Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Optimization needs to happen asap

First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

hyuplee
08.24.2012 , 11:30 PM | #1
lol funny. Just played gw 2 and the spawn area had more than 30 people spamming all kinds of skills. No lag whatsoever. When I tried open world on Black Hole? 10 people use lightning and the frame rate drop to 8 fps. Really, BW I think it's time to optimize your engine. 26 fps with nVidia 670 and i7 processors? I wonder why swtor is bleeding subs.

Lordoss - Cake is Real

Aedey
08.24.2012 , 11:34 PM | #2
I agree.. I don't have a good pc at all, but soon I will.. I can guarantee if I still lag at all after I get it I'll be unsubbing. This game's lag problems are just a joke.
A mate of mine has a $4000 computer.. until I showed him something he lagged quite badly. HOW can this game lag with computer of that quality? Might I add he wasn't ripped off.. hell he ripped the computer shop off.

Why in the umpaluma hell do we need to buy super computers to run this thing!??? Especially taking into account the graphics, compared to other 2011 games, are crud. Hardly anything on there could be considered an HD texture.. half of the character customisation things look like play-doh on someone's face.. I just don't get it.

Might I suggest downloading this?
http://www.iobit.com/gamebooster.html
It helped me a lot & I'm sure it's the only reason why my pc hasn't melted from this game yet.
Aedè Nebüll - Knight - Harbinger, Formerly Gav Daragon
SWG Europe - Chimaera, Ahazi

hyuplee
08.25.2012 , 05:05 AM | #3
Quote: Originally Posted by Aedey View Post
I agree.. I don't have a good pc at all, but soon I will.. I can guarantee if I still lag at all after I get it I'll be unsubbing. This game's lag problems are just a joke.
A mate of mine has a $4000 computer.. until I showed him something he lagged quite badly. HOW can this game lag with computer of that quality? Might I add he wasn't ripped off.. hell he ripped the computer shop off.

Why in the umpaluma hell do we need to buy super computers to run this thing!??? Especially taking into account the graphics, compared to other 2011 games, are crud. Hardly anything on there could be considered an HD texture.. half of the character customisation things look like play-doh on someone's face.. I just don't get it.

Might I suggest downloading this?
http://www.iobit.com/gamebooster.html
It helped me a lot & I'm sure it's the only reason why my pc hasn't melted from this game yet.
It's the optimization of the heroic engine. Everything in this game could've been great if they would just spend their time on fixing the damn engine instead of making content like HK 47.

Lordoss - Cake is Real

christhesithlord
08.25.2012 , 05:52 AM | #4
I am able to get ~16 fps on my amd radeon hd 4350. You call that bad?
Subscribe or subscribe not, there is no free
CE Pre-Orderer
CE VIP
Non-Stop Subscriber since December 15th, 2011

Helistin
08.25.2012 , 05:53 AM | #5
Quote: Originally Posted by christhesithlord View Post
Not bad. Abysmal maybe.
Immortal Juggernaut Med Operative Rage Marauder Marksman Sniper

Soluss
08.25.2012 , 05:56 AM | #6
If you think 16 fps is good then try playing on a real computer for a day. Play at 60+ fps and see what you think about 16 after.
James Ohlen: " For 2012 we really want players to feel like they're getting their money's worth. You're going to see so many changes and additions to the Star Wars Universe. It's going to be impressive. We have our Update 1.2 coming in the next week and then after that it's going to continue to roll out month after month. It's exciting."

christhesithlord
08.25.2012 , 06:08 AM | #7
Quote: Originally Posted by Soluss View Post
If you think 16 fps is good then try playing on a real computer for a day. Play at 60+ fps and see what you think about 16 after.
If you, like me learn to play with crappy fps, then it doesn't seem as bad. For me 16 seems fluid (but I still need to go down to 800X600 to get 16 of BF3)
Subscribe or subscribe not, there is no free
CE Pre-Orderer
CE VIP
Non-Stop Subscriber since December 15th, 2011

Catalan
08.25.2012 , 08:55 AM | #8
Surely it's too late to be asking this? The Hero engine cannot be modified.
Many Bothans died to bring you that information.

TheRealCandyMan
08.25.2012 , 09:37 AM | #9
Quote: Originally Posted by hyuplee View Post
lol funny. Just played gw 2 and the spawn area had more than 30 people spamming all kinds of skills. No lag whatsoever. When I tried open world on Black Hole? 10 people use lightning and the frame rate drop to 8 fps. Really, BW I think it's time to optimize your engine. 26 fps with nVidia 670 and i7 processors? I wonder why swtor is bleeding subs.
It's the hero engine. They made a terrible choice to use it.

SNCommand
08.25.2012 , 09:39 AM | #10
If you, like me learn to play with crappy fps, then it doesn't seem as bad. For me 16 seems fluid (but I still need to go down to 800X600 to get 16 of BF3)
Man, I feel sorry for you, hope you get your computer upgraded sooner rather than later
Quote: Originally Posted by Ben "Yahtzee" Croshaw
Personally I would slap Georges hands away from the editing desk, give him a colouring book and then remake the entire prequel trilogy so that Darth Vader uses the force to win breakdance competitions and chokes to death anyone who utters the word midichlorians.