Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

When is someone going to ask the number 1 questions pvpers want to know?

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > PvP
When is someone going to ask the number 1 questions pvpers want to know?
First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

Pistols
08.22.2012 , 10:04 AM | #11
Quote: Originally Posted by cycao View Post
if they allowed you to queue more than 4 for non-ranked I can see the flood of QQing on these forums. They already complain about premades why make it worse.
Have to agree here. I think Troy merely threw that in there, cause it mainly ties with many peeps frustration at gearing out their toons. Since Ranked PvP has nearly flat-lined on most servers, gearing an alt (or a main) is taking forever. I've seen the math in an older thread, but to gear a toon from BM to WH only through Reg WZ's is something awful.

Sadly, with the mass amount of people leaving this game, gearing toons with WH is becoming an issue, and IMO having solo peeps queue is not the answer to the problem. Ranked PvP was given for a reason, 8 man teams, not for solo peeps to abuse by farming medals at a node. However, I do agree with Troy that farming this stuff is beyond stupid now, since EA's current system is now failing as most servers don't have the PvP community to support it.

HoloTweed
08.22.2012 , 10:17 AM | #12
Quote: Originally Posted by troyh View Post
Optional: Can we have more specifics on the upcoming Vanguard/Pyrotech nerfs?
Where did you hear that there were upcoming nerfs on Vanguard/Pyrotech (outside of some player qq)?

Link please... or else its just some player grumble that doesn't need to happen.

TUXs
08.22.2012 , 10:26 AM | #13
Quote: Originally Posted by Pistols View Post
I'm sorry, what's "real PvP"?

Oh, you mean the lag based zerg fest? Yeah, totally skill based lol.

As to your bolded, I'm just gonna sit back and laugh a little harder.
"Real PvP" is sure as hell not 4 warzones. Warzones are as linear and scripted as PvP can possibly get. As bad as Iilum was, I'd take the lag and faux sense of OWPvP it offered over the stale 4 boxes we have ANY day. AT least it allowed for SOME strategy.

We can argue over the true definition of "PvP" all day, but to me, PvP is best when it's random and unscripted. Playing the same four 10min warzones is just boring as hell these days...maybe it's not the warzone concept, maybe it's the lack of maps that truly irks me, but I just despise what PvP is currently limited to in SWTOR.
All warfare is based on deception If his forces are united, separate them If you are far from the enemy, make him believe you are near A leader leads by example not by force
My referral code: here What you get: here (1 FREE transfer 7-day FREE sub FREE Jumpstart and Preferred Bundles)

Pistols
08.22.2012 , 10:28 AM | #14
Quote: Originally Posted by HoloTweed View Post
Where did you hear that there were upcoming nerfs on Vanguard/Pyrotech (outside of some player qq)?

Link please... or else its just some player grumble that doesn't need to happen.
I don't have the link, but it was stated by one of the higher-ups that they will be tweaking them to get more into Melee range.

mothear
08.22.2012 , 10:28 AM | #15
Providing comms for open world PvP is like, welcome to the world of kill trading.

Cymate
08.22.2012 , 10:30 AM | #16
Quote: Originally Posted by HoloTweed View Post

Woot you found the bait to troll jawas.

cashogy
08.22.2012 , 10:30 AM | #17
the devs need to start moving away from warzones as the focus of PvP. 4 warzones is plenty for instanced, 8v8 "competitive" pvp. the only change id like to see to warzones is the ability to choose who you queue against. that would make competitive pvp so much better, b/c the best teams really do not like beating the snot out of all the bad teams and never getting good competition

we need class balance (NOT NERFS!), and we need world pvp

open world pvp is what keeps people playing, as good world pvp will give you something to fight for. be it something shiny, faction wide buffs, or just bragging rights, world pvp will a) keep pvpers interested and b) start to bring back some of the subs we have lost
Da'ny - Attomm - Dan'y - Fogel
The Original Stormborn Commando Representative
The King of Bads

Pistols
08.22.2012 , 10:34 AM | #18
Quote: Originally Posted by TUXs View Post
"Real PvP" is sure as hell not 4 warzones. Warzones are as linear and scripted as PvP can possibly get. As bad as Iilum was, I'd take the lag and faux sense of OWPvP it offered over the stale 4 boxes we have ANY day. AT least it allowed for SOME strategy.

We can argue over the true definition of "PvP" all day, but to me, PvP is best when it's random and unscripted. Playing the same four 10min warzones is just boring as hell these days...maybe it's not the warzone concept, maybe it's the lack of maps that truly irks me, but I just despise what PvP is currently limited to in SWTOR.
World PvP blows in this game, period. It already failed. Not sure how you guys do the WZ's on your server, but WZ's on our end isn't really scripted lol. I will agree new maps would be nice, to inject some life into the already tired WZ's. But I for one do NOT miss the lag based zerg fest TOR called World PvP. It was atrocious, took NO skill at all, and literally promoted kill trading to complete dailies, valor farming, etc. While I do enjoy World PvP, this game (and most of the player base) has shown they need to be lead around their noses by rewards to do it. None of that, screams "Real PvP" to me. Game is filled with Elite Carebears tbh.

I enjoy having random PvP when I queue up, cause I never know who I may face, I also enjoy not sitting around waiting for the Opfor to amass enough peeps to have a fight last in total 4 minutes, while getting mass pulled into enemy bases for turret kills, and having 4-5 FPS. I guess to me, it's not scripted, even in the same maps different strats are used, and in ranked it's more like Chess than anything else. I won't comment on Reg WZ's, as those are just for the lulz, but when this game can't even host World PvP, I fail to see how anyone can actually continue to ask for it. I still love you though. <3

Pistols
08.22.2012 , 10:34 AM | #19
Quote: Originally Posted by cashogy View Post
the devs need to start moving away from warzones as the focus of PvP. 4 warzones is plenty for instanced, 8v8 "competitive" pvp. the only change id like to see to warzones is the ability to choose who you queue against. that would make competitive pvp so much better, b/c the best teams really do not like beating the snot out of all the bad teams and never getting good competition

we need class balance (NOT NERFS!), and we need world pvp

open world pvp is what keeps people playing, as good world pvp will give you something to fight for. be it something shiny, faction wide buffs, or just bragging rights, world pvp will a) keep pvpers interested and b) start to bring back some of the subs we have lost
Read above reply.

Cymate
08.22.2012 , 10:44 AM | #20
#1: When will you remove expertise and replace it with PVP skill trees? (just dreamin')