Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Post lev 50 PvE gear question

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Classes > Smuggler
Post lev 50 PvE gear question

WillisDrummond
08.27.2012 , 06:02 AM | #1
Dinged 50 and have been running HM flashpoints for the past few days. My goal, as I have done with my other character, is find the gear with a set bonus that looks good. Then stock up on BH comms to switch out the mods. For example, I really liked the old Centurian PvP "Homeless Jedi Consular" gear. 4 pieces for the bonus and filled it full of BH mods.

My problem with my smuggler is the fact that being pretty much full SS spec and i've read that the first priority is to stack crit / surge. All the mods I see are all Acc / surge.

Can somebody please tell me the optimal set name to get for this guy. I have started buying the Tionese Fieldtech set (I think that's what it's called) because it has the only bonus that I have an ability for. But what about the BH gear that has no "no brainer" hint to it?

Thanks.
What's a Beiber?

scottphillips
08.27.2012 , 12:23 PM | #2
Short answer- the set bonus/gearing sucks for SS/sniper. Get the 2pvp set that extends flyby and the 2pve that reduces the cost of takedown (don't know repub name). The armor mods you want Skill/artful and enhancements/implants configure your desired crit/surge/accuracy. I dont know if SS suffer the same offhand penalty as BH do, if so that suuuucks.