Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Anakin Skywalker vs Darth Bane

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > STAR WARS Discussion
Anakin Skywalker vs Darth Bane

Newyankalt
08.23.2012 , 11:30 PM | #21
Rots anakin when he is a Jedi is practicly allready vader he used his anger to beat dooku.

DarthGeass
08.24.2012 , 12:09 AM | #22
Which ROTS Anakin? Zonakin or against Obi-Wan? Lucas already stated Anakin has the highest potential of any known force user. It's demonstrated when he's in the zone vs Dooku (Zonakin) and wip[es Dooku easily. Simialr to how Dooku owned Obi Wan twice. But yet Obi Wan was able to match with Anakin?

It's because Anakin was unfocused and did not tap his potential so we get two very different Anakins.

Since he doesn't know Bane, Anakin will go in zone and own Bane because as Lucas said he's the best.
Tosh ::: :::
Eternal Vigilance ::: Recruitment Thread ::: :::

Pesh
08.24.2012 , 09:29 AM | #23
Based off Banes rule of two, Anakin is far more superior to Bane.

The whole reason for the rule of two was to stop diluting the power of the dark side and have it focus through 2 individuals. Thus every generation of Sith is stronger then the last until we reach Sidious, who becomes the perk of their power. Anakin is chosen by him, because he is an apprentice who can and would be (without his injuries) stronger then Sidious himself.

Obviously Bane's plan failed cause he did not take into account (or have the knowledge about) the force constantly re-balancing itself.

Bane was powerful, but he was a big fish among little fish. He started the rule of two so the Sith could grown into sharks. So with my bad analogy... Bane is a mere Tuna and Anakin is a Great White Shark in battle. Bane would be proud to see how powerful the Sith had become with Sidious and Anakin.

BrandonSM
08.24.2012 , 01:51 PM | #24
I'm actually quite unsure now who would win.

Quote: Originally Posted by DarthGeass View Post
Which ROTS Anakin? Zonakin or against Obi-Wan? Lucas already stated Anakin has the highest potential of any known force user. It's demonstrated when he's in the zone vs Dooku (Zonakin) and wip[es Dooku easily. Simialr to how Dooku owned Obi Wan twice. But yet Obi Wan was able to match with Anakin?

It's because Anakin was unfocused and did not tap his potential so we get two very different Anakins.

Since he doesn't know Bane, Anakin will go in zone and own Bane because as Lucas said he's the best.
But Anakin never reached his Force Potential. If he did, he would have been able to obilerate the Emperor and roftlstomp Obi-wan on Mustafar.

I'm talking about Pre-Vader Anakin. Before kneeling down before Palpatine.

Also, the whole reason Obi-wan was taken down so quickly by Dooku is because is the greatest master of Makashi. Makashi is the best counterpart to Soresu.

Anakin was the greatest master of Djem So, which is enhanced by emotions per Wookieepedia, so he was literally at his height as the master of Djem So against Obi-wan Kenobi. He had full on hatred for Obi-wan because of his foolish mind.
Hapan: "This creature has information that could lead us to a woman who has been kidnapped. We will get that information."
Luke: "This woman is a citizen of the New Republic, and if you do not take your hands off her, I will take your hands off you."

Rayla_Felana
08.24.2012 , 01:58 PM | #25
I still believe Bane simply needs to Transfer his essence into the Chosen One and he wins instantaneously.

BrandonSM
08.24.2012 , 02:11 PM | #26
Quote: Originally Posted by Rayla_Felana View Post
I still believe Bane simply needs to Transfer his essence into the Chosen One and he wins instantaneously.
How are we sure that he can transfer his essence? DK said he failed with Zannah on his website.
Hapan: "This creature has information that could lead us to a woman who has been kidnapped. We will get that information."
Luke: "This woman is a citizen of the New Republic, and if you do not take your hands off her, I will take your hands off you."

ReiKai
08.24.2012 , 02:22 PM | #27
Bane. Anakin mastered Djem So. Bane mastered all seven forms and primarily uses Djem So. Anakin is around 6ft all best. Bane is 2m tall. Anakin has an average build. Bane is built like a brick S***house. Anakin has very little knowledge of the Force and Techniques. Bane learned from the Sith Academy on Korriban and from numerous Sith Holocrons, writings and scrolls he gathered over the years.

Anakin was good in tactics for War against mostly Droids. Bane created an information network with spies and gathered intel from across the galaxy along with near limitless resources, which would continue to be used by the Sith up until Sidious. Anakin is a short-term planner. Bane is a long term game changer.

Anakin beat Dooku, because of Plot-Shield (seriously, it was pre-determined by the fact Anakin becomes Vader and is in the OT). Bane lost to Zannah by a minute fraction, someone with greater potential than himself and was more adept in Sith Sorcery than he could have become. The Huntress, aka Darth Cognus (who'd become Zannah's apprentice afterwords), had strong foresight and precog, and couldn't tell which one of them would come out the victor during battle because they were respectively equal. Bane had the edge in strength and saber combat, and Zannah had the edge in Force power and techniques. It was a close fight and could've gone either way.

All in all, Bane takes the win.
CE Owner: ...what? I wanted the music. I like music.
Statement: SGRA's - I support them. Do you have a problem with that, Meatbag?

Aurbere
08.24.2012 , 02:26 PM | #28
Quote: Originally Posted by BrandonSM View Post
How are we sure that he can transfer his essence? DK said he failed with Zannah on his website.
I think Zannah has a much higher will than Anakin. When Bane attempts to transfer his essence it becomes a battle of wills and Zannah won.
Palpatines Essence transfer relies on his will being greater than the host, specifically when attempting to transfer into a live host. The host can only hope to resist the invading essence long enough to either fight the essence off or to commit suicide. I think those are the only ways to stop a transfer.
Added Chapter 29 to The Shadows Fall
"You felt it; the power of hate. The power of the Dark Side. Your eyes are opened. You see now. The power burns more brightly, stronger on the Dark Side. Despite what the Council had taught you, you now know the truth."- Count Dooku

BrandonSM
08.24.2012 , 02:33 PM | #29
Quote: Originally Posted by ReiKai View Post
Bane mastered all seven forms and primarily uses Djem So.

Care to back that up?

Rayla_Felana
08.24.2012 , 02:42 PM | #30
Quote: Originally Posted by BrandonSM View Post
Zannah was an extremely intelligent Sith Lord with far more knowledge in the ways of Sith mind tricks and sorcery than Bane could imagine, which was made obvious when she cut his arm off with her mind, Anakin has no willpower at all, he is easily influenced and manipulated, hence the events of his life.