Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Ideal Crit % for assassins?

Ch_Zero
08.21.2012 , 07:46 PM | #1
I've noticed that if i stack all power and dip to 18% crit or below my overall dmg starts to suffer.

Would it be better to swap out to 1 or 2 implants with crit and surge over power and accuracy?

I'm full Wh all power mods, surge is at 79.84% with crit implants, without them it can be around 78%.

with crit implants my crit would be over 22% without them it dips below 18%.

Has anyone calculated the perfect crit percent?

and for those of you saying i have 2 much surge, it comes with the mods. so i don't have a choice.

Meant to clarify, this is for darkness pvp specs and max dmg output.
Warzone trolls, scoreboard heroes, and ignorant believers.
these people have names.
I suppose you deserve one. Congratulations!

Xinika
08.21.2012 , 08:04 PM | #2
There is no perfect crit %. It depends on the spec and what goal you're aiming for. You need to be more specific.
Assassin Representative
Aeonneta | Shinarika | Semjase
Guides - Videos - Action
WATCHMEN

Griad
08.22.2012 , 12:35 AM | #3
I run with around 40% crit and 79% surge, have around 700 power. If you are deception specced you rely ALOT on crit
Elder Jedi - pre-cu jedi enforcer - pre-publish 9 dark jedi master.

Proud member of DILIH Red Eclipse

Asphen
08.22.2012 , 02:47 AM | #4
Quote: Originally Posted by Xinika View Post
There is no perfect crit %. It depends on the spec and what goal you're aiming for. You need to be more specific.
Exactly this.

Quote: Originally Posted by Griad View Post
I run with around 40% crit and 79% surge, have around 700 power. If you are deception specced you rely ALOT on crit
See, I always get 'this guy' and everyone of his friends are the other randoms on my team in wzs. /sigh.
Biochem - w/ grenades.

Griad
08.22.2012 , 03:31 AM | #5
Quote: Originally Posted by Asphen View Post
Exactly this.

See, I always get 'this guy' and everyone of his friends are the other randoms on my team in wzs. /sigh.
you will never see me in WZ plain and simple dont play that on my deception.
Elder Jedi - pre-cu jedi enforcer - pre-publish 9 dark jedi master.

Proud member of DILIH Red Eclipse

savagedialects
08.22.2012 , 09:57 AM | #6
Quote: Originally Posted by Griad View Post
you are both over crit cap and over surge cap.
tone that down
It is not enough for me to succeed -- others should fail

LiquidSix
08.22.2012 , 10:01 AM | #7
Quote: Originally Posted by savagedialects View Post
you are both over crit cap and over surge cap.
tone that down
If you want to be technical, he is over soft cap. If he was over the cap then the percentages he posted would be impossible. As for the soft cap, 75% is about as high as you want to go for surge and for crit it's up to the player, some players want to make sure they crit all the time and some prefer power; particularly healers.

savagedialects
08.22.2012 , 10:12 AM | #8
Quote: Originally Posted by LiquidSix View Post
If you want to be technical, he is over soft cap. If he was over the cap then the percentages he posted would be impossible. As for the soft cap, 75% is about as high as you want to go for surge and for crit it's up to the player, some players want to make sure they crit all the time and some prefer power; particularly healers.
there comes a time in every assassins life where crit plateaus out and power is better. for this fellow, that time has come.
It is not enough for me to succeed -- others should fail

Ch_Zero
08.22.2012 , 04:44 PM | #9
You guys.. this post was intended for the star wars genius who could crunch me some numbers, and tell me ok! here is the crit % you need that is ideal for maximum dmg output for Darkness assassins in pvp matches.

What I've figured out is getting rid of ALL your crit so you have 0 crit rating and just have your base and willpower is not ideal.

i had mods with just power and surge.

the surge i had no choice, you get around 78-79% anyway because you focus on power. otherwise you get accuracy boosts.

i figured out that just power was not enough for max dmg output i needed some crit, and my dmg started to decrease when i hit below 18% crit. when i got up to 20-22% it increased again at the cost of about 16 dmg each time.

16 dmg for 2% crit.

You following me? so yes there is a magical number for maximum dmg output.

And yes I'm talking to the people with over 2000 rating in pvp.

For everyone else don't give me the wishy washy answers. There is a number. HELP ME FIND IT!
Warzone trolls, scoreboard heroes, and ignorant believers.
these people have names.
I suppose you deserve one. Congratulations!

Asphen
08.23.2012 , 12:50 AM | #10
Quote: Originally Posted by Ch_Zero View Post
You guys.. this post was intended for the star wars genius who could crunch me some numbers, and tell me ok! here is the crit % you need that is ideal for maximum dmg output for Darkness assassins in pvp matches.

What I've figured out is getting rid of ALL your crit so you have 0 crit rating and just have your base and willpower is not ideal.

i had mods with just power and surge.

the surge i had no choice, you get around 78-79% anyway because you focus on power. otherwise you get accuracy boosts.

i figured out that just power was not enough for max dmg output i needed some crit, and my dmg started to decrease when i hit below 18% crit. when i got up to 20-22% it increased again at the cost of about 16 dmg each time.

16 dmg for 2% crit.

You following me? so yes there is a magical number for maximum dmg output.

And yes I'm talking to the people with over 2000 rating in pvp.

For everyone else don't give me the wishy washy answers. There is a number. HELP ME FIND IT!

Do you even lift?

The Goddess of all Shadows, white knighted by noobs everywhere, already came into your thread and TOLD YOU ***the amount of crit that you want will depend on your spec***

WHY U NO LISTEN?
Biochem - w/ grenades.