Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

An in-depth look at: Revan

Newyankalt
08.25.2012 , 04:17 PM | #11
Quote: Originally Posted by Rayla_Felana View Post
Vader has nothing to do with the topic.
I was comparing them but the post wasn't meant for here.

Aurbere
08.25.2012 , 06:08 PM | #12
Quote: Originally Posted by Aximand View Post
Point of order: Revan never actually delayed the Empire's return, he just made them revert back to their originally scheduled invasion.
Noted. It is obvious that that is what happened. The Emperor sent Revan and Malak to get the Star Forge up and running to fuel his armada. Revan and Malak then use this weapon with unlimited resources for their own purposes.

Again, Revan would have to clean up the mess he created by destroying the Star Forge. And as I said, this only helped the Sith Emperor. This forced him back on schedule and allowed some of the most powerful servants of the Empire to be born and rise in the ranks. My OP details who these individuals are.
Added Chapter 29 to The Shadows Fall
"Your only hope to survive is to give in to the rage boiling within you, to acknowledge the Dark Side you deny, and tap into it!"--Darth Tyranus

MyDarkSunshine
08.25.2012 , 06:25 PM | #13
Quote: Originally Posted by Aximand View Post
Point of order: Revan never actually delayed the Empire's return, he just made them revert back to their originally scheduled invasion.
The Revan novel seems to disagree with you. Or at least, multiple wookieepedia articles citing the Revan novel disagree with you. Not the most accurate of sources but it seems consistent on the matter.
"Who I am is not important- my message is." Revan

Aurbere
08.25.2012 , 07:02 PM | #14
Quote: Originally Posted by MyDarkSunshine View Post
The Revan novel seems to disagree with you. Or at least, multiple wookieepedia articles citing the Revan novel disagree with you. Not the most accurate of sources but it seems consistent on the matter.
If you could provide a more reliable source other than the wiki, that would be great. I don't think a wiki is the best place to source canon. Anyone can edit them and we know how some people are.
"Your only hope to survive is to give in to the rage boiling within you, to acknowledge the Dark Side you deny, and tap into it!"--Darth Tyranus

BrandonSM
08.25.2012 , 08:32 PM | #15
Quote: Originally Posted by Aurbere View Post
If you could provide a more reliable source other than the wiki, that would be great. I don't think a wiki is the best place to source canon. Anyone can edit them and we know how some people are.
I disagree... I think Wookieepedia is a great resource... they've been right about practically everything...

Plus: Not all of us have the novels.
Hapan: "This creature has information that could lead us to a woman who has been kidnapped. We will get that information."
Luke: "This woman is a citizen of the New Republic, and if you do not take your hands off her, I will take your hands off you."

Rikalonius
08.25.2012 , 08:43 PM | #16
So what you are saying is, then OP, is that it was right to let the Mandalorians burn world after world and take no action against them? "Oh, we see a dark omen in the force, let the Mandalorians destroy world after world." Maybe if the council had acted, as was their duty to the Senate, then there wouldn't have been a schism in the Jedi Order and the Mandalorians would have been stopped and the Republic would have still be relatively strong. Don't put it all on Revan.

Had the Council had its way, there would have been no Republic to defend against the Sith Empire.

Aurbere
08.25.2012 , 09:21 PM | #17
Quote: Originally Posted by BrandonSM View Post
I disagree... I think Wookieepedia is a great resource... they've been right about practically everything...

Plus: Not all of us have the novels.
I agree that wookieepedia is useful, but anyone can edit it. Which means that I could go on there and say Jar Jar was a Jedi Master. It may not be true, but the wiki allows me to do that.

Aurbere
08.25.2012 , 09:25 PM | #18
Quote: Originally Posted by Rikalonius View Post
So what you are saying is, then OP, is that it was right to let the Mandalorians burn world after world and take no action against them? "Oh, we see a dark omen in the force, let the Mandalorians destroy world after world." Maybe if the council had acted, as was their duty to the Senate, then there wouldn't have been a schism in the Jedi Order and the Mandalorians would have been stopped and the Republic would have still be relatively strong. Don't put it all on Revan.

Had the Council had its way, there would have been no Republic to defend against the Sith Empire.
Revan was right in going against the Mandalorians, but he did not listen to the masters' warnings. The Sith Empire was waiting and the masters could see that. They didn't see the Sith specifically, but they knew something far more dangerous was waiting. Revan failed to see it and was lured to the Dark Side. Revan's mistakes after the war led to the unnecessary Jedi Civil War.
I think Revan was right in joining the Republic, but the Jedi Council was right. Something was out there, and Revan was foolish to think he could destroy it alone.

Newyankalt
08.25.2012 , 09:25 PM | #19
I have read the revan novel awhile back and I think it said both revan and vitiate we're messing with eachothers mind. Revan with the force kept making the emperor rethink his decision to invade the republic. This was when revan was in stasis so revan in a way delayed the invasion for awhile it seems.

Rikalonius
08.25.2012 , 09:34 PM | #20
Quote: Originally Posted by Aurbere View Post
Revan was right in going against the Mandalorians, but he did not listen to the masters' warnings. The Sith Empire was waiting and the masters could see that. They didn't see the Sith specifically, but they knew something far more dangerous was waiting. Revan failed to see it and was lured to the Dark Side. Revan's mistakes after the war led to the unnecessary Jedi Civil War.
I think Revan was right in joining the Republic, but the Jedi Council was right. Something was out there, and Revan was foolish to think he could destroy it alone.
Maybe if the Council had put the full weight of the order into battle against the Mandalorians then Revan would never have had to lead a third of them away. There would never be a schism in the Jedi Order and Reven wouldn't have needed to flee from the Council who was bent on taking out their frustration on the returning Jedi, when it was the council who had been derelict in their duty to protect the Republic.

Vrook never acknowledged or apologized for his role in the whole mess. His hubris to the end was most un-Jedi-like. Revan made mistakes, he was corrupted by the technology of the Infinite Empire, but that could have all been avoided if the Council had not be so insistent on inaction.