Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

What's wrong with the prequels?

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > STAR WARS Discussion
What's wrong with the prequels?

Dave_Bodom
12.25.2011 , 04:14 PM | #131
I loved them first time watching until i grew a bit older and was introduced to the countless reviews pointing out flaws and now theyre just films ill watch from time to time, i was a kid when the TPM was out (About 10 or 11) so yeah, i was probably his target audience to enjoy it.

I had no massive problem with TPM for some reason other than the standard Jar-Jar, number two wasnt too bad minus i hate the attempt at a love story, and then number three, something about it put me off massively but even as a kid i had some "Eh really?" moments, my mum also commented on how the first half of the film was like watching some cartoon movie trying too hard, and the "No!" just killed it.

I find if you're a standard film viewer or fan you'll enjoy them, if you look too much into it or have an extensive knowledge of the EU and a critic, you'll probably disect them until you have nothing left to enjoy.
Why do they call you Bodom? Is it like the drum beat, Bodom-Chh?

Krijgsheer
12.25.2011 , 04:24 PM | #132
I actually prefer the Prequels over the Originals. Prequels has more Jedi action, which I like.

Plus in the Pre I adore each episode. In the originals, I only like 5 and 6. I really dislike 4.
Lieutenant J. Xorius, Vanguard
Strike team's 2nd commanding officer of <The Kavar Academy>

-kobie-
12.25.2011 , 04:36 PM | #133
Quote: Originally Posted by Jak-Jak View Post
The prequels aren't entertaining.
Can't tell if trolling or really that obtuse.
Barrahm/Loora/Tylarr
The Arkanus Legacy
The Harbinger

Matth_Stil
02.11.2012 , 04:17 PM | #134
Quote: Originally Posted by Jak-Jak View Post
The prequels aren't entertaining.
In your (entitled) opinion, perhaps.
"'Good' is a point of view, Anakin."

- Palpatine

Matth_Stil
02.11.2012 , 04:39 PM | #135
Quote: Originally Posted by jarjarloves View Post
...Why is Padme from Naboo? Why not make her from Alderan and that way we can actually see Alderan before it is destroyed? Then we have some emotional connection to the planet.
Alderaan IS seen (however briefly) before it's destroyed; at the end of Episode III.
"'Good' is a point of view, Anakin."

- Palpatine

Zeratho
02.11.2012 , 05:04 PM | #136
Quote: Originally Posted by -kobie- View Post
Can't tell if trolling or really that obtuse.
You think Attack of the Clones was entertaining? Okay buddy.

AcousticColors
02.11.2012 , 08:00 PM | #137
1) Star Wars world is dirty and gritty in the originals. In the prequels it's all sterile CG environments.

2) No Han Solo type character.

3) No memorable lietmotif. In the originals, you could tell who was on screen and what was happening just by the soundtrack. You could tell when the camera was pointed at Luke when he was swinging his lightsaber, or the exact moment that Vader dies, just by listening to the music.
Master Aralan Binst - 50 Defense Guardian - Ajunta Pall