Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Advanced Prototype Pvp

DarthRondo
12.19.2011 , 10:44 AM | #1
I have made 2 different builds that I plan on testing and wanted the opinion of others on the forum.

8/31/2
http://db.darthhater.com/skill_calc/...fe2fe2de2fef16

19/22/0 Hybrid
http://db.darthhater.com/skill_calc/...6fe3f4ecfe2f18

borkbork
12.19.2011 , 11:52 AM | #2
I am considering a similar build as hybrid. However I think I'll go deeper into ST for jet charge and speed boost. Hit man might be to good to pass, retractable blade (no extra bleed), passive speed and heat vent. I also prefer the damage debuff off ST instead of railgun. Matter of prefs really hope your build works as planned.

DarthRondo
12.19.2011 , 12:07 PM | #3
I did consider Jet charge as well, but I decided not to for a few reasons:

Pneumatic Boots
Increases movement speed by [7.5 / 15]% while High Energy Gas Cylinder is active.

Advanced Tools
Reduces the cooldown of Flame Thrower by [1.5 seconds / 3 seconds] and Grapple by [5 seconds / 10 seconds].

Hydraulic Overrides
Instant
Grants 8 seconds of immunity from movement-impairing effects, knockdowns and physics and increases movement speed by 30%.

No Escape
Grapple has a [50 / 100]% chance to immobilize the target for 3 seconds. In addition, your Stealth Scan has a [50 / 100]% chance to immobilize the targets it reveals for 3 seconds.

I know a lot of people are saying PT's are having trouble closing the gap but with those talents and using your cooldowns/stun/grapple at appropriate times I don't foresee it being too much of an issue.

borkbork
12.20.2011 , 07:51 AM | #4
Being able to JC out of focus fire put it on top of My wish list.

Guurzak
12.20.2011 , 08:17 AM | #5
If you're planning to run with the High Energy Gas cylinder active, your shield-based talents (Shield Vents, Flame Shield) will lose most of their value.

borkbork
12.20.2011 , 08:38 AM | #6
Quote: Originally Posted by Guurzak View Post
If you're planning to run with the High Energy Gas cylinder active, your shield-based talents (Shield Vents, Flame Shield) will lose most of their value.
True any idea on how much shield % you can get from gear if any?

Teacosy
12.20.2011 , 08:59 AM | #7
5% from your generator.

borkbork
12.20.2011 , 03:02 PM | #8
That's it nothing from armour, pots or mods?

splooshIRL
12.20.2011 , 03:09 PM | #9
i just dont see pvp working without the jet charge

the ion aura is amazing stop trying to do other things and admit you are pigeon holed into full tank tree

----

rather than moving 30% faster, make the enemy move 50% slower

15 sec leap
15 sec heat dump with heat blast
massive avoidance

going for something like this ....

http://db.darthhater.com/skill_calc/...e7fef12ef4ef16

i have tweaked it a bit since i'm actually playing a BH rather than theory crafting
My got jets.
\o\ |o| /o/

DinesenDK
12.20.2011 , 03:43 PM | #10
[QUOTE=splooshIRL;570322]i just dont see pvp working without the jet charge
url]

I cant see it working with Heat Cylinder, the Ion Cylinder is so much better 3% more dmg, then HGC,Guard and 60% armor or damage reduction - or am i missing something??
Tomb of Freedon Nadd - Fauhn lvl 55 Warrior - Juggernaut.