Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

please - harsher penalties for bailers

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > PvP
please - harsher penalties for bailers

AboB
08.25.2012 , 10:04 PM | #11
Quote: Originally Posted by Xenotoxic View Post
How about not punishing the quitters? I'm dead serious. Instead, reward the people that stayed behind to complete the warzone.

Reward:
20 normal warzone comms for the loser with the quitters. (reason: winning team gets plenty of comms and should not get extra for quitters.)

To avoid abuse:
-People that leave during preparation (count down to beginning of match) do not trigger this effect.
-Grouped players leaving does not trigger this effect unless all of those group members leave.
-Does not apply to 2 same-guild premades that happen to get matched into the same warzone.
-This effect does not apply to people that come into a warzone late. (reason: they already get quick WZ comms).

Can anyone think of any other ways this could be abused for easy comms?
I agree with everything you have to say on this subject, with the exception of the matter of "quick WZ comms."
More often than I like, I am tossed into the second half or last third of a losing WZ with little time to earn any medals. It's frustrating, because I know I am at the very least competent with my class, and...well, yeah I requeue and get put into another full game soon enough, but it would be nice if the reward mechanism realized that you were put in so late in the game somehow. A "reinforcement" medal would be nice in that regard, only earnable if you are matched into the 2nd half of the game. Or something like that.

Kalfear
08.25.2012 , 10:05 PM | #12
Quote: Originally Posted by getdownsb View Post
Please, harsher penalties for bad players.
Im so totally not a elitist that calls out bad players

But this is one of the reasons I quit Warzones lately

I dont mind losing but when I see 5 team mates chasing one opponent up the left side while a single opponent carries the ball down the right side unopposed to score a goal.

Why stay?

Do you really need to tell 5 players that if they chasing 1 player (and not killing him) at the cost of the game, thats bad playing?

There will never be quioter penalties because being forced to stay in some matchs would be subscription breaking for some players!

And when push comes to shove, EA values a active subscription over a mad player that others choose not to play with him/her every single time!

So I agree, harsher penalties for bad players!

There is losing because the other team is better (can live with that, hewck fighting those is how most players get better themselves)
Then there is losing because your team is moronic
In regards to lessening F2P and Preferred restrictions
In GAMING, as in LIFE,
You get what you pay for
No game restriction is so dire that $15.00/month will not eliminate it

Kalfear
08.25.2012 , 10:12 PM | #13
Quote: Originally Posted by Xenotoxic View Post
How about not punishing the quitters? I'm dead serious. Instead, reward the people that stayed behind to complete the warzone.
And do you reward the 4 players that sit on grass/snow through out the entire match gathering defence medals but refuse to help their teammates ensuring their team is short maned and loses?

Are those the type of upstanding individuals that deserve extra rewards in your theory?

Cause I gotta be honest, since the dailies dont require wins (just played matchs) I been seeing this happen ALLOT MORE OFTEN!

Yesterday I fought in ACW as my BH

I rushed the middle ALONE.
4 went left and stood there all match and 3 went right and died gloriously

End of match (no lie)

I had 1 kill, 7 deaths, 36000 damage as stats

I was #1 ranked/listed player for my side in the end game listings

NUMBER 1 with a listing of 1 kill, 7 deaths, 36000 damage (I was out manned 4 vrs 1 each encounter so barely got an attack off).

Are these the upstanding players who deserve rewards because they completed the war zone?

Think you need to put more thought into your suggestion.
In regards to lessening F2P and Preferred restrictions
In GAMING, as in LIFE,
You get what you pay for
No game restriction is so dire that $15.00/month will not eliminate it

Leiralei
08.25.2012 , 11:15 PM | #14
Quote: Originally Posted by Kalfear View Post
And do you reward the 4 players that sit on grass/snow through out the entire match gathering defence medals but refuse to help their teammates ensuring their team is short maned and loses?
No you report those for griefing, because they're playing to help the enemy team.
:: लीर :: Commando :: Sage :: Scoundrel :: Guardian :: Powertech :: Assassin :: Operative :: Jugg :: Bioware Fangirl since NWN... RIP Bioware
Did they take out insurance on this game? I love it but its so weird.

Neoforcer
08.26.2012 , 12:14 AM | #15
Here the problem with harsher penalties on wz quitters. it will never work why because players have alt to level run flash points do dailies. The penalty system in other mmo never work either as people just did some thing else then stay in a wz with bunch of fail pvpers that should really do some research on how they play. You cant ban them out right because that would bleed more subs. Not saying the quitters are not a problem there is just no way any penalty system will work other then perma ban and that wont ever happen.

Speaking from an experience wow pvper for over 4 years i never ever worried if i had to leave the warzone because of a debuff. I did what i wanted to do weather there was a penalty system or not. Even if it meant I could not pvp for a week if i had to leave a wz i would. Not saying i quit i stick it out just pointing out the fact that this is the mentality of those that quit.

Meanerr
08.26.2012 , 12:16 AM | #16
Quitter cannot requeue for another warzone until the current warzone they dropped is finished.
==========================================+
Good players carry their team. Bad players QQ on forums.

Neoforcer
08.26.2012 , 12:18 AM | #17
Quote: Originally Posted by Leiralei View Post
No you report those for griefing, because they're playing to help the enemy team.

Nothing will be done with the report as you cant force some one that pays a company to play the way you want. Seen people reported for that and they get no and i mean no penalty for medal farming. Now if the player is pulling the ball carier into the ez to hurry the match up then that is different.

Neoforcer
08.26.2012 , 12:20 AM | #18
Quote: Originally Posted by Meanerr View Post
Quitter cannot requeue for another warzone until the current warzone they dropped is finished.
that be like oh well let me run black talon for rep till this wz ends. will not stop or make the quitter leaving any less.

Meanerr
08.26.2012 , 12:23 AM | #19
Quote: Originally Posted by Neoforcer View Post
that be like oh well let me run black talon for rep till this wz ends. will not stop or make the quitter leaving any less.
I don't have issue with those who bail and do something else. It's those who keep queuing and bailing over and over that's annoying.
Good players carry their team. Bad players QQ on forums.

Neoforcer
08.26.2012 , 12:31 AM | #20
Quote: Originally Posted by Meanerr View Post
I don't have issue with those who bail and do something else. It's those who keep queuing and bailing over and over that's annoying.
True and i agree with ya just pointing out they will still do it even with a penalty system. Wow had a pretty good debuff for a while when people left battle grounds early for what ever reason. It did nothing to stop them other then slow them down on requeing. What that did do is slowed down the que times as there were less player queing because they did not want to stick it out. So que time were longer the debuff got lowered because people qq the que was longer. It a catch 22 thing darned if you do darned if you don't.