Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

SIth Warrior or Jedi Knight

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Classes
SIth Warrior or Jedi Knight

Surinen
12.19.2011 , 10:31 AM | #1
Hiyo, I would like to ask: which storyline is better:
Sith Warrior
or
Jedi Knight
and why ?

Ironhand_x
12.19.2011 , 12:00 PM | #2
Sith warrior.

The Jedi depicted in this game are total panzies and the dialogue options for a Jedi Knight suck. Up to lvl 10 on a Jedi Knight I ended up going dark side almost 100% because the other options were either A) Beyond stupid or B) the Light Side option looked like it should have been the dark side option.

In order to not be forced into being a complete ****** in the storyline you either have to be a dark side jedi knight, or just roll a sith warrior, where you get to choose between reasonable but still not a ***** and bat crap crazy.

Faolon
12.19.2011 , 01:02 PM | #3
Try out both and figure out what you enjoy.
I remember during the beta weekends people saying how bad the Consular story was. So I decided to try it and loved it.

They said the Smuggler story was great. Tried that, didn't like it.

You can't really go on what others are saying, to be honest.

Quote: Originally Posted by Ironhand_x View Post
Sith warrior.

The Jedi depicted in this game are total panzies and the dialogue options for a Jedi Knight suck. Up to lvl 10 on a Jedi Knight I ended up going dark side almost 100% because the other options were either A) Beyond stupid or B) the Light Side option looked like it should have been the dark side option.

In order to not be forced into being a complete ****** in the storyline you either have to be a dark side jedi knight, or just roll a sith warrior, where you get to choose between reasonable but still not a ***** and bat crap crazy.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pWdd6_ZxX8c
"I will show you things... wonderful, terrible things."

Smurfsauce
12.19.2011 , 02:36 PM | #4
Quote: Originally Posted by Ironhand_x View Post
Sith warrior.

You're telling me you've been playing this long and still don't understand how the Jedi truly roll? Not to mention you have a matter of opinion. I can sort of understand where you're coming from at least.

Alternatively, I heard the Jedi Knight story was one of the best and was not nearly as predictable as the Sith Warrior. You refer to Jedi as "panzies" which automatically holes you into a major form of opinion, rather than constructive feedback. But the Sith Warrior aren't "panzies" simply because they just barely have any moral code among each other (they're depicted very often as being "for themselves" rather than others)?

You don't even realize how much of a tool you end up being most times in the Sith Warrior storyline. So, rather than just rip apart the rest of your post, I'll instead help where I am able.
---

OP, if you prefer having a very gallant, heroic, and noble side to you, you will likely enjoy the Jedi Knight's story. At least the Light side anyway. It has that "I'm the hero" feel to it, imo. I'd be lying if I said I've gone extremely far into it, but this is just how it felt for me. Haven't seen Dark.

If you like complete anarchy and chaos, then Sith Warrior is for you. Another plus to the Sith Warrior storyline is some actual humor. Honestly, I've probably laughed the most at the things said and done in this class' adventure. Vette is also one of my favorite companions in the game. Not just because of her wit, but even her backstory is of decent quality.

As for Light and Dark, I feel as if both are capable of grabbing my attention. Many will tell you or even shun you on the Light side, but all things considered, it feels as if you're in control. Dark I will tell you is a fairly obvious and predictable path if you know Star Wars, but if it's your flavor then you'll probably still enjoy it.

Hope this much helps.

WhoDaresWins
12.19.2011 , 04:01 PM | #5
Sith Warrior conversation choices:

Do you want to talk about RAGE and DESTROY BUZZ LIGHTYEAR.

Or.

Do you want to talk about RAGE and DESTROY BUZZ LIGHTYEAR whilst acting like a total **** to whoever you're speaking with?
The Imperial Inquisition

A EU Heavy RP Imperial Guild
"Death to the Emperor's enemies"

zombieinferno
12.20.2011 , 09:19 PM | #6
I have played the opening story for all 4 Jedi and Sith options.

Personally, my least favorite was Consular just because it lacked a lot of dynamics that I enjoyed in the others. Knight by itself was *yawnable* for the most part, and I only enjoyed it for the plot-twist that was really purely put into play by MY choices... I genuinely felt like it was much less linear at the end (even though I intended on playing a fallen 'Anakin' style character from the beginning and made choices based on that in a very RP manner)

Inquisitor is freaking hilarious if you go about it as a pure sarcastic style... laughed and loved it. Warrior was alright, i definitely enjoyed the later part of the story more than the early portions.

Only class story i have been bored with so far is Trooper.
Hokey religions and ancient weapons are no match for a good blaster at your side.

Kmacc
12.20.2011 , 09:27 PM | #7
Quote: Originally Posted by WhoDaresWins View Post
Sith Warrior conversation choices:

Do you want to talk about RAGE and DESTROY BUZZ LIGHTYEAR.

Or.

Do you want to talk about RAGE and DESTROY BUZZ LIGHTYEAR whilst acting like a total **** to whoever you're speaking with?
That's not my experience at all. My SW is an affable Lawful Evil type who takes pride in his work, is a patriot to the Empire, and respects his master. On the other hand, he does not suffer fools, he understands the Empire's view on things that are used up, and as a Sith, enjoys being plenty bad when the situation calls for it.

Yes, there's a lot of talk about the Dark Side, but he's a Sith, that's to be expected.

KaiLunn
12.21.2011 , 04:09 AM | #8
Quote: Originally Posted by Surinen View Post
Hiyo, I would like to ask: which storyline is better:
Yes. No. Maybe? Honestly, I think they are both good. Each one has a different flavor.

If you like classic hero storytelling (where heroes are heroes and villains unquestionable bad), you will probably like the Light Side Jedi storyline. I haven't played any of the DS JK story, so I have no comparison.

If you like your heroes to be flawed and your morality be a touch more in the 90's anti hero vein, then Light Side Sith Warrior is your plot.

If you want to be a complete monster, kick puppies*, kill people for fun, and otherwise be a villain protagonist, Dark Side Sith Warrior should be your pick.

* - No actual puppies are kicked by the Sith Warrior.

As I happen to prefer different stories depending on my mood, I liked all of them. Your mileage may vary.

-Kai-Lunn
People, including me, will complain about anything. If BioWare sent us all $100 in thanks for playing TOR, inevitably someone would complain about how the bill was folded or if it was new enough to include the lastest anti-forgery options. That said, I prefer mine folded in half, and with all the neat bells and whistles.

xellfish
12.21.2011 , 05:06 AM | #9
Currently playing my dark side Jedi Knight as somewhat of a renegade. As in, does believe in and work for the Republic, but doesn't mind getting his hands dirty to get the job done. He's not much of a bully or a mercenary though, much to the delight of Kira. Essentially a bit like Shepard or Revan. I also enjoy teasing Satele Shan, that old stuck up bītch

Only thing that really annoys me is my master, he's incredibly bland and boring. Luckily, you don't seem to interact with him much after Level 10 and mostly do your own thing.

I think the story works rather well. Problem with the Sith Warrior storyline was for me that you come across as somewhat of an arrogant, entitled prīck. Also, the Empire is obviously pretty fascist, which makes it rather hard to actually cheer for it. Probably somewhat more bearable when you go light side as a Sith, but for the most part, as cool as it is at times, I'd just rather see it burn.

BladeStrike
12.21.2011 , 07:29 AM | #10
Both are stereotypes and go overboard. Be a nice savior or some mindless killer. Try a Dark Jedi if you want but being a Light Sith is just silly :P

One reason to choose a Jedi is to help balance the game instead of adding to the Empire problem. Yep, its a problem.