Guild Bank Tabs Are Too Expensive

NRaySI

I am one of the leaders of our guild and part of my responsibility of helping to manage the guild on a day-to-day basis is also the operation and upkeep of the guild bank. Now, I don't know what the "average" guild size would be, but I'd imagine the number would vary between server to server. With the addition of the GB (Guild Bank) we've made it a heck of a lot easier for our members to bring alts through the leveling system and others to more easily progress through their crew skills by using the crafting materials we have saved up.

The issue, is at what cost. Granted, our guild has hundreds of players and mustering up the credits by asking for donations could be done. However, we're at a point where the bank tabs are just too much for our community to afford. People are burned out on dailys, but do them to get the credits they need for Operations, crafting, stims. ..what have you. There isn't much to spare from our member base to give to the bank, and even after those who do, we are nowhere near our mark for purchasing another new tab.

To be clear, we are not talking the 7th tab here, our guild is working on the 4th tab and our GB is overflowing with items at the moment, so we need to expand. I think the inflated price for the tabs kicks in with the 4th, actually. For those unaware, here's the breakdown:

• Guild Bank - 600K
  • 2nd Tab - 1Mil (40% inflation)
  • 3rd Tab - 2Mil (50% inflation)
  • 4th Tab - 3.5Mil (46% inflation)
  • 5th Tab - 7Mil (50% inflation)
  • 6th Tab - 15Mil (54% inflation)
  • 7th Tab - 30Mil (50% inflation)
  • TOTAL COST - 59.1Mil

Wow. So how much work does a guild have to do actually to unlock the entire GB? As of 1.2, Empire players can generate 229,773 credits and Republic 217,930 per day by completing all daily quests. (Minus additional expenses.) So that means you would need to run daiies for 257 days as Empire or 271 days as Republic to have a GB and all seven tabs.

My feeling is that this pricing value is fair in Bioware's mind, as it IS a credit sink (GB isn't mandatory for game progression) and it coincides with the pricing of other things like this, such as the legacy perks. Weighing the price at these levels ensures that roughly 10-20 people will be involved in progressing the bank for every ones use. . .I think this is the wrong state of mind and approach at utilizing this tool.

Instead, I would encourage Bioware to view the GB as another social/community tool. The direct benefits from having a GB with more affordable tabs will encourage more guild growth and also have a better output on the server economy, as players won't have to "break the bank" (no pun intended) to go out and get those more expensive mats to craft their heart away.

TL;DR: Guild Bank tabs are too expensive after you progress past the first three tabs. The cost for the guild does not justify the use, and the prices need to be brought down. Additionally, the base price should be lowered slightly as well. It doesn't have to be at a level where EVERYONE has the ability to easily get all seven tabs, but a slight decrease like we saw with 1.3 & the removal of mods from items. Here's what I would like to see:

• Guild Bank - 500K (17% reduction)
  • 2nd Tab - 1Mil (same)
  • 3rd Tab - 1.8Mil (10% reduction)
  • 4th Tab - 3Mil (14% reduction)
  • 5th Tab - 5.5Mil (19% reduction)
  • 6th Tab - 11Mil (27% reduction)
  • 7th Tab - 20Mil (33% reduction)
  • TOTAL COST - 42.8Mil (28% overall price reduction)

This estimate keeps the price range relatively high as you progress tab by tab, but also gives the players a bigger price reduction as they purchase more tabs. The only other system that I could think of would be to have the price reduction values based off of how many members you have in your guild. But if course this leaves plenty of room for people to cheat the system if not properly policed, so this was my best approach.

If you agree or have any comments with the info above, please please PLEASE reply and chime in with your thoughts. I would really like to see this change put in, I know it would make our guild very happy. Thanks for your time!

Edited by NRaySI

I understand that games need credit sinks, but BW went crazy with all of the credit sinks that they proposed. The last time that they gave the stat, there was relatively a small percentage of people who had 400k credits. I am curious what that number is now that the augment system has been put in place and the legacy system expanded. My guess is that the number has fallen even if you adjusted for the mass exodus from the game after the 6 month period.

I understand that games need credit sinks, but BW went crazy with all of the credit sinks that they proposed. The last time that they gave the stat, there was relatively a small percentage of people who had 400k credits. I am curious what that number is now that the augment system has been put in place and the legacy system expanded. My guess is that the number has fallen even if you adjusted for the mass exodus from the game after the 6 month period.

I wish I could Thumbs-up this. :rak_01: I really didn't even touch on that, but I totally agree that the credit sinks in the game completely outweigh the credit gains. In BW's defense, I guess this is how they get you to pick & choose what perks you want your character to focus on.

I see the pro's and con's of this discussion. We can all agree SWTOR is a credit sink in some areas, even today I hit 0 credits on one of my toons. So I can relate. But, does the cost define based on a guilds size also need to be considered?

