Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer
×

TORParse.com


Fornix's Avatar


Fornix
01.16.2013 , 09:25 AM | #31
Quote: Originally Posted by portichae View Post
lyynk, will there be any future consideration for a live parser that connects to the web database?

Torparse is my crack.
Am wondering the same. If I recall right you mentioned working on a desktop parser in your previous TORParse.com thread, roughly half a year ago. Is it still being worked on?
Member of <Helix>

Lyynk's Avatar


Lyynk
01.16.2013 , 09:46 AM | #32
Thank you for the compliments guys

Yes there will be a live parser. It is a huge project I'm working on right now and have been posting updates to the site blog every few weeks on the progress of it. Click here for the site blog. If you look through the posts there, you will find a few labeled "Desktop/Torparse Application Update" where you can see screenshots and get info on the project.

I can't give any sort of time frame for when it will be done... it greatly depends on how much free time I get to devote to the project from other real life obligations, but it is coming along quite nicely.

portichae's Avatar


portichae
01.16.2013 , 05:13 PM | #33
Quote: Originally Posted by Lyynk View Post
Thank you for the compliments guys

Yes there will be a live parser. It is a huge project I'm working on right now and have been posting updates to the site blog every few weeks on the progress of it. Click here for the site blog. If you look through the posts there, you will find a few labeled "Desktop/Torparse Application Update" where you can see screenshots and get info on the project.

I can't give any sort of time frame for when it will be done... it greatly depends on how much free time I get to devote to the project from other real life obligations, but it is coming along quite nicely.
Is there a way we can contribute to expedite the process?
PvP Gear progression degrades competition.

Holinyx's Avatar


Holinyx
01.16.2013 , 09:00 PM | #34
just found out about this Torparse thing. I've signed up but i don't see where any kind of Desktop Application can be downloaded. how do i start it up? do i have to press anything to start it? i don't see combat logs anywhere in any of my Swtor files.

as someone who has no knowledge to what parsing is, how will you make your website noob friendly? should i just google it instead? yeah i guess i'll do that. lol. i know it tracks dps, but other than that, /shrug.
Not all Bounty Hunters die screaming like a 4 yr old girl.

Lyynk's Avatar


Lyynk
01.16.2013 , 09:15 PM | #35
Quote: Originally Posted by portichae View Post
Is there a way we can contribute to expedite the process?
Not really. Donations help to keep the project going, but they won't really expedite the process unfortunately.

Lyynk's Avatar


Lyynk
01.16.2013 , 09:17 PM | #36
Quote: Originally Posted by Holinyx View Post
just found out about this Torparse thing. I've signed up but i don't see where any kind of Desktop Application can be downloaded. how do i start it up? do i have to press anything to start it? i don't see combat logs anywhere in any of my Swtor files.

as someone who has no knowledge to what parsing is, how will you make your website noob friendly? should i just google it instead? yeah i guess i'll do that. lol. i know it tracks dps, but other than that, /shrug.
There is nothing to download at this time. In the future, there will be. The website provides you the ability to look at your combat log after the fact. First, you need to make sure you have combat logging turned on in the game under the Preferences menu. Then, go to http://www.torparse.com/upload and upload that combat log. Combat logs are located in "My Documents/Star Wars - The Old Republic/CombatLogs".

Lyynk's Avatar


Lyynk
02.10.2013 , 06:44 AM | #37
I updated the fight detection system today and completely rewrote vanish and in-combat revive detection. If you are a class that can vanish from combat, you should notice your fights are parsed together a bit more smoothly now. And in-combat revive should be recognized better than before. Thanks!

Mookind's Avatar


Mookind
02.10.2013 , 06:44 PM | #38
Love what you did with the site

As a healer it is awesome to see some real numbers instead of the crap some other parsers give. Actual HPS and the %for tanks are really useful tool for stepping your game up.

Is there any chance of WZ's being added? I'm not so much interested in the rankings (although the leaderboards are *********** awesome for PVE). I would just like a tool that doesn't clock overheal and takes into consideration out of combat time in my HPS.

Either way thanks for all your hard work!

Lyynk's Avatar


Lyynk
02.11.2013 , 04:39 PM | #39
Quote: Originally Posted by Mookind View Post
Love what you did with the site

As a healer it is awesome to see some real numbers instead of the crap some other parsers give. Actual HPS and the %for tanks are really useful tool for stepping your game up.

Is there any chance of WZ's being added? I'm not so much interested in the rankings (although the leaderboards are *********** awesome for PVE). I would just like a tool that doesn't clock overheal and takes into consideration out of combat time in my HPS.

Either way thanks for all your hard work!
Thanks

As for adding Warzones to the rankings, there is nothing in the works for that to happen. I really haven't even looked to see if it is something viable. PvE Statistics work because you can tell what instance people are running and what boss they're killing just by parsing the numbers in the combat log (read: no manual work required). I'm not sure the same is possible for PvP, although I could be mistaken. It is an interesting idea and I'll jot it down to give it a good look at sometime in the future.

Lyynk's Avatar


Lyynk
03.30.2013 , 12:52 PM | #40
Hey everyone, I'm migrating servers today. The website may be unavailable for an extended amount of time. Apologies for the inconvenience.