Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Taris broke my game

First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

xxthecrowingxx
12.19.2011 , 10:43 AM | #1
I would submit this ticket in game but i cant log in long enough to play. You see i can log into my other characters that are low level ok but once i got to the crater supply camp on Taris and went inside to finish the taris questline the games FPS dropped to nothing. It stuttered really hard and i had to alt f4 out. I tried again and i logged in to the same kind of thing, i only get a split second every so often where i can move. I went into the launcher and repaired my game to no avail. Same problem, anyone else have this issue and know how to resolve it or can customer service help me out?

Gafleorio
12.19.2011 , 10:45 AM | #2
It's a known problem that Taris causes Memory leaks, Offical poste about it posted here http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?t=50413
Member of
E X I L E S
EU Sith Moderate Guild

Website | Facebook

bbenhell
12.19.2011 , 10:45 AM | #3
There is a sticky about this - but if your expecting to get moved quickly dont hold your breath. I am still waiting

Anthriel
12.19.2011 , 10:46 AM | #4
Read the stickies. Lots of other people having this problem. There is a temporary workaround that seems to work for some people, but the tech guys are working on fixing it.

xxthecrowingxx
12.19.2011 , 10:49 AM | #5
oh man, oops. Did not notice the sticky when i glazed over it. My fault b ut thank you for responding so quickly guys. I cant even play long enough to get to my UI features in my options, my character is essentially stuck until patch time eh?

bbenhell
12.19.2011 , 10:52 AM | #6
You can submit an email with the key phrase "stuck in Taris" (there is a link in that sticky) and the say they will move your character - no idea how long its going to take though

xxthecrowingxx
12.19.2011 , 10:58 AM | #7
Hope the issue is resolved soon, want to be one of the first few to hit 50 :P

Jeffrry
12.19.2011 , 11:13 AM | #8
I feel you man, I've been stuck on Taris for 4 hours now, everytime I try to log in with the char stuck there, the game freezes at cca 40-50% loading and then crashes (or when I get lucky it succesfully finishes loading only to crash like 5 secs after). But the worst part is this: after logging back in, the game puts me at the end of the queue (which is now 1000 pls for me), seriously BioWare, no "reserved slots" for people who get disconnect or game crash?

New characters work fine. I even set all graphic settings to "low" or "off", closed every other program running and with new char disabled all the map interface options to no avail. I've got ticket "Stuck in Taris, for the love of God move me out of there" pending, but I have this feeling it won't be addressed anytime soon...

KremlinKOA
12.19.2011 , 11:16 AM | #9
Quote: Originally Posted by bbenhell View Post
You can submit an email with the key phrase "stuck in Taris" (there is a link in that sticky) and the say they will move your character - no idea how long its going to take though
Tired that, CS rep told me in game (on my alt) that the move character function is non functional atm.
21st of July 2011: the day Bioware earned my enmity
1st of March 2012: The day they atoned, and won back my good graces.

Wormsloe
12.19.2011 , 11:16 AM | #10
In the same boat. This was a known issue all through beta...really BW??