Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

When is someone going to ask the number 1 questions pvpers want to know?

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > PvP
When is someone going to ask the number 1 questions pvpers want to know?
First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

Pistols
08.22.2012 , 11:11 AM | #31
Quote: Originally Posted by TUXs View Post
Maybe you're right about WPvP being dead...I just held out hope I guess.
Tux it's not that World PvP doesn't take skill, cause there is nothing better than a smaller force beating down a larger force, but in THIS game...numbers matter. This isn't SWG where World skill can actually win a fight. In TOR, it's a total mindless melee zerg, with even worse FPS lol. And yes, it's very sad and frustrating, which is why I despise EA/Mythic because they're god awful at understanding this. Maybe they will surpirse me and come out with something, but ask yourself, 8 months into the game....1 million peeps unsubbed...what are the odds?

I'm with ya on everything, just think it's too much for this team to do.

islander
08.22.2012 , 11:17 AM | #32
Quote: Originally Posted by cashogy View Post
this is actually true. which is incredibly sad.

bioware bought the hero engine in an unfinished state, and told its creators "dont worry, we have coders that can finish it just fine". the rest is history

i think we pretty much feel the same way; the game is still enjoyable to play but there are so many obnoxiously obvious thing that should have/need to be changed/fixed and will never happen.
Ding ding ding!

I'll probably always 'come back' on occasion when I'm in between games. I still enjoy this more then the previous default MMO (WoW). The disappointment of what this game easily could have been - with some smarter decisions and more thorough testing - is just epic.

It's not like we all are cheering its failure. The fact I bought GW2 (having no interest to ever play GW1) is solely an indication of the state of this game, and nothing else. I'm sure over time GW2 will have its issues. The question/test will be how well they deal with them.

I hope this game turns around in the coming months, but I'm not holding my breath. Oddsmakers put the odds pretty high
Gėllies Erimosi, Imperial Deadeye
<Hex> Prophecy of the Five

Icestar
08.22.2012 , 11:51 AM | #33
Quote: Originally Posted by troyh View Post
Side Question: As it stands ranked pvp queues are lacking on most servers which is making the grind for warhero take forever. Will there be any plans of lowering the cost to gear up now that ranked has been a failure?
Your original questions I have zero interest in however your side question is of value.

Anything that helps/removes this insane grind to be able to have fun in PvP, and actually get more people to play is of interest.

I can even add one question : Will there ever be a warzone where gear does not matter, where we can play with pure skill on even grounds?

Letallis
08.22.2012 , 11:54 AM | #34
So people whined enough they are now nerfing PT's?
Mal: That's the buffet table.
Kaylee: Well, how can we be sure, u-unless we question it?

Anishor
08.22.2012 , 11:55 AM | #35
Quote: Originally Posted by Pistols View Post
Tux it's not that World PvP doesn't take skill, cause there is nothing better than a smaller force beating down a larger force, but in THIS game...numbers matter. This isn't SWG where World skill can actually win a fight. In TOR, it's a total mindless melee zerg, with even worse FPS lol. And yes, it's very sad and frustrating, which is why I despise EA/Mythic because they're god awful at understanding this. Maybe they will surpirse me and come out with something, but ask yourself, 8 months into the game....1 million peeps unsubbed...what are the odds?

I'm with ya on everything, just think it's too much for this team to do.
Agreed. How I miss fighting with FIXER against outrageous numbers of AI.
Nightlife, Ebon Hawk Server

Sranishor, Warden
( Jugg/Guard ) ( Mara/Sent )
"For the best party you've ever had.."

Sungas
08.22.2012 , 12:13 PM | #36
Whenever someone lumps assault vanguard with pyro BH, I immediately discount anything further they have to say.

Apple's and oranges.

DCVAN
08.22.2012 , 12:49 PM | #37
Quote: Originally Posted by Sungas View Post
Whenever someone lumps assault vanguard with pyro BH, I immediately discount anything further they have to say.

Apple's and oranges.
How about red apples and green apples?

Jayshames
08.22.2012 , 12:50 PM | #38
I think you missed the question "when are you going to scrap the current PvP and start again and make it decent?"

VoidJustice
08.22.2012 , 12:56 PM | #39
World Pvp should give credits based on the skill "rated" level of your kill and their gear. Those credits can be split evenly by anyone that does damage in the fight.

That's a nice little reward that should break anything.
Understanding is the true weapon of a Jedi and willpower is the iron clad arm that wields it.

DarthOvertone
08.22.2012 , 01:00 PM | #40
Quote: Originally Posted by troyh View Post
Will there be cross server queueing in 1.4 for rated warzones?
Will there be single player or non 8man queuing for ranked warzones in 1.4?
Will 1.4 kick off Season 1 of ranked warzones?
Will we ever be able to queue with more then 4 into a regular warzone and when?
Will the new warzone, whenever it arrives, be rotated into the ranked warzone queues?
When will be able to queue for the warzones we want? (kinda like the lfg feature)
I have read just about every bit of information I can about upcoming content and changes, especially for PvP. Here are the answers to your questions as far as I'm aware:

1. BW mentioned there weould be XServer in 1.4, but now have retracted that. Atm, there will be no XServer in 1.4.
2. The last bit of info I saw said there will be single-player queuing in RWZs. How this will be done, I have no idea.
3. Yes. Season One RWZs will commence with 1.4, even without XServer queues.
4. Ever? possibly. In 1.4, No.
5. I don't see why the new WZ wouldn't be in the standard WZ queue rotation. BW hasn't specifically said anything about this, but I don't see why one would assume differently given how Novarre Coast was implemented when it was introduced.
6. BW has mentioned possibly implementing a WZ filter of some sort, but I haven't read anything where they stated they are working on it.

My apologies for a lack of links for source, but I've read so many interviews, Q&As, watched so many videos, etc. that I just can't pinpoint the source for some of the stuff I recall. So take my answers for a grain of salt.
Alphanoob, Alpha-zen (among others) - Garbage S1 Champion
Ebon Hawk | Harbinger
SWTOR 4.3: It was good while it lasted. Thanks BW