Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Error Code 9000 followed by 2005

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Customer Service
Error Code 9000 followed by 2005
First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

HobbesToo
08.24.2012 , 10:19 AM | #1
I keep getting disconnected with an error code of 9000. When I try to log back into the server then I get an error code 2005. When I try to login for a 2nd time, then it usually works. I am not using a router, and I checked the firewall and both .exe's are already allowed. What are your other suggestions? These disconnections usually happen 5-6 times per hour and it's getting annoying.

Tirvaak
08.24.2012 , 10:24 AM | #2 Click here to go to the next staff post in this thread. Next  
Hi HobbesToo,

Could you go into your SWTOR installation folder and find a folder called "swtor". In it, you will see a file called "DiskCacheArena". Can you delete this and let me know if there is any improvement with the disconnections?

Thanks.

Tirvaak | Bioware Customer Service - Forum Support

HobbesToo
08.24.2012 , 10:27 AM | #3
Roger that, let me give that a try and see what happens. I'll report back in a few.

Tirvaak
08.24.2012 , 10:29 AM | #4 Click here to go to the next staff post in this thread. Next  
Hi HobbesToo,

That's great, thank you. I hope this helps with your issue but if not we can go through some more troubleshooting with you.

Thanks.

HobbesToo
08.24.2012 , 11:52 AM | #5
The game ran well for awhile however I got one disconnect with error 9000 and the other disconnect was with the 9000, 2005 combination. This was over the last hour of gaming. I have to step out for a bit but if you have some other suggestions please let me know and I'll work through them when I get back. Thank you for your time and your suggestions.

Tirvaak
08.25.2012 , 02:11 AM | #6 Click here to go to the next staff post in this thread. Next  
Hi HobbesToo,

I'm sorry to hear that my previous suggestion did not fully help with the issue. The 2005 error you are referring to can generally indicate a possible corruption in the installation. I would like you to run the repair function through the launcher to see if it finds any corrupt assets to fix.

To do this log in to the launcher as normal, before pressing play click on the cogwheel in the bottom left corner of the launcher and then select "repair".

Once the repair has completed, click play and see if the problem has been resolved.

Let me know if this helps.

HobbesToo
08.25.2012 , 09:05 AM | #7
Tirvaak, thanks for the suggestions. The repair option may have done the trick. I didn't have a single disconnect in 1 1/2 hrs of playing. Although I did switch planets during that time frame, I don't know if that matters but I figure I would let you know in case it does. I will have to "test" more today to ensure that the issue has been resolved

Tirvaak
08.25.2012 , 09:13 AM | #8 This is the last staff post in this thread.  
Hi HobbesToo,

That's great to hear, I'm glad that so far it seems to be helping. Switching planets wouldn't change anything so if you were going to disconnect then it would just happen.

I agree, I think the best option is to "test" it for a while longer, maybe even for the entire day just to be certain .

If you need any further help with this issue, or anything else please let me know and I will be happy to help.