Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

When is someone going to ask the number 1 questions pvpers want to know?

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > PvP
When is someone going to ask the number 1 questions pvpers want to know?
First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

08.27.2012 , 05:05 PM | #51
Quote: Originally Posted by Deewe View Post
Sorry OP fail post. It's missing the #1 question:

......World PvP when?
It was never removed.

Fail question.

08.27.2012 , 05:10 PM | #52
Did he just say the PVP game will NOT be neglected in the same post he said something that was promised in 1.1 (solo que for ranked) isn't going to be coming in 1.4?

Did he just say that 8 people pre-mades vs. 8 PUGs would be a problem in a game where 2 four man pre-mades vs. 8 PUGs is already the norm?

I honestly don't get it.

08.27.2012 , 05:38 PM | #53
Quote: Originally Posted by Pistols View Post
It was never removed.

Fail question.
Never said it was removed.

Better luck next time.
[HOW_TO] Mouse look toogle

08.27.2012 , 06:43 PM | #54
Quote: Originally Posted by HKtheindomitable View Post
Statement: I like how you're asking for this. Because it's ALMOST silly. Vanguard DPS isn't all that powerful anymore. We got our nerf. Powertechs on the other hand... are still really powerful.
Ahahah, hilarious really, both are OP and BOTH need a nerf + sentinels/marauders.
I saw a dark explosion. I sensed a power within. I felt the urge, the rage, the power... I AM REBORN!!

08.27.2012 , 07:37 PM | #55
Quote: Originally Posted by Andryah View Post
World PvP that gives rewards other then the pleasure of the PvP, is still faux PvP as far as I am concerned.

If I have to hand out chicklets to get you to do open world PvP.... something is broken.... the player base.
Warhammer which was open PVP was pretty impressive however flawed. The major flaw was EA and the current lead developer that is now running the direction of this game. Just as many people flocked to Warhammer as they did TOR. Warhammer had a very interesting dynamic and overall cool feel to pvp. Keep battles, seiges, city warfare were pretty incredible but never worked due to EA rushing the game just like they did this one. Overall you can have a sandbox and a themepark too. The balance was already there until they killed healing and made overall horrible changes in 1.2 Anyway this game could of been incredible if they gave some reason not to sit on fleet and wait for the same WZ's to pop
Saltydogg the real mmo dog

08.27.2012 , 07:47 PM | #56
Can't really blame the publisher for bad games (which this is not), unless they came up with a ridiculous concept and forced a developer studio to make it. It would like blaming a publisher for a bad book. The publisher doesn't really tell them how to make it. They just tell them what is and isn't acceptable.

If the publisher sets a release date and then misses it, its a big no-no because of advertising commitments etc. They would also have to relaunch the ads with a new release date etc and many "guaranteed" sales could potentially be lost in the shuffle with this type of release date confusion. Missed sales + extra ad costs = bad

Its standard practice (when necessary) to ship any game on a PC platform knowing fully well the customers will require a download/update to play. This even happens sometimes with console games, which is worse. The "release version" dev cycle could end a good month before the game releases, at which point they are already working on the DL-able patch before the game is even being manufactured.

The greatness or failure of this game is sqare in the hands of BW. EA calls the shots as far as major changes like F2P and asking for new content...but BW are the creative artists who make the game. EA are the office guys who stack the chips and advertise.
Bloodloss Mercenary

08.27.2012 , 07:55 PM | #57
Quote: Originally Posted by AllisonBerryman View Post
Hey everyone! I don't have answers to all the questions in the OP and throughout the thread, but I'll keep them coming as I'm able to. Here are a couple I got answers for after talking to Rob Hinkle (Senior PvP Designer).

Ancient Hypergates will be available in the Ranked Warzones queue as soon as it's in-game; no wait for it to get added.

Regarding queuing as an 8-player team for non-ranked Warzones: We won't say "never," but we don't have plans for this right now. We want to try to keep the regular Warzones competitive in their own right, and allowing full pre-mades to potentially match with a full PUG could be problematic. We'd want to avoid situations like that.

For Ranked Warzones and queuing with less than 8 players: This is something we have plans for, but we haven't announced a timeframe for it (it won't be available in 1.4).

About Season 1: Right now, we have a little more work that needs to be done overall before we're ready to officially kick it off, and I can tell you that it won't be launched as part of 1.4. We'll keep you updated! The PvP game won't be neglected - we do have Ancient Hypergates on the way as well as new PvP gear, and we have a lot more in store for you!
Thx for some of the answers Allison.

However, any info about choosing the warzone? Or, at least the reason behind not letting people do this? I mean normal warzones. I don't mind this in rateds, but it sucks when you can't play Huttball when you really want to!

- 4 people enough to ruin balance in a specific warzone? People can still queue and get a warzone they 'tried' to get by luck, or leaving unwanted warzones. So I don't think this should be a problem. Even then, how about the Solo Queue? Maybe the same sort of system could be implemented into Warzone queus that the LFG tool already has. That is, let people choose the warzone they want, mark their role (DPS/Heal/Tank), and let the system make balanced teams (Like 2 tanks, 2 heales, and 4 DPS).

08.27.2012 , 07:58 PM | #58
Quote: Originally Posted by Deewe View Post
Never said it was removed.

Better luck next time.
You asked "when", implying it was removed.

Remedial English ftw!

08.27.2012 , 08:00 PM | #59
My questions would have been;

When are cross server warzones being implemented ?, and

When will we be able to switch between Builds ?

Good luck all.

08.27.2012 , 08:02 PM | #60
Quote: Originally Posted by criminalheretic View Post
Yeah me and my guildies managed to get both our 4 man teams into the same non-ranked WZ while we were waiting for ranked to pop. We briefly considered /gquiting at the beginning of the match just to lessen the outrage of the poor team that went against us. It was bad. And I genuinely felt bad for our opponents. Crushing pugs is not a recipe for long term WZ population.
Very true. I have a strong inclination that those who don't see why premades trouncing pug's as a long term issue, are generally ones that don't pug themselves. It's good to see some people recognizing this problem. I premade as well as pug often. It's not fun for either side.

Running in a premade, I don't find much fun in steam rolling the other team because they are obviously not as coordinated. Or often, not as geared. Being on the other side of this in a PUG, it is excrutiating to watch sometimes. You have these recruits, casuals, or just folks trying to gear getting destroyed. They aren't having fun. They aren't happy. And I know alot who have given up on pvp and even the game. Something so completely lopsided should not be like this.

It's not the fault of the players wanting to play with friends. However, it is BW's fault for not approaching this problem sooner. I understand that this could only be resolved if cross server is implemented. But this change is a long time coming.