Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Endgame loot musings

First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

Elyx
08.31.2012 , 06:30 PM | #21
I'm not surprised that cost keeps coming up in this thread. Bio really needs to listen to this...I think they heard it, but they're really not listening.

the cost is simply prohibitive. I have grown tired of dailies. I don't mind a quick BH run, Yet I have to consistently grind dailies just to keep up. a new piece of armor may throw of my set bonus...or now i have to augment that too. or I get a BH piece, and i want 2 mods from it, but I don't want to lose the mods currently in my worn piece. that's. 120k plus right there. That's everything i made in my BH run, including the weekly reward and running 4 man heroic. or that's belasivis dailies (and who isn't burnt out on those yet?).

the COST is simply getting tiring. regearing a single piece of gear shouldn't cost me my days wages. regearing completely is understandable. but a single piece?

I'd even be OK with 15k per high end mod. and adjusting downwards as we get higher tiers of gear coming in (i.e. the highest level tier will always be 15k) 31k per mod is simply too much.
"I just hit 50 and finished my class storyline, but I still haven't been able to decide which AC to choose. Leveling solo as a warrior wasn't difficult, so I kept putting off the decision.
Anyone else having the same problem? "~ lagerhat - And who says warriors are broke?

Caloss
08.31.2012 , 07:43 PM | #22
Whatever synthetic that was used to guess at mods for endgame gear had a Friday afternoon when you did black hole sentinel gear, it is plainly and simply WRONG, instead most PVE sents have to buy guardian DPS spec and strip it, (because we can't use heavy armor dah)and put into to the Rakata gear they already have; I say most because their are a few that don't bother to check how their DPS is doing and think a start up robe with a pair of Ewock snow skis stuck on the shoulders actually looks good, fould looking armour and worse yet bad stats.

So to be effective we have to spend on the armour it's self and then spend around 90k pulling the correct mods out of someone elses armor. And i don't believe the "testing" to me the stats are uprated tioneese which work at that level but cease to be effective past 58, and could you please at least try to make higher end gear look like it's higher end?

needed to get that off my chest

Anrew
09.01.2012 , 08:02 AM | #23
Quote: Originally Posted by anakedcowboy View Post
There is also a silly amount of alacrity on Sage / Sorc gear. It either needs to have a significantly higher impact on what you do for the points or needs to be on far less pieces of gear. As a DPS sorc I basically have to buy all of the force master BH / campaign gear AND all of the Force mystic gear to max out my willpower while keeping crit at 40% and surge at 75% then working on power. I'm gearing up 2 characters to gear up one, at incredible credit expense of moving around mods / enhancements / armorings.

It's not quite as bad as the accuracy problem, but it often gets overlooked.
I'd love for the crap can't remember name, but the middle tree of sages to be viable.

RKLimes
09.02.2012 , 10:43 AM | #24
Quote: Originally Posted by AllisonBerryman View Post
In future tiers, you'll see many issues with mod allocation corrected!
rofl.

Fix what's in game now, or nobody will be around to see the "future tiers!"
Evidence seems to indicate that we can expect a lackluster effort, moving forward.
Super-Awesome suggestions. Trust me, they're amazing!
I highly recommend you peep your eyeballs on them!

dscount
09.04.2012 , 02:51 PM | #25
1) Split the gear into FOUR PIECES & you pick the Shell, Armor, Mod and Enhancment instead?
--- Shell (Any orange item of your choice)
....... Or cost 5-10 BH Comms each for BH versions / Set Bonus
--- Armor 20 BH Comms
--- Mod 15 BH Comms
--- Enhancement 15 BH Comms

2) Yes, I agree that Extraction costs are crazy! Even with 30% less I hate changing my "Look" with no value.

3) Madness SORC DPS has to buy Striker gear and/or swap out +57 Alacrity MOD's to have decent CRIT.

4) WHY do we need to make Orange Bracers/Belts that have Better Stats than Black Hole & Campaign equals?

- ty
Sage/Sorc Gate 2013 Combat DEV LOL Responses:
"...you must play defensively and make them pay for trying to kill you."
"...require a higher skill level than many players are comfortable with."

Nibbon
09.04.2012 , 03:11 PM | #26
Quote: Originally Posted by dscount View Post
1) Split the gear into FOUR PIECES & you pick the Shell, Armor, Mod and Enhancment instead?
This is an interesting idea, but it makes easy loot acquisition even easier - and it allows people to do very gradual gear upgrades - AND puts no weight into what slot you are getting the mods for (chest is way more valuable than boots, traditionally).

So how about this idea instead:
For X black hole comms or a campaign token - you get a token that you can hand in that gives you a chest filled with a specific item slot shell, mod/enhancement tokens, and the corresponding armoring (corresponding armor meaning it is slot specific, class specific, and a choice of two chests can get you the main stat heavy or the endurance heavy option). You can then use the mod/enhancement token to pick out whichever ones you want.

