Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

scoundrel or gunslinger?

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Classes
scoundrel or gunslinger?

08.24.2012 , 08:31 AM | #1
so today I was thinking about my lvl 11 gunslinger and how its abilitys are like my lvl 21? Sniper. I dont know if to delete him and make a scoundrel I mostly am going to change him in to a scoundrel but i still dont know.

08.24.2012 , 06:53 PM | #2
Well, the scoundrel requires a more strategic approach than the gunslinger. The gunfighter does more damage, making mobs a little easier to kill, but the scoundrel has the stealth ability; allowing you to sneak past mobs and avoid many fights altogether (not to mention some good crowd control skills).. If your the "run in guns blazing" type, then you might want to stick with the gunslinger. But if you prefer the crafty, sneaky route, then give the scoundrel a try. Note, though, that the scoundrel really requires good utilization of all of your abilities to play effectively and sometimes it can take awhile to get the hang of it and be a little frustrating at times. I was right around level 35 before I really started getting a feel for how to play the class and even now at 50 I still have some trouble with certain Boss fights. Good luck!
"The most wasted day of all is that on which we have not laughed"

08.24.2012 , 07:28 PM | #3
I have not played the Scoundrel but have a 50lvl Gunslinger. It does require some planning prior to combat, most of the skills are only active while under cover. There will be time you will need to move, run and gun to your next location and drop to your environment,

Picking the right companion is also a helpful, depending on the situation , single npc, use Risha/Guss, groups use either Bowdaar/Akaavi (make sure they have best armor and mods) For mission rewards, I take Mod/Armor then commendations then anything else, I take the best for my character and send the hand me downs to Risha.

I would suggest being at least 3 or more levels higher than the mission lvl, unless you have some folks to assist you. Make sure you have the best armor and mods, you can get, as well as stims and medpacks.

Gunfigther can be frustrating at first so patience is a virtue, take your time, prepare for combat, then excute your plan, take a breath, heal up, collect loot and walk away passively, till you have to draw down on another group of folks holding onto your righful credits!.

08.25.2012 , 04:14 AM | #4
I have both a lvl 50 scoundrel and lvl 50 gunslinger, both DPS spec but have the gear for healing on my scoundrel as well.

Both are really fun and I found myself not getting bored by repeating the whole story again.

Gunslinger is very much a , get down into cover and blast everything quickly. Really good dps and easily the fastest class to kill things.

Scrapper requires more thought, stun one, blast another groinkcik then backblast. At teh tiem managing things.

however in PvP and pvE you will find scrapper in short fights puts out alot more dps than gunslinger (burst wise) and although gunslinger has alot of burst its true ability is to gun down person after person whilst in cover above everyone.

Its your call but if you want the option to go something other than dps go scrapper.
Reyer DurinAlyva Durin
"Live Free, Go Down Fighting"