Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

One change to fix them all!!!!

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Classes
One change to fix them all!!!!

BrOtay
12.19.2011 , 10:59 AM | #1
At least Jugg/Guards...

I posted this in Beta but it got lost in the forum shuffle so I'd like to propose this again for you all to review as a tank tweak I think we can all agree on.

Change GUARD (and w/e the equivalent sissy side skill is) such that instead of reducing targets threat generation by 25% to causing XX% of target's threat to be placed on the caster.

This change would go a LOOOOONG way to alleviating some of the threat issues, particularly in AoE tanking situations, without creating much, if any, balancing issues. Put Guard on a healer? All that aoe healing threat helps you hold. On a nasty aggro generating dps? His threat helps your threat! Obviously the % number can be tweaked to keep it from being a brainless "ITANK" button, but I really think this is how the skill should have been designed in the first place.

Thoughts?

DarthKaledan
12.19.2011 , 01:38 PM | #2
Wtb Vig.

chelate
12.19.2011 , 01:50 PM | #3
I wish Ion Cell was more reliable, and I can't even tell if it triggers off of AOE abilities (it doesn't seem to)
420 SLICE ALL DAY ERRYDAY

DarrkLore
12.20.2011 , 01:29 PM | #4
Quote: Originally Posted by BrOtay View Post
Change GUARD (and w/e the equivalent sissy side skill is) such that instead of reducing targets threat generation by 25% to causing XX% of target's threat to be placed on the caster.

This change would go a LOOOOONG way to alleviating some of the threat issues, particularly in AoE tanking situations, without creating much, if any, balancing issues. Put Guard on a healer? All that aoe healing threat helps you hold. On a nasty aggro generating dps? His threat helps your threat! Obviously the % number can be tweaked to keep it from being a brainless "ITANK" button, but I really think this is how the skill should have been designed in the first place.

Thoughts?
I think it's fine the way it is. Whether your threat goes up or theirs goes down, it works out pretty much the same either way.
ε╬╣!!!!╠▀▀{}▀(████████████████████████████████████████)

nepidae
12.20.2011 , 05:51 PM | #5
Quote:
I think it's fine the way it is. Whether your threat goes up or theirs goes down, it works out pretty much the same either way.
Only if you are duoing.

In the current situation only one person's threat is lowered. If it were changed to transfer threat to you then not only does _everyone's_ but your threat go down, but you get "free" threat on stuff that you never even touched, a significant gameplay change.

borflex
12.22.2011 , 01:56 AM | #6
I think this would be a great 'tweak' that would help even out AOE threat generation between the 3 tank classes. Probably most importantly (for some people), is that there is no PVP impact from this change.

I think it would also add some element of threat scaling to the JK/SW (i.e. as your party's DPS improves, so does your threat output).
Brannigan's Law is like Brannigan's love...Hard and fast!

Meiu
12.23.2011 , 05:24 AM | #7
great idea i support

Arathea
12.24.2011 , 04:45 AM | #8
Yeah... or no.

If you want good AoE aggro... don't play a tankclass with poor AoE capabilities.

Juggernauts have the best survivability cooldowns but the poorest AoE.
It's a tradeoff, live with it.

Gurza
12.25.2011 , 02:40 PM | #9
S++You have my support on this one
Gurza-Sith Jug
<Carnage>Nightmare Lands EU

Renvana
12.25.2011 , 03:07 PM | #10
I don't have an issue with threat.

Simply put, run in throw a whirling blade or two, or a force push, then let everyone wail on my target while I do the same, rinse and repeat as you switch from target to target, if you loose threat, that is what taunts are for, taunt, smack him twice, then go back to the primary target, threat is maintained.

At high levels, around 31? you get a mass taunt for when you need lots of threat and multiple target now.