Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Run and Gun? or Lightning Hands?

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Classes
Run and Gun? or Lightning Hands?

Spum
08.26.2012 , 10:21 AM | #1
Im not sure which class id like to role as, a smuggler, or an inquisitor. my personality is almost identical to that of a smuggler's, but i really want to swing a lightsaber and shoot lightning out of my fingers. which should i choose?
Captain Queis Mirandus
Lvl 50 Scoundrel - Sawbones

"I don't care, I'm still free. You can't take the sky from me."

ZirusZero
08.26.2012 , 12:26 PM | #2
Why not choose both, if not one for play style?
Quote: Originally Posted by CommunityDroidEN View Post
After our Shenanigans radar sounded off, we quickly hurried to this thread to see what was going on. Upon inspection of the reported Shenanigans, we have removed a few posts to prevent further Shenanigans from taking place.

Spum
08.26.2012 , 01:05 PM | #3
i prefere to have one 'main' character if you will. it feels weird to me to have more than one
Captain Queis Mirandus
Lvl 50 Scoundrel - Sawbones

"I don't care, I'm still free. You can't take the sky from me."

Vespassian
08.26.2012 , 01:16 PM | #4
Watch some videos on Youtube.
We live, we die, and the wheels on the bus go round and round.
Jack Nicholson, the Bucket List

Beniboybling
08.26.2012 , 03:50 PM | #5
I advise you roll a smuggler and an inquisitor, play each class through their first planet - to get a feel for them - and then decide which one to play and maybe save one for later. There's more to each class than how they fight, storyline is important too, and playing the game is the best way get a feel for this.

And may i say, very gd choice in classes, I've played through the inquisitor class and its great fun - one of my favourites - and shooting lighting from your hands (in combat and in conversation) is very fun - the whole rise to power thing is also very satisying, in general sith rule

But the smuggler is great fun too, running and gunning is a nice style of play, its more lighthearted than the inquisitor, and a great laugh. The smugglers attitude is also very flexible, he/or she answers to nobody, you feel more of an independent and it plays darkside (if your interested) quite well. But again, i'd strongly advise you try them first, at least for a couple of quests.

Hope this helps!

(also if your a new player, you might find the inquisitor [and melee classes] quite difficult to handle at first, but don't be dettered, you get the hang of it pretty quickly)

bobmcbo
08.26.2012 , 07:26 PM | #6
if you're talking sorcerer, and not assassin for the inquisitor- lightning gets old pretty quickly
OMG! Imperial ships can get a .00008% power increase! Nerf the empire!

Beniboybling
08.27.2012 , 03:42 AM | #7
Shocking people and killing them in conversation NEVER gets old