyone else in the raid clicked pass. And again he got nothing.

Has anyone had this happen? Is it a bug or has somethng changed about how RE'ing (by disasemble) an implant from a drop works?

Mavery
08.27.2012 , 02:33 PM | #2
You and whoever you spoke to were ridiculously lucky. The chance to learn a schematic was never 100%. It is 20%. RNG favoured you for a short time.
Elidibs Draconis, Kinetic Shadow
Yup, I'm back. Miss me?

Suzina
08.27.2012 , 02:56 PM | #3
There's never been a 100% chance to learn any schematic I'm aware of. If there was, it would be a bug you were exploiting (intentionally or unintentionally).

Out of hundreds of thousands of players, some will have huge lucky streaks.
Member of Bane Fleet

Flying-Brian
08.27.2012 , 04:13 PM | #4
Now we know that it is a 20% chance if it is in your inventory (as the tool tip says).

But as I said, everyone else/guilds we've talked with (and from previous runs) if the implant was selected as disasmeble when the loot dropped, and everyone else choose pass on the item, the person who clicked disasemble learned the schematic. I've seen it happen on countless other runs and in other (non guild) groups in sm/hm ec before.

Eternalnight
08.28.2012 , 01:08 AM | #5
Quote: Originally Posted by Flying-Brian View Post
Prior to a few days ago, whenever a blackhole implant would drop in SM/HM EC...
...This past friday in SM EC, the player that was picked to RE the implant (and choose disasemble) did not receive anything
Never seen a Black Hole implant drop in storymode EC.
They drop Rakata implants for which you can't (never could) learn schematics for at all.

Although rakata implants are bind on equip.

ronniehenlau
08.28.2012 , 01:19 AM | #6
Quote: Originally Posted by Eternalnight View Post
Never seen a Black Hole implant drop in storymode EC.
They drop Rakata implants for which you can't (never could) learn schematics for at all.

Although rakata implants are bind on equip.
They drop from Kephess at times, I've gotten one MK-4 and one MK-2 from him on storymode :-)

http://swtor.askmrrobot.com/gear/415...s-mk-2-implant
http://swtor.askmrrobot.com/gear/394...s-mk-4-package

Those are the two I've gotten from kephess on sm, but they can also drop from every boss on HM.
Yusi - Pyrotech Powertech
15 other level 55 characters
The NerfOperatives Legacy
Unsubbed because of No