There's a reason for high legacyprices: F2P

They want people to buy legacy perks and so on with Cartel Coins.

If we had a guild tax system it wouldn't be a big issue.. But for now I agree.. It is way to spendy to get tabs.. We need a guild tax system added.. That will be a huge help toward guild funds.. :cool:

Guild Bank slots are waaaaaaay too expensive. Total agreement. That price could be HALVED actually.

I Understand how a Guild Tax could help but how would you set it up to avoid drastic abuse? The Guild Leader decides to up the tax from 2% to 50% overnight, tells no one, and withdraws the funds personally two days later. What system would you propose to prevent that?

• 7 months later...

You got the maths wrong:

15million-30million is 100% inflation because it is also double.

However 30million-15million is 50% deflation because 50% is half.

So if the inflation was 50% then it would only cost 22.5 million because it would be increasing by 50%(7.5million).

You got the maths wrong:

15million-30million is 100% inflation because it is also double.

However 30million-15million is 50% deflation because 50% is half.

So if the inflation was 50% then it would only cost 22.5 million because it would be increasing by 50%(7.5million).

Although I do believe that you are right and I agree that they are too expensive.

Guild Bank slots are waaaaaaay too expensive. Total agreement. That price could be HALVED actually.

I Understand how a Guild Tax could help but how would you set it up to avoid drastic abuse? The Guild Leader decides to up the tax from 2% to 50% overnight, tells no one, and withdraws the funds personally two days later. What system would you propose to prevent that?

Maybe you could use a system where you must be notified 2 days in advance?

• 1 month later...

Agree they are too expensive now.

When they were brought in we had no issues with donations and soon got upto 3 bank tabs.

however they then introduced Legacy and members quite rightly started to save and spend their spare credits on unlocks however the guild costs remained the same.

• 5 months later...
what is the purpose of a guild bank f2p does have access and people sell the unlock on the gtm for more than 200K which makes as much sense as any considering f2ps can't hold anything above 200K credits..I mean people ***** about pricing that Bioware asks yet these same players ask for any where from 500K to 2 mil for things they got with only a few cartel coins...Don't tell me you all expect a subscriber to buy .. If I had a choice between the 350 cartel or blowing 1.2 mil to some player to unlock section X for a friend I would pay the cartel coins.. :p Say if Bioware lowered the cost I am safetly betting that players will still be just as greedy ..I really thinks that people can't get rich in irl so they have to in game and really most people don't even realize they are being ripped off...

Dailies? Realy? It's not a money source. If you have 10 ppl friend guild you do not need full gbank, but if your guild is large you can collect about 1m credits from each member to buy all.

you can't collect cred from f2p players they can't trade or send mail..I mean noone thinks of the many many free to play players..they are limited on many things like guild bank access mailing trade and even having creds they can only hold max 200K...... they can't create more than 2 characters perserver..they get only 1 or two quickbars..Sad thing is in most games they allow f2p to buy unlocks but they unlock for the account ...So to me I think in the end getting subscription is best choice because your not blowing tons and tons of money to unlock things for just one character..I am betting bioware would make more money if they had made the unlocks acount wide instead of just for the character

I think the prices are perfectly fine the way they are to be completely honest.

It's a guildbank, meaning it's a combined effort of the whole guild... Not 1 person. If overtime everyone chips in a bit and say the rare materials you obtain from the raids go towards guild-funds for a little extra, you'll have all the tabs you desire in no time. If this is too much effort, then realise it's a luxery, it's in no way a must to use the guildbank at all or use it for certain purposes only. Clean up the tabs on a regular basis and make sure people know who can make what.

I think all those luxeries such as legacy perks and indeed guildbanks are the best moneysinks. Better than putting it in places it heavily affects the gameplay.

In BW's defense, I guess this is how they get you to pick & choose what perks you want your character to focus on.

No, this is how they get people to use cartel coins to buy inventory and bank tabs and alot of other unlocks.

Edited by trueKieran

A single player can make close to 4-5 million credits if they do all of the games dailies every day of the week for one week on just one character.

If you organize an event for fundraising by doing dailies and ask that people deposit a meager 200-300,000 credits per character that runs the dailies for just one week, then you can earn money incredibly quickly depending on how many active members you have in your guild and how many are willing to participate.

In my guild, we recently did the same thing. Our guild isn't very big but we just bought our 4th guild bank tab simply because one, two or three people a week would donate 100k from their dailies. We had enough credits in no time.

Edited by Soul_of_Flames

On the other hand, what is the purpose for making the tabs so expensive? Is something gained by making the Guild Bank Tabs inaccessable to everyone?

I think there really is no reason to price them so high. Just make a token amount, like 500k per tab. Seriously, who would be hurt by every guild having all the tabs open? No one.

