Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

SIth Warrior or Jedi Knight

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Classes
SIth Warrior or Jedi Knight

Xamufam
01.03.2012 , 01:05 PM | #11
Quote: Originally Posted by Surinen View Post
Hiyo, I would like to ask: which storyline is better:
Sith Warrior
or
Jedi Knight
and why ?
I am on chapter 3 on jedi knight have seen all the story ends have to say jedi knight has the best story of all

rangerlump
01.03.2012 , 02:42 PM | #12
From what I hear, Sith Warrior gets healing companion alot earlier.......

BenjaminChaz
11.03.2012 , 01:39 PM | #13
Sith Warrior
or
Jedi Knight
and why ?
if ur looking to kick the crap of some guys, sith is the way to do it.

Knockerz
11.03.2012 , 01:42 PM | #14
Quote: Originally Posted by rangerlump View Post
This and the fact as a sith you do what the hell you want to do. I prefer the story the sith story, but I like jk animations better. However, the sith voice is better at least if you play a female character.
Quote: Originally Posted by Tatile View Post
Less armour = moves faster = more dodging = less getting hit.
Quote: Originally Posted by Andryah View Post
Oh.. there is plenty of complaining in this thread. As well as demands, expressions of entitlement, and wild dreams.
Lovely Andryah the Forum Princess

errant_knight
11.03.2012 , 01:44 PM | #15
The stories are very different. In one, there's a constant sense of danger, especially if you play LS. In the other, the risk is mainly internal and builds more slowly as it depends on events becoming higher and higher risk. Both are Epic in their own way. I'd say do both. Oh, and consider going dps. It doesn't get enough love, but is insanely fun, especially vigilence/vengence, imo.

Re:sith voice. The male sith is one of the best acting jobs in the game, right up there with the male agent and inquisitor. Haven't played the female versions, so can't comment on those.

Larity
11.03.2012 , 09:16 PM | #16
I'd play Jedi Knight first for story because at the end of the sith warrior you get a mail SPOILING a lot for the jedi knight.

I did Jedi Knight 3 times before I did the Sith warrior one time and was like "Ha. thats funny"

BenjaminChaz
12.11.2012 , 08:18 PM | #17
Sith Warrior
or
Jedi Knight
and why ?
I'd like to say that jedi knight is better. i look at the jedi with more... noble, but sith warrior has alot of fun killing people. since ur looking for story i'd give u some hints. Jedi knight: u defeat the empiror, but alot of the time u have to do stuff like this. Cpt whtever " we made a devise that the siths captured and we need u to get it back or destroy it" Warrior u get to have fun doing whtever u want, but jedi defeats the empiror, and ur only the wrath.

Heimer
12.12.2012 , 11:28 AM | #18
I can say that without a question SW has been the best storyline for me at least.

I enjoyed the JK as well but not nearly as much as I ddi SW.

Never really liked the Smuggler that much. Trooper was ok, and I liked the SI as well.

Helig
12.12.2012 , 01:13 PM | #19
Both are good. On my first Knight, I thought story was pretty bland and straightforward, but I admit I never paid much attention to it because I rushed to endgame. On my next Knight, however, I invested some thought into the character and a healthy combination of LS and DS choices painted a nice shades of grey picture.

Same with the Warrior. Played him as a "Sith Samurai". Minimal religious fanaticism (Dark Side this, Dark Side that, rage and hate, etc, etc.), maximum efficiency and reasonable amounts of violence (show honour and respect and you live. Act like a pig and enjoy eternal peace). I also liked some of the deeper morality undertones of the SW story - Knight seems a little more black/white in this regard.

Bottomline - both are good, if you don't try to overanalyze them and just enjoy the voice acting, the cutscenes and character interaction.
Quote: Originally Posted by rangerlump View Post
Healing companions are for wusses. Went Vigilance+Kira and Carnage+Vette on my last Warrior and Knight all the way (including H2, no outlevelling).
"I'm not *giving* him cake, I'm *assaulting* him with cake!" - Pinkamena Diane Pie

ahzecklawd
05.05.2013 , 02:51 AM | #20
Well,I gotta say I preferred the SW story allot more then the JK story.

Reasons (w/o spoiling anything) :

Playing a DS JK isn't right at any point of view.The story was set to be played LS, as the DS options look lame and boring . On the other hand playing a LS SW is fun and worth trying it , even LS choices are understandable and got a huge impact on the Story,even tho I preferred DS SW story allot more ( I mean , who doesn't like striking PPL down with hes Light saber and just go away like nothing happened ) The Main reason I would've never, never play a JK is the voice (David Hayter) , I mean the voice sounds so childish , that taking a DS choice was impossible , because hes voice didn't fit hes actions , Your are in total tension, ready to kill him and then you hear *All right , It's time to Die* and its like *OH dude , why opened your mouth ? kill him all ready , and stop talking* Lol.

Well , If you only want to play the class w/o being that interested about the Story go JK (animations are by miles better then the SW's animations,and by far the best from all classes)If you like a good story , where your actions have a huge impact on the story and being feared all around the Galaxys go SW , ACT l may be boring , but its totally worth keep going , since ACT ll blows every story away (except the IA storyline)

Overall , both storys got their Ups and Downs.But SW story is more interesting (or maybe just fits myself more) then the JK.

Cheers.
The Red Eclipse

Operative l Scoundrel l Sniper l Marauder l Juggernaut l Vanguard