For example, you get a leg token from Z+T on EC HM. The vendor has an option of either the force master or force mystic or stalker treasure chest for legs. Say I choose the force master set - it would give me my force master leg shell - my armoring with more WP than endurance and the DPS set bonus - an enhancement token - and a mod token. I can then turn the enhancement token and mod token in for any one of my choice.

This would solve all the problems I can think of - especially in that they would already be extracted in case you chose not to use that specific armoring. It would also prevent people from turning in a cheaper token, like bracers even, and putting the mods in anything they want.

Kitru
09.04.2012 , 03:22 PM | #27
2) Yes, I agree that Extraction costs are crazy! Even with 30% less I hate changing my "Look" with no value.
My solution to this is something that I recall the developers mentioning a number of months back but apparently never followed up on: allowing us to spend commendations (or even new enhancement/mod tokens) to buy *specific* mods, armoring, and enhancements. The cost would need to be relatively high (20 comms for a mod or enhancement; 50 for an armoring), but it would allow people to pick the specific mods that they want without having to go through the hassle of trying to find a piece of gear that has it (if there is even a piece of gear with it, some enhancements and mods are completely unsupported at various tiers of content) and yanking the piece out. The high cost would encourage players that want to buy on the cheap to get the entire piece (sometimes for only a few more pieces), but it would allow for players looking for *specific* tweaks to their armor (like Immunity or Sturdiness enhancements) to get them. The time-restricted nature of BH comms would allow for the mod/enh/armoring crafting community to still have a purpose (people wanting to get those pieces faster/earlier/for other chars).
Walls of Text? I *love* Walls of Text!
My New Class Idea
Shadow Class Rep - Suggest/Review Questions Here
Quote: Originally Posted by Fende View Post
Listen to Kitru. Kitru knows all.

dscount
09.04.2012 , 03:38 PM | #28
Quote:
allowing us to spend commendations (or even new enhancement/mod tokens) to buy *specific* mods
/signed...

I was going to toss that into suggestion box even. Why not? We can buy the lower stuff for Daily Commendations. That would make total sense to me. Only available in locations 50's can reach (Like Black Hole).

Quote:
AND puts no weight into what slot you are getting the mods for
Good Call on that.. I tried to weight it out. I suggest the Chest piece has "Chest" only marker maybe for core stats and a separate generic armor for all others would be a balanced. Like Resolve vs. Force Wielder. This would allow Head, Gloves, Pants, Boots and Bracers/Belt for those doing them separately.

Option B: Sell the Armor with the slot piece only. (No Mod or Enhancement added) for way less BH Comms.

-ty
Sage/Sorc Gate 2013 Combat DEV LOL Responses:
"...you must play defensively and make them pay for trying to kill you."
"...require a higher skill level than many players are comfortable with."

Chaqen
09.04.2012 , 04:04 PM | #29
--- Shell (Any orange item of your choice)
....... Or cost 5-10 BH Comms each for BH versions / Set Bonus
--- Armor 20 BH Comms
--- Mod 15 BH Comms
--- Enhancement 15 BH Comms

3) Madness SORC DPS has to buy Striker gear and/or swap out +57 Alacrity MOD's to have decent CRIT.

4) WHY do we need to make Orange Bracers/Belts that have Better Stats than Black Hole & Campaign equals?

- ty
If the game changed to a system like that, they would have to reduce the amount of loot that is dropped in operations to pervent people from having BiS to quickly and easily imo. Out of the handful of MMO's i have raided in, this one has the fastest gearing time. Having 10 pieces of BiS gear drop for 8 people in a single week (18 if and when nim EC comes out), causes the content to become trivial and worthless far to quick.

I do agree they need to do something about the future itemization of gear, but not at the risk of making the process of gearing up even quicker then what it is. They could maybe add unique items to solve this issue....certain rare armour/weapon shells special effects tied to them.

Khevar
09.04.2012 , 07:02 PM | #30
Quote: Originally Posted by Chaqen View Post
If the game changed to a system like that, they would have to reduce the amount of loot that is dropped in operations to pervent people from having BiS to quickly and easily imo. Out of the handful of MMO's i have raided in, this one has the fastest gearing time. Having 10 pieces of BiS gear drop for 8 people in a single week (18 if and when nim EC comes out), causes the content to become trivial and worthless far to quick.

I do agree they need to do something about the future itemization of gear, but not at the risk of making the process of gearing up even quicker then what it is. They could maybe add unique items to solve this issue....certain rare armour/weapon shells special effects tied to them.
What about this:

1. Columi, Rakata, BH and Campaign tokens can only be exchanged for a single armoring, a single mod or a single enhancement.
2. When a boss is defeated, a non-class-specific token is dropped for the appropriate gear grade.
3. The number of tokens dropped for each boss can be adjusted to match whatever the target gear acquisition rate should be.
4. The vendors contain a full list of every available armoring / mods and enhancements so that players can pick specifically which piece they want to reach their stat targets for their current gear level.
5. Barrel / Hilt tokens are handled separately, and would only drop at specific end bosses (similar to how the MH drops are handled)
6. Orange moddable offhand weapons / shields / generators are made available to go along with this.