Now, if you *must* make some sense of accomplishment, just make the last tab hard to get. In WoW, the first 7 tabs are relatively cheap and just require a bit of gold, but the 8th tab requires a significant guild achievement to unlock it.

Edited by Glowrod

It's to provide something for guilds to do and work towards besides their normal guild activities. I 100% support the current prices and do not wish them to be changed.

Based on my own personal experiences, I feel you are not 100% correct. I don't think that most people care about the guild bank. I'm in several different guilds and I have yet to visit a single one of their guild banks. Also, my experience with running guilds in the past (this game and others) is that most of the stuff in there collects dust and eventually ends up being vendored to make room for more junk that never gets touched.

Guild Banks are mostly for the GuildMaster and the officers. As such, hardly anyone will bother with putting any effort to open the tabs. There is none of this guild unification to try to open the tabs because most people don't give a rip.

My guess is that the OP for this suggestion is a GuildMaster and that's why it's an issue to him. No one else would care.

Edited by Glowrod

• 1 month later...
I am one of the leaders of our guild and part of my responsibility of helping to manage the guild on a day-to-day basis is also the operation and upkeep of the guild bank. Now, I don't know what the "average" guild size would be, but I'd imagine the number would vary between server to server. With the addition of the GB (Guild Bank) we've made it a heck of a lot easier for our members to bring alts through the leveling system and others to more easily progress through their crew skills by using the crafting materials we have saved up.

The issue, is at what cost. Granted, our guild has hundreds of players and mustering up the credits by asking for donations could be done. However, we're at a point where the bank tabs are just too much for our community to afford. People are burned out on dailys, but do them to get the credits they need for Operations, crafting, stims. ..what have you. There isn't much to spare from our member base to give to the bank, and even after those who do, we are nowhere near our mark for purchasing another new tab.

To be clear, we are not talking the 7th tab here, our guild is working on the 4th tab and our GB is overflowing with items at the moment, so we need to expand. I think the inflated price for the tabs kicks in with the 4th, actually. For those unaware, here's the breakdown:

• Guild Bank - 600K
  • 2nd Tab - 1Mil (40% inflation)
  • 3rd Tab - 2Mil (50% inflation)
  • 4th Tab - 3.5Mil (46% inflation)
  • 5th Tab - 7Mil (50% inflation)
  • 6th Tab - 15Mil (54% inflation)
  • 7th Tab - 30Mil (50% inflation)
  • TOTAL COST - 59.1Mil

Wow. So how much work does a guild have to do actually to unlock the entire GB? As of 1.2, Empire players can generate 229,773 credits and Republic 217,930 per day by completing all daily quests. (Minus additional expenses.) So that means you would need to run daiies for 257 days as Empire or 271 days as Republic to have a GB and all seven tabs.

My feeling is that this pricing value is fair in Bioware's mind, as it IS a credit sink (GB isn't mandatory for game progression) and it coincides with the pricing of other things like this, such as the legacy perks. Weighing the price at these levels ensures that roughly 10-20 people will be involved in progressing the bank for every ones use. . .I think this is the wrong state of mind and approach at utilizing this tool.

Instead, I would encourage Bioware to view the GB as another social/community tool. The direct benefits from having a GB with more affordable tabs will encourage more guild growth and also have a better output on the server economy, as players won't have to "break the bank" (no pun intended) to go out and get those more expensive mats to craft their heart away.

TL;DR: Guild Bank tabs are too expensive after you progress past the first three tabs. The cost for the guild does not justify the use, and the prices need to be brought down. Additionally, the base price should be lowered slightly as well. It doesn't have to be at a level where EVERYONE has the ability to easily get all seven tabs, but a slight decrease like we saw with 1.3 & the removal of mods from items. Here's what I would like to see:

• Guild Bank - 500K (17% reduction)
  • 2nd Tab - 1Mil (same)
  • 3rd Tab - 1.8Mil (10% reduction)
  • 4th Tab - 3Mil (14% reduction)
  • 5th Tab - 5.5Mil (19% reduction)
  • 6th Tab - 11Mil (27% reduction)
  • 7th Tab - 20Mil (33% reduction)
  • TOTAL COST - 42.8Mil (28% overall price reduction)

This estimate keeps the price range relatively high as you progress tab by tab, but also gives the players a bigger price reduction as they purchase more tabs. The only other system that I could think of would be to have the price reduction values based off of how many members you have in your guild. But if course this leaves plenty of room for people to cheat the system if not properly policed, so this was my best approach.

If you agree or have any comments with the info above, please please PLEASE reply and chime in with your thoughts. I would really like to see this change put in, I know it would make our guild very happy. Thanks for your time!

When did they add a 8th tab for 60 million?:eek:

• 2 months later...