Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Thats it, i give up.I cannot gear up in this gear grind from hell !!!

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion
Thats it, i give up.I cannot gear up in this gear grind from hell !!!

mothear
08.29.2012 , 12:35 PM | #141
Quote: Originally Posted by Pvtcarnage View Post
So your saying no to progression? just have recruit gear? Losing will still get you the same rewards.
No, losing gets you very little whereas winning gets you multiple comms to buy cool looking PvP gear with the same stats, different speeders, more credits (I hear that PvP players are always skint) and other fluff things that can show you off as a successful PvP'er

Pvtcarnage
08.29.2012 , 12:49 PM | #142
Quote: Originally Posted by mothear View Post
No, losing gets you very little whereas winning gets you multiple comms to buy cool looking PvP gear with the same stats, different speeders, more credits (I hear that PvP players are always skint) and other fluff things that can show you off as a successful PvP'er
So you never agreed with me then and consider the original insult still intact.

Listen if you want easy go play GW2.... you get a free lvl80 and the best gear from the start.
"Equality is a perversion of the natural order!…It binds the strong to the weak. They [the weak] become anchors that drag the exceptional down to mediocrity. Individuals destined and deserving of greatness have it denied them.
-Darth Bane

mothear
08.29.2012 , 12:55 PM | #143
So you never agreed with me then and consider the original insult still intact.

Listen if you want easy go play GW2.... you get a free lvl80 and the best gear from the start.
Not interested in GW2, never PvP'd in this game, done it in others, might try it later.

I notice you didn't answer my question - time for you to run off do your easymode farming of recruit level players - enjoy yourself because they probably won't.

Pvtcarnage
08.29.2012 , 01:05 PM | #144
Quote: Originally Posted by mothear View Post
Not interested in GW2, never PvP'd in this game, done it in others, might try it later.

I notice you didn't answer my question - time for you to run off do your easymode farming of recruit level players - enjoy yourself because they probably won't.
easymode huh, I guess you know this because you don't pvp.........You just keep to your "easymode" answers you have no clue about.

I think I'll go to the PvE section and throw around my great ideas on ops/fp i never played........
"Equality is a perversion of the natural order!…It binds the strong to the weak. They [the weak] become anchors that drag the exceptional down to mediocrity. Individuals destined and deserving of greatness have it denied them.
-Darth Bane

mothear
08.29.2012 , 01:26 PM | #145
easymode huh, I guess you know this because you don't pvp.........You just keep to your "easymode" answers you have no clue about.

I think I'll go to the PvE section and throw around my great ideas on ops/fp i never played........
Still can't answer the question as to why you need better gear when you already win warzones eh?

Maurdiib
08.29.2012 , 02:19 PM | #146
Quote: Originally Posted by Lord_Karsk View Post
As i said i hadd enough. I deleted my 1200 + expertise guardian. Same with my 50 commando dps
that is nothing but garbage in pvp compared to a vanguard etc.Guardian was a fun class in pvp with lots of utility
but i refuse to re grind because this game have a fail gear progression.
i was sort of following you until there, man. I gotta say if it werent for the fact my guardian is my main i wouldnt be coming back to gear him up every now and again. the guardian is by far the most dull class there is. almost no reward for risk. What utility? comparatively guardians can potentially do a bunch of things but doesn't do any of them well. you simply can't argue that the guardian isn't the weakest class, and has been since launch. invest 40 days game time on one and then get a couple ranged classes up to about 20. they're just faceroll in comparison.

LARams
08.29.2012 , 02:52 PM | #147
The problem with the grind which most seem to miss (Especially the fanboys). Is that the ranked comms you earn are not dependent enough on individual performance.

They depend on all the other people on the team to much. Some of these players can't even be bothered to put on recruit gear. Some of which are just plain terrible players. Which leads to losses. Which cuts your comms received in half or worse.

That's what makes it an unfair and stupidly designed grind.

Awarding more comms for individual performance is a partial solution and it would also reduce the quitting. People wouldn't quit if they knew their own play would pay off and didn't have to be dragged down by everyone else.

I'm not going to sit in a hutball for 15 minutes while my team is all over the place soloing just so I can collect a lousy 70 unranked comms. Which is really only 23 ranked comms. You'll be grinding for months at that rate and it wouldn't be because your a bad player. It's because the other people your stuck with are bad players. That's just not a fair or fun system. It's a recipe for cancelled subscriptions is what it is.

The other problem with team type pvp is in the design for choosing the teams. You know it's going to be a loss when the game puts 4 healers on one team and none on the other. Why should the losers be punished with so few comms when they had no chance thanks to the game itself? Or how about a team with half the players wearing recruit and the other team is in full WH? How is that going to play out being a fair match? I don't think it's remotely fair to get half the comms for something like that which is completely out of any players control.

Burtlebe
08.29.2012 , 03:16 PM | #148
Quote: Originally Posted by Vandicus View Post
Average of 70 comms per match. Interesting.... My conclusion is that you suck at getting medals in pvp

7 days of dailies +weekly=2000 WZ comms(assuming you convert)

and even at your average of 70 WZ comms per match you're looking at a minimum of 1470 additional comms. So assuming you play only 3 matches a day and win while somehow maintaining your abysmal comm rate gearing shouldn't really take you much time. 3 weeks max playing an average of less than an hour a day. This game actually has a pretty easy grind in both pve and pvp. PvP used to be a tough grind in this game but now its a walk in the park, besides war hero which merely takes a bit longer, and BM augmented is almost on par with WH augmented, so that won't matter until they introduce the next tier.
I am average at pvp due to some disabilities I have. I didnt start pvping until i got 5 50s made so decided to get back into it. Gearing my Sent up first. It took me 9 days to get full BM doing the dailies each day and the weekly. I rank mid to low on most matches cause I tend to be the guy who guards the objective while others hunt glory but even still it took me 9 days. I already have a few pieces of WH. So 3 weeks seems about right to me.

Recruit gear just doesnt prepare you for the pain either lol. At least OP will be grinding with good gear.
Burtimus'prime Vanguard Tank
Guild Leader Army of the Republic / The Army of Darkness / The Unmentionables
The Shadowlands Server