Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Event Id 129

First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

NerateMireth
08.23.2012 , 09:58 PM | #1
So I get this almost every time I try to play recently. The launcher runs just fine. I hit play then it takes longer than usual to get to the character selection screen. Eventually I get there and go to log into a character when it just sits there. No loading bar and the cog just spins, if it does anything. Any other MMO I play I have no issues. Looking in my event viewer I get:

Reset to device, \Device\RaidPort0, was issued.

I have run the repair function literally a dozen times.

I ONLY get this error when playing TOR. And it just started recently. I've logged into Dungeons and Dragons Online with NO ISSUES. I've reinstalled WoW and booted right into the game, NO ISSUES. I ONLY get this when playing TOR. It's weird because it worked just fine this morning when I played and NOTHING has changed since then (I was at work all day and my computer was powered down while I was at work).

I've run drive tests on my HD and all come up just fine. I've run Check Disk and fine. There is nothing wrong with my HD. I've checked the BIOS on the drive and it's current. But like I've said. I'm not having issues with ANYTHING else but TOR. I hope I don't have to reinstall but will try that next even though repair has been run a dozen times and it finds nothing to repair.

Any thoughts? Help? Suggestions? Witch Doctor Rituals? I'll even sacrifice my Jedi to a Sith Lord if it works.
Imperial Northwestern Front
Personnel Division Commander

Basteen, Cryptstalker, Slari, Halo-TwoSeven, Nera'Adal, Olplyn

Bronholz
08.23.2012 , 10:38 PM | #2 Click here to go to the next staff post in this thread. Next  
Greetings NerateMireth,

To help us investigate your issue can you please provide us with a Dxdiag.
Spoiler

Please also post up a copy of your most recent launcher logs, again within spoiler tags("[spoiler][/spoiler])
Spoiler

Thanks for your patience.
Bronholz | BioWare Customer Service – Forum Support

NerateMireth
08.24.2012 , 07:52 AM | #3
Ok, here are the logs:
DXDIAG
Spoiler

and the last log:
Spoiler

NerateMireth
08.24.2012 , 07:54 AM | #4
In the log I included the first one for the day that worked just fine and the last one for the night. For 3 hours I tried all kinds of things including repairing the game a dozen times. Each time it basically told me nothing to repair.

NerateMireth
08.25.2012 , 08:11 AM | #5
I retract part of my earlier statement. The only thing that changed between the time the game was working and not working was an update to Flash Player. Gonna try rolling back to the previous version and see if that is what was messing things up. I doubt it but who knows anymore.

NerateMireth
08.28.2012 , 01:27 PM | #6
So I notice that not even a reply back saying they're looking into it. Here I thought CS/TS was better than in other MMOs but looks like they are no better.

Come on F2P! Cause IF I can get back into game you guys will NOT get another penny from me.

Bronholz
08.28.2012 , 08:30 PM | #7 Click here to go to the next staff post in this thread. Next  
Hi again NerateMireth,
==EDIT==
Changed link
=======
Thanks for providing this information, I apologise that we didn't get back to you before.

The error that you are receiving indicates that there is a problem with a RAID setup on your PC. Are you aware of what sort of RAID that you are currently running (0,1,2,3,4,5,6) and would you be able to reset it, so that you aren't running a RAID setup? If so please see if this allows you to enter the game again.

Something we would also recommend is to update your nForce driver, which you can do from here: http://www.nvidia.com/Download/index.aspx?lang=en-us

Thanks for your patience.

NerateMireth
08.29.2012 , 10:04 AM | #8
I am not running any kind of RAID setup and checked this after researching what the event id meant. So this is not an issue. I'll try the drivers even though my card is not on the list of those supported. As of right now I can get into the game for short periods. Sometimes it's a couple of hours, other times it's a matter of minutes before i have these issues and it's STILL only with TOR and no other game or program.

NerateMireth
08.29.2012 , 04:40 PM | #9
Well, that jacked up ALOT of things. I just spent the last several hours UNDOING things that those drivers did. And, as of now I'm running the repair option because IF I can get to the character selection screen, I see NO avatars there. And I say IF because out of 6 tries, 5 of them NEVER got there. As a test, after I continued to have problems, I tried a couple of other MMOs and couldn't get into those either.

Now, let's hope I fixed everything your advice messed up.

Bronholz
08.29.2012 , 04:54 PM | #10 This is the last staff post in this thread.  
Hi NerateMireth,

Sorry about that, the drivers were an example of the ones that you needed and the link I should have pointed you too was here http://www.nvidia.com/Download/index.aspx?lang=en-us where you can select your specifications. I apologise that I didn't make this clearer and for the problems that this has caused.

If you have not already please do a system restore to before the drivers were installed and this should resolve any issues that you are having.

Thank you.