Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Learn to read the loot...

Jackwallace
08.26.2012 , 02:26 PM | #1
So I can't help but notice... that every other time I do a flashpoint, as the tank, my heavy armor drops get needed by cloth/medium wearing *** hats who can't use the gear. Often what happens when I call it out, they reply , "Oh, I will trade this bind on pickup item to you"... How you gonna trade it *** hat? How you gonna trade a soulbound item??

This has happened to me 6-7 times now like clockwork with completely different people (Mainly because I tend to block idiots) altho one time.. first time this happened actually... this sentinel, it's like his mother stuck a spike in his head, he took like 3 freaking pieces from me alone in one run along with someones cloth armor, shame on me for staying in that group but Jesus Christ how stupid can you get... Last night was the last straw for me, when a pair of pants dropped that look similar to a skirt in the picture and the assassin in the group hit need... "Oh let me trade that too you, I didn't read it woops." How you gonna trade that? Try it, see what happens, oh that's right, nothing because you're an idiot.

My solution to this problem? Sadly, please don't hate me for this, I really do hate to compare that filth to this awesome game.... But look at Blizzards looting system in World of Warcraft...*Punches himself in face* need only if you can use, greed for everyone... I hate to say it, but it's practical, and fairly idiot proof... and although lower gear may not matter too much, it's nice for looks since we have mods apparently for that specific reason, it shouldn't take me 20 runs in the same FP just to acquire something I should have had the first time, this kind of thing just shouldn't be a problem, yet apparently people can't read the bright red letters.. :/

Thank you for taking the time to address my problem with your otherwise extremely well built game, I do really enjoy playing it, but this makes me rage quit every time for 3 days or better. I Think you guys are doing a great job and I appreciate your time on this matter. Thanks!
-Jack

HiltoftheDragon
08.26.2012 , 02:43 PM | #2
See ya in 3 days

* wink *
The Ventress Legacy
"The enemy of my enemy.....is my friend"
Grievance @ The Jedi Covenant
Come join our dual faction guild

bahdasz
08.26.2012 , 02:51 PM | #3
It's little kids that get picked on in school and that is their only way of lashing out at other people. Just saying no to pickup groups is the only solution available to you.

Jackwallace
08.26.2012 , 03:47 PM | #4
Quote: Originally Posted by bahdasz View Post
It's little kids that get picked on in school and that is their only way of lashing out at other people. Just saying no to pickup groups is the only solution available to you.
That's hard to do for me as my play time is erratic, besides, I shouldn't have too. I don't beleive it's to much to ask for some honesty to be enforced in an MMO. People take advantage of the fact that they have no real consequences sitting 100 miles away or better. But in a game you charge a monthly fee for, certain things just shouldn't happen, save your rage for Role Playing, insult and beat someone in a duel, go gank the enemy and spit on there corps.. Play the story line! I just bled a fellow apprentice dry and danced on his corps... Warzones are fantastic too, even a kid could find someone to own. Just leave my rightfully earned loot alone.. Leave Brittany alone guys! :O

Kryand
08.26.2012 , 06:06 PM | #5
This is what vote-kicking is for.

Zerodistance
08.26.2012 , 08:34 PM | #6
Actually WoW's loot system might be the problem. They changed it a while ago to have BoP items dropped in dungeons be tradeable for 2 hours or something like that to anyone who participated in the fight. So, a lot of people just needed everything and traded if they had to.

Aedey
08.26.2012 , 09:20 PM | #7
I've never really played WoW.. but honestly I'm sick of leveling new toons & getting some moron tank looting trooper gear... trooper gear that was a big upgrade for me.

Idk if upping the age limit might help? but quite honestly SOMETHING needs to be done on this matter. I'm sick of my drops going to someone who can't take 5 seconds to read the stats. :|

Quote: Originally Posted by Kryand View Post
Problem is with that, especially on the amount of small servers this thing has, it can be hours before a replacement comes along. I am not over exaggerating that figure.
Aedč Nebari - Consular - The Harbinger, Formerly Gav Daragon
I miss my 55ms of lag..
SWG YT-TwoFiveA - Europe - Chimaera

grallmate
08.26.2012 , 10:52 PM | #8
Quote: Originally Posted by Aedey View Post
I've never really played WoW.. but honestly I'm sick of leveling new toons & getting some moron tank looting trooper gear... trooper gear that was a big upgrade for me.

Idk if upping the age limit might help? but quite honestly SOMETHING needs to be done on this matter. I'm sick of my drops going to someone who can't take 5 seconds to read the stats. :|

Problem is with that, especially on the amount of small servers this thing has, it can be hours before a replacement comes along. I am not over exaggerating that figure.
As a tank you shouldn't have to wait too long if you kick a DPS. If a DPS kicks a tank they're gonna be stuck for a while though.

Any system is going to have issues and selfish people are always gonna be able to exploit it. I have no issues with the current system, but I have no issues kicking and /ignoring loot ninjas and players that don't listen/follow CC and kill order. I give them a chance to improve before kicking them but I do let them die a lot more often :P

Petnil
08.27.2012 , 04:18 AM | #9
i liked the WoW need greed system better. Mainly for the fact you could trade bop items with people who was in on the kill the first hour after you got your bop drop. **** happens, and most of us have hit need on something we shouldnīt. Having said that itīs usually quite easy to make a ticket and get a GM to give the right person the drop.
Ofc. the ticket have to be made by the one who got the loot, so if itīs a ninja looting ***** then that wont happen.

mikebevo
08.27.2012 , 09:21 AM | #10
Quote: Originally Posted by Kryand View Post
That is fine except when people do it on the final boss. I need nothing from HMFP, so I do them for BH comms and crafting materials. I pass on any and everything. My guild gets ticked at me because I pass on everything even in ops. Don't need credits either. However, I do greed crafting materials, but it really doesn't matter because at least two people need everything on the final boss anyways. Not that big a deal, just a little annoying. Since I gotten all my BH gear and modified it with the correct mod and enhancements makes me wonder if I really want to continue running HMFP with my healer if there really only a very small chance I could get something I could use.

On my shadow I still need BH Comms, but she doesn't care as she doesn't need crafting materials.