Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Item Prefixes and what they mean ... a short list

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Crew Skills
Item Prefixes and what they mean ... a short list

finelinebob
08.23.2012 , 11:02 AM | #1
Yes, this is a copy of information elsewhere but I've seen a few people asking about this info, so I just wanted to post it quickly here. Stuff you may want to bookmark include the Guide to Reverse Engineering and this handy graphic of Artifact prefixes.

Equipable gear follows the Prefix path for reverse engineering. This includes helmets, chest, legs, bracers, gloves, belts, boots, weapons, foci, shields, generators, implants and earpieces. It also only applies to non-Custom (not orange) items you can craft.

Base schematics will RE to Tier 1 schematics. They have one of the following prefixes added to their name with the associated stat added to the items as well:
Critical adds crit.
Overkill adds power.
Redoubt adds defense.

Tier 1 schematics will RE to Tier 2 schematics. They have one of the following prefixes added to their name with the associated stat added to the items as well:
For Critical schematics:
Fervor adds accuracy
Supremacy adds alacrity
Leadership adds presence
Endowment adds surge
Tempest adds shield

For Overkill schematics:
Hawkeye adds accuracy
Vehemence adds alacrity
Commander adds presence
Expert adds surge
Rampart adds shield

For Redoubt schematics:
Exactitude adds accuracy
General adds presence
Anti-Armor adds surge
Veracity adds shield
(note that there is no alacrity version for redoubt ... and why would tank gear need it, if you are wondering about it?) I'd also like to point out that while this progression works reliably for items that start off as Premium (Green) schematics you get from your Crew Skills trainer, the Prototype (Blue) base schematics tend to be a bit buggy, particularly for schematics you get from mission rewards or the GTN (other people's mission rewards).

So, for example, if you wanted the Expert Nano-Optic Might Package, you need to start with the Nano-Optic Might Package, RE that to the Overkill Nano-Optic Might Package, and then finally RE that to the Expert Nano-Optic Might Package.

Pardon me now, need to go to the Suggestion Box and let BW know that when you get a Private Message you should be able to reply to the person who sent it even if they have Private Messages turned off for themselves....
Jedi Guardian JonBonJovi'wan
"Wanted: Dead or Alive"
Defenders of Monkeys - Prophecy of the Five
DatacronHunter's Video Guides to Datacrons | Datacron Spreadsheet