Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer
×

PSA for "mdps" LFG spammers


Khevar's Avatar


Khevar
08.29.2012 , 04:06 PM | #41
Quote: Originally Posted by Larry_Dallas View Post
?

If ranged stays between 26 and 30, they don't get fearful. Don't care what the technotes say, that's how it works. I've never gotten fearful at max-ish range on a sorc. They do not need to be at 35, much less 39.

But yeah, if they're within 24 meters and get fearful, their own pre-existing dots can and likely will kill them.
Just last night I got Fearful while at 29 meters away from Zorn in HM EC.

I was on the cave side, way to the right of Zorn, so that when Toth jumps, he would be even further away (just in case).

I had kicked off Full Auto right before the jump happened, figured I was far enough away and safe. Fearful kicked in at the middle of the channel and I went from 80% health to dead quicker than you could say "What the ..."

I'd love to get an understanding of the actual mechanics, but I've seem so many conflicting claims that its actually kind of frustrating.

LogicalPremise's Avatar


LogicalPremise
08.30.2012 , 06:58 PM | #42
Quote: Originally Posted by Keii View Post
MMORPGs have been crapping on Melee for as long as I can remember.
So has real life.
Majynn, L55 Sorc - The Society - Harbinger
Garadan, L55 Jugg- Dark Void - Harbinger
Vongrath, L35 Op- Dark Void - Harbinger

CJAShadow's Avatar


CJAShadow
08.31.2012 , 01:44 AM | #43
IMO mdps has better burst damage then rdps, while rdps has better long term dps because they can stay on the target even during large movement.

mdps usually take more damage because of their proximity to the tank, but smart healers will use this to an advantage and use their aoe heals on the tank (needs healing the most) and mdps.

I play a scoundrel healer and a scoundrel dps. On bosses like fabricator and Zorn/Toth, things are harder on me and the healer from me. I have to wisely use my DCs on cooldown and know my spacing well. But on fights like SOA and Kephess (the droid part) I can burn my burst damage skills asap and really hurt something.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------
Lock- Master Zhar Lestin
Cyann- Harbinger

Larry_Dallas's Avatar


Larry_Dallas
08.31.2012 , 02:12 AM | #44
Quote: Originally Posted by Khevar View Post
Just last night I got Fearful while at 29 meters away from Zorn in HM EC.

I was on the cave side, way to the right of Zorn, so that when Toth jumps, he would be even further away (just in case).

I had kicked off Full Auto right before the jump happened, figured I was far enough away and safe. Fearful kicked in at the middle of the channel and I went from 80% health to dead quicker than you could say "What the ..."

I'd love to get an understanding of the actual mechanics, but I've seem so many conflicting claims that its actually kind of frustrating.
Only way I could see it happening that way is if you or the other guy pulled threat just before the jump and you maybe didn't see it due to lag or something. That's literally the only situation that's ever given me the debuff and yes, my own dots invariably kill me despite not attacking zorn again until I wipe. I've never pulled back past 30m once and without the tank losing threat, I've never gotten fearful.

wetslampigduex's Avatar


wetslampigduex
08.31.2012 , 01:14 PM | #45
This game is not hard. Melee or Ranged it doesnt matter. Zorn and Toth is simple.. melee on zorn switch at 93% 73%.. so on so you dont get leaped on and noone ever gets fearfull... the puzzle in KP you can bring all mdps.. it doesnt matter should have 2 dps melee or ranged and one healer doing the puzzle that way the boss has the debuff from the fire at all times.... LI lol is not hard with melee honestly think its easier keep the whole group stacked up(obviously tank in front and dps and heals behind the droid) and you as the tank get to choose where the lighting spires drop ( the adds can be ignored and the fire doesnt hurt enough to walk around it) Lorrick lol again easy dont stand in green **** or in front of him after he yells hes got some tricks up his sleeve.

And to who ever posted somthing about ranged dps kiting the lighting spires on SC and FB... you doing it wrong if your healer cant kite and heal the very small amount of dmg being put out over there cut your losses and find a new one cause your is bad.

grallmate's Avatar


grallmate
08.31.2012 , 08:26 PM | #46
Quote: Originally Posted by Larry_Dallas View Post
Only way I could see it happening that way is if you or the other guy pulled threat just before the jump and you maybe didn't see it due to lag or something. That's literally the only situation that's ever given me the debuff and yes, my own dots invariably kill me despite not attacking zorn again until I wipe. I've never pulled back past 30m once and without the tank losing threat, I've never gotten fearful.
If the bosses are properly positioned you can get away with this, however if they're off you're liable to one-shotting yourself. We used to do this but found it easier on everyone to just have the DPS back up for a few seconds. Also helps to avoid anyone pulling threat on the first swap.

Quote: Originally Posted by wetslampigduex View Post
This game is not hard. Melee or Ranged it doesnt matter. Zorn and Toth is simple.. melee on zorn switch at 93% 73%.. so on so you dont get leaped on and noone ever gets fearfull... the puzzle in KP you can bring all mdps.. it doesnt matter should have 2 dps melee or ranged and one healer doing the puzzle that way the boss has the debuff from the fire at all times.... LI lol is not hard with melee honestly think its easier keep the whole group stacked up(obviously tank in front and dps and heals behind the droid) and you as the tank get to choose where the lighting spires drop ( the adds can be ignored and the fire doesnt hurt enough to walk around it) Lorrick lol again easy dont stand in green **** or in front of him after he yells hes got some tricks up his sleeve.

And to who ever posted somthing about ranged dps kiting the lighting spires on SC and FB... you doing it wrong if your healer cant kite and heal the very small amount of dmg being put out over there cut your losses and find a new one cause your is bad.
Every time I read one of your posts I feel the need to gouge my eyes out. You seem to always ignore the content of the thread and then add in some boasting about how easy everything is followed by belittling everyone that does something differently without any justification as to why your method is better.

LI is harder with melee because the tank has to rely on the DPS to get the interrupt on incinerate. Now I can get it consistently within 0.5s of the channel starting. On my Guardian though, if I'm moving I am almost always out of range. Less of an issue on my Assassin because of the 10m interrupt, but real painful when you need to stay within 4m. So yes, I prefer ranged because I have control of my own fate. If I screw up I die (or pop CDs). I don't like it when other peoples screw ups kill me, especially in a PUG. Lorrick is a joke however you look at him.

With SC/FB it doesn't matter if you have a healer or DPS on the ground. You should use whatever is easier for your group. We have no enrage issues so having a DPS down there is fine for us. If you have enrage issues it is better to have a healer running around so you can increase DPS uptime. We also run with both Sage healers who can't heal on the run.

Ultimately, the best strategy is the one that works for your group. The easiest one is the one where you have the most control/least variables, melee tends to add more variables and reduce (the tanks) control.