Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Thats it, i give up.I cannot gear up in this gear grind from hell !!!

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion
Thats it, i give up.I cannot gear up in this gear grind from hell !!!

Lord_Karsk
08.26.2012 , 04:09 PM | #1
When i got my Guardian to 50 i first wanted to be DPS, but after igeared up i changed my mind and
wanted to be a PvP tank Guardian.But i cannot trade in vindicator BM gear for Warhero War leader gear.
Bioware want me to grind all the Battlemaster gear twice so i can turn in war leader BM gear for wh war leader gear.

Worst gear grind ever in a western MMO i'm sure...Sry but no to hell with this !!! your gear progression stinks !!!

Vandicus
08.26.2012 , 04:11 PM | #2
Battlemaster isn't that long of a grind. Its pretty nasty coming from recruit gear, but even so its fairly quick. I would recommend continuing to pvp dps spec in your current BM set until you can replace it with a BM tanking set, which you can easily do within a week.
Darasuum kote ner vode!
Darasuum kote Mando'ade!

Lord_Karsk
08.26.2012 , 04:14 PM | #3
Quote: Originally Posted by Vandicus View Post
Battlemaster isn't that long of a grind. Its pretty nasty coming from recruit gear, but even so its fairly quick. I would recommend continuing to pvp dps spec in your current BM set until you can replace it with a BM tanking set, which you can easily do within a week.
Chest alone 1500 coms, average of 70 coms per match. Sry no way.My Guardian is dead !
And i blame the developers for driving away the players with this nonsense.

TheBBP
08.26.2012 , 04:27 PM | #4
Quote: Originally Posted by Lord_Karsk View Post
Chest alone 1500 coms, average of 70 coms per match. Sry no way.My Guardian is dead !
You blame the developers because you do not want to put in the time for the best PVP gear?

niiall
08.26.2012 , 04:29 PM | #5
BM gear grind is a walk in the park. just suck it up and get on with it
Blaidez <Strike Team> GM - Master Dar' nala server

Vandicus
08.26.2012 , 04:32 PM | #6
Average of 70 comms per match. Interesting.... My conclusion is that you suck at getting medals in pvp

7 days of dailies +weekly=2000 WZ comms(assuming you convert)

and even at your average of 70 WZ comms per match you're looking at a minimum of 1470 additional comms. So assuming you play only 3 matches a day and win while somehow maintaining your abysmal comm rate gearing shouldn't really take you much time. 3 weeks max playing an average of less than an hour a day. This game actually has a pretty easy grind in both pve and pvp. PvP used to be a tough grind in this game but now its a walk in the park, besides war hero which merely takes a bit longer, and BM augmented is almost on par with WH augmented, so that won't matter until they introduce the next tier.
Darasuum kote ner vode!
Darasuum kote Mando'ade!

Dawginole
08.26.2012 , 04:42 PM | #7
You know the best pvp'ers out there that have already finished WH are now going back and buying off spec or off class BM gear to trade in on that pieces WH equivalent to further buff their class.

You're going to see the best Guardian tanks buying Guardian dps gear to get a few damage bonuses to their tank set. So I'd just look at it like you got your dps stuff first. Now if you grab your tank set, you will already have some of the desired dps mods to drop into your tank gear to be the best.

You're really not that bad off. Consider if you were a Sentinel if you wanted the best setup after you completed your initial WH set, you would need to buy roughly 4 pairs of WH smuggler boots for the power/surge enhancements, and then 4 pieces of WH Guardian gear for the armor mods for the +5% dmg boost after force leap set bonus.

ChazDoit
08.26.2012 , 04:45 PM | #8
Quote: Originally Posted by Lord_Karsk View Post
Now that I think about it, a full BM set is close to 12k commendations, that's around 100 games give or take. It's too much, I don't want PVP to become Grind2Win, that's even worse than Pay2Win

Savej
08.26.2012 , 04:47 PM | #9
It's actually easier to grind out a very good pvp set than it is in any other game I've played. What other non-Korean MMOs with PVP have you played?

Eyesmindassassin
08.26.2012 , 04:54 PM | #10
Quote: Originally Posted by Vandicus View Post
Average of 70 comms per match. Interesting.... My conclusion is that you suck at getting medals in pvp

7 days of dailies +weekly=2000 WZ comms(assuming you convert)

and even at your average of 70 WZ comms per match you're looking at a minimum of 1470 additional comms. So assuming you play only 3 matches a day and win while somehow maintaining your abysmal comm rate gearing shouldn't really take you much time. 3 weeks max playing an average of less than an hour a day. This game actually has a pretty easy grind in both pve and pvp. PvP used to be a tough grind in this game but now its a walk in the park, besides war hero which merely takes a bit longer, and BM augmented is almost on par with WH augmented, so that won't matter until they introduce the next tier.
This is just simply not true. How in the world would he only have to play 3 matches a day and win all of them for 3 weeks straight? Really? So he's supposed to go 63-0 in your imaginary universe where his faction never loses a single Warzone for 3 weeks? Yeah, right. A lot of factors dictate how much you win or lose Warzones. Time of the day, faction imbalance, etc. You can sometimes not win a single Warzone for the day, requiring you to play not an hour, but more like 2 hours which is quite draining if you need to do other things like run dailies or do FP's. Less than an hour a day is nothing more than hyperbole.

War Hero doesn't merely take a bit longer either. Rated Warzone coms require 3x as many regular Warzone coms to equal the same amount. Not to mention the gear costing upwards of 3400+ RWZ coms and it gets quite grindy. You're exaggerating greatly and only encompassing best case scenarios in your rationale.