Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

How to build a perfect Carnage Marauder on a Fresh 50

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Classes > Sentinel / Marauder
How to build a perfect Carnage Marauder on a Fresh 50

Megatfx
08.29.2012 , 10:42 AM | #21
Quote: Originally Posted by Xerain View Post
Sigh he's going to need to buy the BM marauder armor though. BM armorings don't trasfer over the set bonuses either so he can just sit in the BM marauder armor and at least have something useful with decent gear while they grind out their WH vindi 4pc.

And yes cheapest pieces aka 4pc without the chest :P.
It's an absolute waste of commendations to do that. Our 2 piece and 4 piece is absolute garbage. He'll save himself around 6k warzone commendations by just going straight for the BM Vindicator instead of getting BM Weaponmaster, then buying BM Vindicator then buying WH Vindicator. He can wear the BM Vindicator Armor as long as he rips everything out and puts them in Medium armor. All he has to do to get the War Hero is turn in the shell of the BM gear.

I played without set bonus' until I got the War Hero Vindicator.

DkSharktooth
08.29.2012 , 12:17 PM | #22
Link your spec please for this gear setup.

Megatfx
08.29.2012 , 12:57 PM | #23
Quote: Originally Posted by DkSharktooth View Post
Link your spec please for this gear setup.
If you look at the character builder the spec is linked.

EDIT:

http://swtor.askmrrobot.com/characte...6-527b62574fe8

DkSharktooth
08.29.2012 , 01:00 PM | #24
Quote: Originally Posted by Megatfx View Post
If you look at the character builder the spec is linked.

EDIT:

http://swtor.askmrrobot.com/characte...6-527b62574fe8
ah i see it now thnx

Xerain
08.29.2012 , 04:14 PM | #25
Quote: Originally Posted by Megatfx View Post
It's an absolute waste of commendations to do that. Our 2 piece and 4 piece is absolute garbage. He'll save himself around 6k warzone commendations by just going straight for the BM Vindicator instead of getting BM Weaponmaster, then buying BM Vindicator then buying WH Vindicator. He can wear the BM Vindicator Armor as long as he rips everything out and puts them in Medium armor. All he has to do to get the War Hero is turn in the shell of the BM gear.

I played without set bonus' until I got the War Hero Vindicator.
If they're a new player it may be a better idea for them to do this unless they have the money to back it up.

Crawelc
08.31.2012 , 07:53 AM | #26
Just looking over your build I would say you are low on acc for ataru form. Also looking at your spec Enraged Assault is a waste of 2 points IMO I never find myself rage starved as carnage, but this may be because I put those 2 points into Cloak of Carnage instead. My other stats are almost identical to yours 1137 primary damage 651 bonus with the stim, difference is that my crit is 29.9 and my acc is 105.4. I have 1853 str with the stim.

Edit: My bad I have 1117 primary and 631 bonus because I changed my power crystals for crit to get up to almost 30%, but I may go back on that after some testing.
Imprimis <Fight><Redemption><Conquest><Super Bads><Murica Force><The Cream><RSU>
All Imprimis All the time.
GM of 3 dead guilds and counting.

Megatfx
08.31.2012 , 08:36 AM | #27
Quote: Originally Posted by Crawelc View Post
Just looking over your build I would say you are low on acc for ataru form. Also looking at your spec Enraged Assault is a waste of 2 points IMO I never find myself rage starved as carnage, but this may be because I put those 2 points into Cloak of Carnage instead. My other stats are almost identical to yours 1137 primary damage 651 bonus with the stim, difference is that my crit is 29.9 and my acc is 105.4. I have 1853 str with the stim.

Edit: My bad I have 1117 primary and 631 bonus because I changed my power crystals for crit to get up to almost 30%, but I may go back on that after some testing.
You have low accuracy. I have 99.67% melee accuracy and 109.67% force accuracy. You're build is inferior to mine. Battering assault adds a lot of DPS which you are shorting yourself for no reason. Cloak of Carnage isn't needed because if you're good and manage your CD's correctly that becomes a waste of points.

Crawelc
08.31.2012 , 08:40 AM | #28
I have 105.4 mele acc and 115.4 force acc so yeah mine is higher than yours.
Imprimis <Fight><Redemption><Conquest><Super Bads><Murica Force><The Cream><RSU>

Crawelc
08.31.2012 , 08:42 AM | #29
I dont use battering assault as damage i use it as a rage builder, maybe I am shorting myself.

Megatfx
08.31.2012 , 10:36 AM | #30
Quote: Originally Posted by Crawelc View Post
I have 105.4 mele acc and 115.4 force acc so yeah mine is higher than yours.
And any top Marauder will tell you that you have wayyyyy too much Accuracy. That is just plain overkill.