Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Optimization needs to happen asap

First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

DenitharPurloin
08.27.2012 , 01:29 AM | #21
I have heard that turning off V-sync helps because of the limitations it puts on your FPS (won't go over your Resolution refresh rate) and it also scale down in large "blocks" when your FPS drops.

I am no expert though, just heard some people day that it helped.

Devlonir
08.27.2012 , 01:44 AM | #22
Quote: Originally Posted by Shouku View Post
I should also add that I experiened 2 bugs in GW2 so far.
1. Trader (GTN Equivalent) doesnt work yet to full functionality.
2. One of the skillpoint events was bugged and encounter would not actually trigger, but it is already fixed and I just did it.

Nice to have minor bugs fixed in less then 24 hours. I bet they will get the trader situation squared away before game goes store retail too. Try that BW !!!
Yeah, try that! Despite the fact half of it hasn't actually been done yet..
And despite the fact that there were a total of 6 bug fixing patches in early-release in TOR as well.

Really, are you so daft to not even realise how rose tinted your glasses are at this time because of the shiny new game?

I hope you enjoy the next few months of GW2 before you tire of that game as well and start ranting on forums about how much GW2 sucked and even TOR was better.
"Cows go 'Moo', Dogs go 'Woof', MMO Players go 'The PVP is unbalanced!" - Yahthzee
"I'm starting to get the feeling that BW and their MMO are not the dysfunctional ones." - Rafaman

Krewel
08.27.2012 , 03:13 AM | #23
Quote: Originally Posted by ElitehunterDS View Post
i5 with a 570 running at 45-80 fps in operation, not too sure what you guys are doing..

yes because engine programmers = modelers, animators and gameplay designers.

P.s. Cant deny they need to upgrade to 64 bit, multicore and the latest version of Directx.
Ok, mate, please tell me how you can achieve 45-80 fps in 16 man ops (there's a big difference between 8 and 16 man, the engine is terrible when it comes to bigger numbers) ... I have i5 2500k and gtx 560Ti, I run everything on High, except Shadows and AA are set to Low. During AoE spamfests in EC my fps drops to 25 (during clearing trash packs). The worst performance is during the NiM Pilgrim fight where it's most intensive, my fps can drop to 20 fps. Horrible, just horrible.

The game runs okay otherwise, i5 or i7 make all the difference in the world, but in 16 man ops where it's most intensive it's bad.

Better yet, would like some videos and pics, some proof people can get 60-80 fps during fights like NiM Pilgrim and AoE spam-fests in 16 man.

Solar_Breeze
08.27.2012 , 03:21 AM | #24
Quote: Originally Posted by FourTwent View Post
i miss ilum

fix your crap bioware!
Ilum misses you, its still there you know

Goretzu
08.27.2012 , 03:30 AM | #25
Quote: Originally Posted by hyuplee View Post
lol funny. Just played gw 2 and the spawn area had more than 30 people spamming all kinds of skills. No lag whatsoever. When I tried open world on Black Hole? 10 people use lightning and the frame rate drop to 8 fps. Really, BW I think it's time to optimize your engine. 26 fps with nVidia 670 and i7 processors? I wonder why swtor is bleeding subs.
Yeah the engine doens't hand anything over a a few spamming abilities, that's for sure.
Real Star Wars space combat please, not Star Wars Fox! Maybe some PvP and flight too?
Goretzu's Law: As an online discussion grows longer, the probability of a comparison involving "Entitled" approaches 1

Frumyrfrenzy
08.27.2012 , 03:53 AM | #26
I'm running an i7 2600 with a GTX 570 at 1080p everything set to highest. In 16 man operations the framerate drops to well under 30. Running gtx 570 SLI doesn't change a thing. I then created a thread in the customer support forum and finally got an answer from a CSR stating that my CPU is too weak. So yes, this game could use some significant optimizations.

atschai
08.27.2012 , 04:00 AM | #27
So the other day we did Open World PvP on Voss - 50 Imps vs 50 Reps. I had less than 1 FPS. Unplayable. And otherwise the game runs smooth as butter. No wonder Open World PvP is dead.

Petnil
08.27.2012 , 04:03 AM | #28
http://www.swtor.com/community/showt...ghlight=nvidia

I tried following the tips in this thread. Especially the running swtor in xp compatability helped.
I tried to suggest the thread for sticky since so many have problems with lag, but i guess there´s too many sticky´s in this forum allready.

Krewel
08.27.2012 , 06:52 AM | #29
Quote: Originally Posted by Frumyrfrenzy View Post
I'm running an i7 2600 with a GTX 570 at 1080p everything set to highest. In 16 man operations the framerate drops to well under 30. Running gtx 570 SLI doesn't change a thing. I then created a thread in the customer support forum and finally got an answer from a CSR stating that my CPU is too weak. So yes, this game could use some significant optimizations.
Yeah, that's exactly what's terrible with the game - in 16 man ops (or stuff like NiM Pilgrim) fps drops to ridiculous numbers. In 8 man people can spam their aoe until the end of times, but this game all of a sudden loses its stability during 16 man. I could, ofc, set lots of options to Medium or Low, but the game only looks digestible for the eyes on High, tbh.

So, please, people who brag with 60fps and beyond in ops, show some proof and post your specs or something. I really hate it when people start bragging about their 111 fps and all they do is run around Tython and stare at the wall And besides, isn't it a sign that the game has terrible optimization by default if it can drop from 111 to 25 fps in a split-second?

Goretzu
08.27.2012 , 07:15 AM | #30
Quote: Originally Posted by atschai View Post
So the other day we did Open World PvP on Voss - 50 Imps vs 50 Reps. I had less than 1 FPS. Unplayable. And otherwise the game runs smooth as butter. No wonder Open World PvP is dead.
It's not just PvP, get enough people doing a world boss and it results in the same slide-show.
Real Star Wars space combat please, not Star Wars Fox! Maybe some PvP and flight too?
Goretzu's Law: As an online discussion grows longer, the probability of a comparison involving "Entitled" approaches 1