Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer
×

A Letter to Bioware - Regarding Cheating in PvP and Ways to Discourage it.

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > PvP
A Letter to Bioware - Regarding Cheating in PvP and Ways to Discourage it.

tsedav's Avatar


tsedav
12.27.2012 , 11:28 AM | #31
we had a huttball today where we barely got out of our side (lowbie pvp) when the other team already had the ball, teleported past the fire traps and came to our goal line. somehow someone managed to stun him, and all 8 of us had our way with him . he rage quit after that but yea.. it was kinda funny

mrsoap's Avatar


mrsoap
01.17.2014 , 06:55 AM | #32
Well to those who says its abilitys and not hacks please tell me wich class got these abilitys =P
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WHfG0ruuUOk
and
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZFFMYL4EpDY

had one of those in hutball today

cycao's Avatar


cycao
01.17.2014 , 06:57 AM | #33
Holy *********** necro.

LogicalPremise's Avatar


LogicalPremise
01.17.2014 , 07:08 AM | #34
Quote: Originally Posted by cycao View Post
Holy *********** necro.
This is the second time it's been resurrected from the dead, too!
Majynn, L55 Sorc - The Society - Harbinger
Garadan, L55 Jugg- Dark Void - Harbinger
Vongrath, L35 Op- Dark Void - Harbinger

alexzk's Avatar


alexzk
01.17.2014 , 07:26 AM | #35
Well...whatever

....smart cheaters do like +15% speed which looks like they're out of combat while you're in (or have permanent mara buff while there is no maras at all), you can see that by 2 things:

1. they're same class as you and you have all possible speed boosts used but they're still faster
2. LAG - this is most annoying. Because of nature of the cheat game client goes to sync its state to server much often then usually. If you have ping more than 20ms ...well, it drops fps to 10-20 even on i7

So, I dont care if they run faster, bcs they still die. But this lag / fps drop is unacceptable :/.
There is no ignorance - there is knowledge.

PloGreen's Avatar


PloGreen
01.17.2014 , 09:27 AM | #36
Quote: Originally Posted by alexzk View Post
Well...whatever

....smart cheaters do like +15% speed which looks like they're out of combat while you're in (or have permanent mara buff while there is no maras at all), you can see that by 2 things:

1. they're same class as you and you have all possible speed boosts used but they're still faster
2. LAG - this is most annoying. Because of nature of the cheat game client goes to sync its state to server much often then usually. If you have ping more than 20ms ...well, it drops fps to 10-20 even on i7

So, I dont care if they run faster, bcs they still die. But this lag / fps drop is unacceptable :/.
What?

SuperGrunt's Avatar


SuperGrunt
01.17.2014 , 09:38 AM | #37
Quote: Originally Posted by LogicalPremise View Post
This is the second time it's been resurrected from the dead, too!
Would that make it a zombie thread or a mummy thread?
Guild leader of {Imperial} <The Betrayed> & {Republic} <xX The Betrayed Xx> on The Harbinger. Recruitment Thread
My Twitch channel, both a link and the address so you can choose how you visit it. twitch.tv/otawo

Vodrin's Avatar


Vodrin
01.17.2014 , 10:02 AM | #38
Quote: Originally Posted by mrsoap View Post
Well to those who says its abilitys and not hacks please tell me wich class got these abilitys =P
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WHfG0ruuUOk
and
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZFFMYL4EpDY

had one of those in hutball today
And even the videos are necros. First one is from well before 2.0 went live. I pronounce this the thread of the undead.

JestersRevenge's Avatar


JestersRevenge
01.17.2014 , 10:24 AM | #39
Quote: Originally Posted by SuperGrunt View Post
Would that make it a zombie thread or a mummy thread?
Neither, this is the Wayne Newton / Jerry Lewis of all necros I've ever witnessed...

teclado's Avatar


teclado
01.17.2014 , 01:00 PM | #40
I now declare this to be a mummy thread.

No, not the woman living upstairs...
Malovo - Marauder | Katolo - Sentinel, Harbinger