Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Rolling for mods on Custom Grade Gear

Evanion
12.19.2011 , 10:37 AM | #1
Would you consider rolling need on gear that is custom grade just to extract the mods to put in another item?

1. Despite if someone else aslo needs it.
2. If no one else needs it for their character.
3. If no one else needs it for their companion.
4. If no one else wants to for the disassemble materials.
Creativity if the face of your soul!

BondalSunflier
12.19.2011 , 10:39 AM | #2
I would totally do that.

For example, on the last Athiss run, I rolled for a chest piece for my Sith Warrior which I did not want to wear because of the looks and its color pattern, but I was interested in the mods for my custom chest piece which appearance suits me as of now.

There was no other Sith Warrior in the run, but I would totally roll for it if there was. I expect others to roll for it as well.

Evanion
12.19.2011 , 11:05 AM | #3
I'm asking because we had a discussion in the guild, and they would prefer the items to be disassembled!
Creativity if the face of your soul!

Ashmadai
12.19.2011 , 11:57 AM | #4
I'm a Guardian. If a medium custom item dropped and there was a Sentinel in my group, I'd let them take it if they needed it regardless of whether the mods are good for me. I will get my own drops that are actually meant for me.

Eventually they'll probably put a "You can only need on items you can use" system in place, as well as make things tradeable to others in the FP, but until then, I'll just not ruin someone else's experience with my own greed.

It's not really relevant to me because I'll only run with my friends and guildmates, but still.

Daellia
12.20.2011 , 11:29 PM | #5
Orange items are nothing but a cosmetic wrapper. If the mods are upgrades, I have as much right to it as anyone.

For example, I (Sorcerer) rolled on and won a willpower saberstaff the other day over an assassin, because the mods were all better than my mods. He didn't have a problem with it, either.
Even Angels must kill from time to time... ~Kaedis

ViperI
12.21.2011 , 12:43 AM | #6
Need has always meant an upgrade for your character and this is just a new twist on that same theme. So yeah, I'd roll need based on the mods.
Viper 1
Frozen In Carbonite