Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Cash Shop Purchases: Account Wide or Single Character only?

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion
Cash Shop Purchases: Account Wide or Single Character only?
First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

ZakMan
08.23.2012 , 05:59 AM | #1
Any Devs patrolling the forums care to answer this?

Or do any forum posters know the answer with evidence to back it up?

Drudenfusz
08.23.2012 , 06:04 AM | #2
I guess they don't know that already. But I sure hope they will ask for our feedback about such things in the future (and not ignore us like they do most of the time, which is part of why the game is in such a bad shape, they didn't even listened to their beta testers that much, still wonder why they bothered at all with a beta).
My Old Republic Warring is Magic
Gwenya - The Drudenfusz Legacy, Jedi Shadow on Jar'Kai Sword
When you play the game of PvP, you win or you die.
English version <- SWTOR Wiki -> German version

liammozz
08.23.2012 , 06:08 AM | #3
lets say its a speeder for 5

main and 7 alts all get it that 5 for ea

main and 7 alt all have to buy it that 40 for ea

if there happy to say there willing to charge you 1 a reload on a different game which one do you think there going to choose

but saying that the sparkle pony from WoW was across servers so was the pets so you never know

Iggster
08.23.2012 , 06:33 AM | #4
Pretend you are EA.

Which option makes you more money?

There's your answer.

ZakMan
08.23.2012 , 06:35 AM | #5
Quote: Originally Posted by Iggster View Post
Pretend you are EA.

Which option makes you more money?

There's your answer.
Going by that logic, why don't I just charge people 10$ for access to every 10 levels in the game instead of giving them the first 50 levels for free

Iggster
08.23.2012 , 06:38 AM | #6
Quote: Originally Posted by ZakMan View Post
Going by that logic, why don't I just charge people 10$ for access to every 10 levels in the game instead of giving them the first 50 levels for free

Because then they wouldn't attract the casual crowd with full access to the story and lure them to buy cash shop features such as warzones.

So by not charging for every 10 levels they will attract more players potentially bringing more money.

Thundergulch
08.23.2012 , 06:41 AM | #7
I'm sure there will be both types.
Items for only that character, and items only for that legacy.
They could sell a speeder for $5 and make it legacy-wide,but nothing is stopping them from pumping out a different colored speeder for another $5.
Or a double XP buff that lasts for 2 hours,but is only for the character that buys it.
etc...

ZakMan
08.23.2012 , 06:43 AM | #8
Quote: Originally Posted by Iggster View Post
Because then they wouldn't attract the casual crowd with full access to the story and lure them to buy cash shop features such as warzones.

So by not charging for every 10 levels they will attract more players potentially bringing more money.
Exactly, you have to draw people in and make it seem like a good deal in order to potentially make more money, by giving a legacy-wide speeder for only 5$, they could potentially see more sales of it then if it was 5$ per character.

Iggster
08.23.2012 , 06:50 AM | #9
Quote: Originally Posted by ZakMan View Post
Exactly, you have to draw people in and make it seem like a good deal in order to potentially make more money, by giving a legacy-wide speeder for only 5$, they could potentially see more sales of it then if it was 5$ per character.
I would like to see legacy wide stuff but I won't hold my breath. They may start the shop out as single character content then change it legacy wide if sales are low. Or vice versa if sales are high.

I hate to bash EA all the time but we all know what they are like. In EA's eyes if I buy a legacy wide bit of content it's one sale. If I buy content for my main then alt it's two sales. EA and investors are happier with the latter.

Styxx
08.23.2012 , 07:01 AM | #10
If I am to judge from the "Legacy 1.3 boosts", it`s character specific. So, chances are high to need to buy the "boosts" for each.

The gear, I guess will have the same treatment - open your eyes and see if it says bind on legacy or bind on equip or pickup.

Then again, I`m shooting in the dark here, banking on EA`s greed. I wouldn`t put it past them, seeing how they are trying to force subs by limiting access to what we already own.
Quote: Originally Posted by John Riccitiello View Post
When you are six hours into playing Battlefield and you run out of ammo in your clip, and we ask you for a dollar to reload, you're really not very price sensitive at that point in time...We're not gouging, but we're charging.