Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Do lots of players actually do space missions?

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion
Do lots of players actually do space missions?
First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

UltimateKrucible
10.28.2012 , 07:52 PM | #271
I actually quite like them - to the extent that I think they are one of the best mini-games to feature in an MMO.

They are completely different to grinding mobs for credits or gear, and the graphics are very good.

All in all, at lvl 50 - do one operation (taking about 10 mins) and you've got 16,000 credits. It all adds up if you do them then go onto do the black hole, or other dailys.
. Shine on, you crazy pixel.

Funny post! The nine circles of SW:TOR PvP hell

PsychKenn
10.28.2012 , 08:38 PM | #272
I'm gonna agree with UltimateKrucible that as far as mini games go this is the best one I've played in an MMO. These were never designed to be part of the multiplayer experience, and they are what they are. I hope that BW continues to look into an alternate multiplayer sandbox type space system that is much more dynamic, but until that is released I support them bringing out more space missions. This is especially true since many of the current missions are semi copies of each other with similar goals and layout just stronger enemies. Variety and choice is always nice! This is the same reason I support them adding new races and as many gear pieces to the Cartel Market as possible. It'll get them some monies and give the community options.

Heimskringla
10.29.2012 , 02:12 AM | #273
After being spoiled by JtL, I don't really find TOR's space minigame to be very engaging. It's pretty much a side scroller, and you have very little actual control. *pew pew* *spacebar* *pew pew*. Meh.

I'd still prefer to see more emphasis being placed on expanding class stories and worlds, unless they're going to completely revamp space.
- I spent $149.95 on a video game with no release date, and all I got was the key to the executive washroom.

spectreclees
10.29.2012 , 02:15 AM | #274
I love the space missions, they remind me of Starfox. I do wish we could have free roam space however.

michaelusaf
10.29.2012 , 02:35 AM | #275
I enjoy the space missions. It seems that the commendation reward has been lowered though, so I don't think I will spend as much time doing them. I hope they add some harder ones for comms. SM's probably account for 50% of my time playing (yes, I'm not an addict anymore like the old days, I like to log in, do some SM's and a little bit of other things for a couple hours a night).
They used to be a decent reward for time spent for space comms.

aristein
10.29.2012 , 02:56 AM | #276
I think space missions add a lot to the immersion of the game, just as ships do. The missions are fun enough to enjoy doing, and rewarding enough to keep doing. They are not hard (can't believe people who think any of them are hard), but you have to pay attention even if you have done them a lot. My biggest complaint about space missions is that they have no variations. The exact same ships, in the exact same numbers, come out at the exact same time as always, from the exact same directions. It gets old after doing it alot because I know every single thing that is going to happen. Still a nice break from questing now and then though. I don't have a guild, or any real life friends playing swtor, so I haven't gotten into pvp, flashpoints, or operations yet. My schedule is just odd (hard to commit to scheduled days/times) and I am not very patient with joining pugs, so any variety is good for me.
"Peace is that brief glorious moment in history when everybody stands around reloading".
--Thomas Jefferson

Elysith
10.29.2012 , 05:46 AM | #277
When I'm doing Daily missions on my 6 level 50 characters, I also always do the last space mission (which gives 2 Daily commendations) so that's 6 space missions each day I decide to perform Daily missions. So the more alternative characters I will play, the more space missions I will do.

But I certainly would not do them if they did not reward with Daily commendations.

I hope the future hard space missions will give Black Hole commendations or something equivalent to make them worth replaying over and over

POPsi
10.29.2012 , 06:14 AM | #278
I'm only doing them to grind out the grade8 crafting box for 200 comms... after a while it gets quite boring.

Chiltonium
10.29.2012 , 06:34 AM | #279
I dont do space missions for a few reasons.

1) I beat starfox 64 years ago.

2) the missions are pretty boring and repetitive.

3) they have absolutely nothing to do with anything else in the game. Story wise, class wise, ...anything. They're just a mini game with no point.

4) Solo only.

5) They're too GO GO GO GO GO. Ships will zoom by you in .5 seconds never to be seen again, there are no points like in Starfox where it goes into "boss mode" ie a big ship shows up and your rails now form a circle around it that you can maneuver around its special attacks, etc. Boss fights would probably tempt me to play them. Probably not.
Syasentas - 55 Operative
Syadestis - 55 Powertech
Syaseheth - 55 Assassin
SyasehethS - 55 Juggernaut (yea, same name with an s, so what, wanna fight about it?)