Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer
×

The Code of the Grey Jedi


Easpada's Avatar


Easpada
06.12.2017 , 05:16 PM | #221
i would agree with you, if Dark Jedi wasn't a thing, Dark Jedi /= Sith
Quote: Originally Posted by caesaraugust View Post
There is no grey Jedi. Jedi in and of itself is a Force-using organization of light. Anything not falling within the Jedi Order's dogma is not considered Jedi, they're considered rogue Force-users, which were outlawed by the Convention of Civilized Systems along with the Sith. Just like there's no such thing as a 'dark' Jedi. There are only Jedi and Sith, everything not falling into either category is simply a person with the Force, possibly in possession (however illegally) of a lightsaber or any other variation of the high-energy particle weapon.
Easpada: Guild Master
░▒▓▓▌EbonSyndicate - Imperial PvP Guild▐▓▓▒░
╠╪ Guild Site╪═▶[]◀═╪Forums╪╣

OldVengeance's Avatar


OldVengeance
06.12.2017 , 05:45 PM | #222
Dark Jedi aren't really "Jedi" anymore though. They don't follow Jedi teaching if they have fallen to the Dark Side, even if they don't join the Sith Order and can't be called Sith. They would probably be more accurately described as "former Jedi" or "Jedi who fell to the Dark Side." "Dark Jedi" is just a convenient shorthand.

Faemar's Avatar


Faemar
06.15.2017 , 12:24 PM | #223
Quote: Originally Posted by Aurbere View Post
Actually, the Jedi defend themselves from the Sith. The Sith have always been the aggressor. The Sith have always wanted to destroy the Jedi and take over the galaxy. It's always been that way. The Jedi simply defended themselves, but then took a more active role in destroying the Sith to achieve peace. The Sith have always disrupted the peace of the galaxy, the Jedi are the galaxy's peacekeepers. Ergo, they destroy the Sith to keep peace.
This video makes me view differently...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NrfrdzRvIvQ

KainrycKarr's Avatar


KainrycKarr
06.25.2017 , 10:14 PM | #224
Morality is a fiction
There is only INDIFFERENCE

Through Anger I Gain
DARK SIDE POWERS

Through Loopholes I Keep
LIGHT SIDE POWERS

Through Edginess
My Mediocrity Is
GLOSSED OVER

The Force Makes Me Special

Source unknown.
Kain'ryk Karr - Level 60 Powertech<Clan Adenn>

Laogar's Avatar


Laogar
06.27.2017 , 07:22 AM | #225
The way I see it a grey Jedi is just a Jedi that let's the force guide his actions.
They will listen to the force but still adhere to the Jedi code.
Just as a light side Sith is not a morally good person, it's just a Sith that doesn't let his emotions control him.
Quote:
Beggars can't be choosers.
But i can certainly choose to be a beggar.

http://www.swtor.com/r/chCyyY

Spetulhu's Avatar


Spetulhu
06.29.2017 , 04:15 AM | #226
Quote: Originally Posted by OldVengeance View Post
Dark Jedi aren't really "Jedi" anymore though. They don't follow Jedi teaching if they have fallen to the Dark Side, even if they don't join the Sith Order and can't be called Sith. They would probably be more accurately described as "former Jedi" or "Jedi who fell to the Dark Side." "Dark Jedi" is just a convenient shorthand.
I'm sure they still rely a lot on their old Jedi training - you don't suddenly forget lightsaber forms and Force techniques when going Dark Side. What they leave behind is the Code and the Jedi Order.

Calling them "Dark Jedi" might not be technically correct, but it marks them as fallen Jedi that the Order has some responsibility for. Else it would be like people of certain religions claiming anyone that does something evil "in the name of" isn't a true member anyway so he's not their responsibility. The Jedi, however, accept some of the blame and usually try to hunt these guys down for re-education or failing that kill them to keep others safe.

OldVengeance's Avatar


OldVengeance
06.29.2017 , 08:48 AM | #227
Quote: Originally Posted by Spetulhu View Post
I'm sure they still rely a lot on their old Jedi training - you don't suddenly forget lightsaber forms and Force techniques when going Dark Side. What they leave behind is the Code and the Jedi Order.

Calling them "Dark Jedi" might not be technically correct, but it marks them as fallen Jedi that the Order has some responsibility for. Else it would be like people of certain religions claiming anyone that does something evil "in the name of" isn't a true member anyway so he's not their responsibility. The Jedi, however, accept some of the blame and usually try to hunt these guys down for re-education or failing that kill them to keep others safe.
Well, it isn't. People aren't responsible for the atrocities of other people just because they share some similarities with them.

But that's not even that great of an analogy. Dark Jedi usually don't self identify as part of the Jedi Order. They don't do things in the name of or on behalf of the Jedi Order. And it would be the Jedi Order's duty to hunt them down and stop them whether they were once members of the Order or not.

Tharandil's Avatar


Tharandil
07.13.2017 , 05:51 AM | #228
Quote: Originally Posted by KainrycKarr View Post
Morality is a fiction
There is only INDIFFERENCE

Through Anger I Gain
DARK SIDE POWERS

Through Loopholes I Keep
LIGHT SIDE POWERS

Through Edginess
My Mediocrity Is
GLOSSED OVER




The Force Makes Me Special

Source unknown.

Hahaha I really laughed about this.
DS choices are sometimes more logical, while some lightside choices would pay off in the long run. For example Kreia's advise on Nar Shaddaa concerning the beggar in KOTOR 2. LS option only made him a target.
Gray Jedi would be more practical compared to Jedi

Please use my signature link and I'll be grateful!
Use my Referral Link for a Free Bundle and 7 Day Subscription
http://www.swtor.com/r/3yFZKg

kajiraerin's Avatar


kajiraerin
07.26.2017 , 06:58 PM | #229
Quote: Originally Posted by BrandonSM View Post
No such thing as gray.


So many times this has been stated...
you may want to read this


The term Gray Jedi, or Gray, had two meanings. First, it was used by Jedi and Sith to describe Force-users who walked the line between the light and dark sides of the Force without surrendering to the dark side, and second, it described Jedi who distanced themselves from the Jedi High Council and operated outside the strictures of the Jedi Code. However, those who were considered to be true Gray Jedi met both qualifications and did not belong to any particular Force tradition. One example was Jolee Bindo, a former Jedi Padawan and a Gray Jedi that served the Old Republic.

ColsonProvince's Avatar


ColsonProvince
09.05.2017 , 11:08 AM | #230
Ahem, in my research, It seems that both the Jedi and Sith/darksiders are severely limiting themselves. Take Starkiller as an example. He was so strongly in tune with the light, that even after all that Vader put him through, he was able to utilize the dark side without being consumed by it. Using both sides of the force, but holding strongly to the light creates a truly power weapon against the dark. I believe Luke himself is learning this in the new trilogy.