Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

[Biochem] Why Can't I Make Medpacs?

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Crew Skills
[Biochem] Why Can't I Make Medpacs?

scameter
08.25.2012 , 12:44 PM | #1
I have a level 18 Sith sorcerer with the crew skills Biochem, Bioanalysis and Diplomacy as it recommends. I have gathered a lot of materials with Bioanalysis and Diplomacy, including 92 biochemical bonding agents and 48 luminescent cell cultures, but I have no green goo, which is the necessary ingredient to make combat medpacs, and I only have 5 dielectrics fibers to make stims. I am gathering a bunch of stuff I can't use to craft. What are these materials for, and how can I get materials to actually use Biochem, or can I only get stuff from killing animals or gathering it in the wilds? Thanks.

Skodan
08.25.2012 , 12:57 PM | #2
you can gather from plants in the wild, harvest dead strong or elite creatures, or send your companions out on bioanalysis missions

different level plants/animals/missions give back different mats
The Goa'uld Legacy Level 50 on Jedi Covenant (previously Canderous Ordo)
Imperial Entanglements
Less Imperial Entanglements
Check out LIE and IE: Galaxy Wide Casual Social Guilds

Jenarie
08.25.2012 , 01:09 PM | #3
You might need to go to a lower area to gather if you are doing the gathering yourself.
Those are the lowest two items and actually pretty common.

scameter
08.25.2012 , 01:16 PM | #4
But the one thing I need for medpacs, green goo, I never get from my bioanalysis or diplomacy missions I send my droid on. I'm currently on Balmorra and I rarely fight creatures or find plants to harvest, so it's proving pretty hard to advance my biochem.

Skodan
08.25.2012 , 02:08 PM | #5
Quote: Originally Posted by scameter View Post
But the one thing I need for medpacs, green goo, I never get from my bioanalysis or diplomacy missions I send my droid on. I'm currently on Balmorra and I rarely fight creatures or find plants to harvest, so it's proving pretty hard to advance my biochem.
you will get them from bioanalysis missions (no bioanalysis mats come from diplomacy, are you sending them out on biochemical compound or biochemical sample missions. the green goo is a compound, so you need to send them out on compound missions from bioanalysis
The Goa'uld Legacy Level 50 on Jedi Covenant (previously Canderous Ordo)
Imperial Entanglements
Less Imperial Entanglements
Check out LIE and IE: Galaxy Wide Casual Social Guilds

KallahKrafted
08.25.2012 , 05:05 PM | #6
Quote: Originally Posted by scameter View Post
Green Goo is extremely common off the potted plants (and occasional organic corpse) in Coruscant. At your level you can just double back, dodge the very low level bad guys, and scoop up as much as you need. This is, however, time consuming so you might want to snag a stack off the GTN. If listings are high enough to make your wallet tremble, consider using as few as possible to level past tier one - and then sell the rest to turn a nice little profit. Even with the time spent running around, it's much faster than waiting for the right kind of mission to show up, then sending out a companion and hoping they bring back the right samples.

Gidrea
08.25.2012 , 05:28 PM | #7
Make sure you are running the right level and type of bioanalysis missions. If you hover over the Green Goo on the ingredient list, it will tell you "level 1 compound' or "level 2 sample" or whatever it is. Match it up with the right mission. I made this mistake a lot.
Gidrea / Sallah / Amandageddon / Randava - The Harbinger

Shock and Jawa / Population Comtrol - The family you chose, not the one your parents stuck you with! Join us and be a Jawa!

scameter
08.27.2012 , 02:48 AM | #8
Thanks for the help.

DeeJayPL
11.25.2012 , 12:28 PM | #9
Guys, I need help with Biochem. I just cannot use this skill anymore. Yesterday I was making some stims, made like 5 of them, than did some questing, than try to make some meds, but i just cannot use Biochem anymore. I am Sub, not F2P, my companions are not on the missions, or anything, I have suff to make like 70 meds, but still, when i click on the Meds icon, nothing happens, same with the stims I was making before! And I have stuff to make those stims as well, many of them. I restarted UI and game client, still nothing, pls help!

Edit: sorted

DarthBloodloss
11.29.2012 , 06:23 PM | #10
Some mats are sold for cost on the GTN. You might find a 99 stack of green goo for like 15k. When grinding up a crafting skill, I am always on the lookout for underpriced mats on the GTN to save me the time of having to gather them
Bloodloss Mercenary
DESTROYER OF WORLDS || KEEPER OF SOULS