Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

please - harsher penalties for bailers

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > PvP
please - harsher penalties for bailers

antwillgreen
10.10.2012 , 11:28 PM | #51
Ah heck I friggin HATE quits more than bads, or when someone gets all smart arse'sy and says trash about teamates then leaves ya that doesnt sound half bad.....
Ya you can guess what finger i'll be having up at your idea of what the "Real Star Wars" is.

Stoofa
10.11.2012 , 03:14 AM | #52
Penalties should not be introduced until situations like:
Joining a Huttball game when you're 3-0 down and as you arrive all of your team are in respawn
Joining a Civil War where all 3 turrets are lost and the opposition are killing at respawn point
Joining Voidstar where opposition are just downloading the Core with 4 minutes left

The list goes on.

Totaltrash
10.11.2012 , 03:46 AM | #53
Quote: Originally Posted by DoguMCM View Post
I would like to advocate for harsher penalties for players who drop early from WZs. I realize there are occasions when people will have a connection issue, etc., but this seems to be the tiny fraction compared to those who drop out at the first sign of adversity, handicapping their team's chance to win in the shorthanded situation until a replacement enters.

It should be relatively easy to monitor players who are doing this consistently. I heard someone suggest a "cowardice score" that could work similarly to social points, by building up increasingly harsher penalties (such as length of ban times) for players who are dropping out.

Thank you for your consideration.
In principle, I agree - quitters should be penalized.

However "connection issues" makes it sound like people have bad internet when in fact most of the connection issues are due to Bioware's lousy code.

I literally live 3 miles from their West Coast servers, have business class internet and a high-end computer. But when the server goes to "heavy", I cannot queue for WZs because the damn game kicks me to server select screen and I have no way of getting back into that warzone.

It's not just a few people like me, it's a lot of them - just check the Customer Service forum.

Belly
10.11.2012 , 03:56 AM | #54
Normally, I will stick it out, even with a bad team. But yeah sometimes you get a team where everybody wants to be Rambo and just kill. Don't want to guard objectives, don't want to call for help, don't want to come when somebody does call for help.

Just yesterday I was in a stunball match, and we killed the ball carrier. 3-4 guys on the team were passing it back and forth to each other because none of them wanted to move the ball. It's not like they would pass it back move past and obstacle, and call for the ball again, they were all still within 20 meters of each other.

I had one ACW where I went to relieve our guard because I saw that he was heal spec, and his gear was stronger, I was in recruit at the time. I told him, I got this. He says, I can't pvp so well, so i'll stay here and guard. I said: Guy, you're a healer, i'm a shadow, stealth is better at holding off a solo capper until help can arrive, and...you're a healer! Still, he would not budge.
Larcen 50(ish) Scoundrel Scrapper/Sawbones "They see me rollin...they hatin. They whining and sayin that I need some nerfin"
The Progenitor
And loads and loads of alts