Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Anakin Skywalker vs Darth Bane

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > STAR WARS Discussion
Anakin Skywalker vs Darth Bane

BrandonSM
08.23.2012 , 09:10 PM | #11
Quote: Originally Posted by Aximand View Post
Well, seeing as how by the Banite rule, Bane himself is in actuality the weakest of that order (since he was the first), I gotta go with Anakin on this one.

Well Anakin wasn't Sith yet, otherwise I would have said Vader.

Even though he beat Tyrannus, Tyrannus was never planned to become a Master in the RoT and could never succeed his master. Making the RoT inelligible in my opinion.

Dooku didn't know half of what Sidious knew, because Sidious intended fort his. He wanted to make sure Dooku would never be a on any level of a threat, all he was, was a tool in the Grand Plan that had to die.
Hapan: "This creature has information that could lead us to a woman who has been kidnapped. We will get that information."
Luke: "This woman is a citizen of the New Republic, and if you do not take your hands off her, I will take your hands off you."

Sindorin
08.23.2012 , 09:12 PM | #12
Depends on what stage Bane is at. If we take both at their height, then Bane by far. Especially if he is able to master the technique of immortality that we see at the end.

Masta-Blasta - Vanguard

Sindorin - Assassin

BrandonSM
08.23.2012 , 09:22 PM | #13
Quote: Originally Posted by Sindorin View Post
Depends on what stage Bane is at. If we take both at their height, then Bane by far. Especially if he is able to master the technique of immortality that we see at the end.
Drew confirmed Bane failed at taking over Zannah.

Care to back up why you think Bane takes it without any questions?
Hapan: "This creature has information that could lead us to a woman who has been kidnapped. We will get that information."
Luke: "This woman is a citizen of the New Republic, and if you do not take your hands off her, I will take your hands off you."

Aurbere
08.23.2012 , 09:24 PM | #14
I really think Anakin would win this. Bane is no joke, but Anakin has everything in his favor. He has superior saber skills( being the greatest practitioner of Djem So), he has the greatest Force potential( being the Chosen One and all). I don't see how Bane could win this one. It would take a miracle.
Added Chapter 66 to The Shadows Fall
"Your only hope to survive is to give in to the rage boiling within you, to acknowledge the Dark Side you deny, and tap into it!"--Darth Tyranus

BrandonSM
08.23.2012 , 09:30 PM | #15
Quote: Originally Posted by Aurbere View Post
I really think Anakin would win this. Bane is no joke, but Anakin has everything in his favor. He has superior saber skills( being the greatest practitioner of Djem So), he has the greatest Force potential( being the Chosen One and all). I don't see how Bane could win this one. It would take a miracle.

He has great Force Potential. But he never achieved his full Force Potential. Force Potential is different from his actual Force Power that he actually had.

Rayla_Felana
08.23.2012 , 09:43 PM | #16
They duel for awhile, back and forth, then when Bane realises the power this being has, the Sith'Ari essence transfers into The Chosen One and basically becomes a force god, Anakin stands no chance at all in a battle of wills with Bane.

Aurbere
08.23.2012 , 09:44 PM | #17
Quote: Originally Posted by BrandonSM View Post
He has great Force Potential. But he never achieved his full Force Potential. Force Potential is different from his actual Force Power that he actually had.
Which Anakin are we talking about here. Vader or ROTS Anakin?
Vader wins Anakin loses.
"Your only hope to survive is to give in to the rage boiling within you, to acknowledge the Dark Side you deny, and tap into it!"--Darth Tyranus

Rayla_Felana
08.23.2012 , 09:46 PM | #18
Quote: Originally Posted by Aurbere View Post
Which Anakin are we talking about here. Vader or ROTS Anakin?
Vader wins Anakin loses.
Vader and Anakin may as well be two different people when it comes to a battle, he means Anakin Skywalker, as in before he becomes Darth Vader in the Chancellor's office.

Aurbere
08.23.2012 , 10:14 PM | #19
Quote: Originally Posted by Rayla_Felana View Post
Vader and Anakin may as well be two different people when it comes to a battle, he means Anakin Skywalker, as in before he becomes Darth Vader in the Chancellor's office.
Ah. Well then Anakin loses. Simply because Bane has learned to temper his rage while Anakin still falls into that trap. Anakin would make a mistake and Bane would finish him.

Sindorin
08.23.2012 , 10:51 PM | #20
Quote: Originally Posted by BrandonSM View Post
Drew confirmed Bane failed at taking over Zannah.

Care to back up why you think Bane takes it without any questions?
I never said he had mastered it. A lot of things depended on Bane being able to succeed with Zannah, but most of the reasons he failed were attributed to Zannah being an expert at the arcane mental skills of Sith Sorcery. Anakin Skywalker doesn't possess these techniques and is generally more closer to a warrior's mentality, and excels more at martial skills. Bane is a master of not only martial skills, but he had in the 2nd and third books, been delving deeply into the more arcane aspects of Sith lore.

So in short: there's no reason to get hostile with my answer, and if you learned to read, you'd see I didn't really make any claim at all about Bane really being a master of anything. Chill out.

Masta-Blasta - Vanguard

Sindorin - Assassin