Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Do lots of players actually do space missions?

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion
Do lots of players actually do space missions?
First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

Blighboy
08.24.2012 , 06:28 PM | #211
Quote: Originally Posted by Ricktur View Post
someone posted something along the lines of: "until they take it off the rails i wont play space missions"

idk about you guys but i loved star fox and i love space missions in swtor.
I liked Star Fox as well, but from what I've played of TOR's space missions, they don't really compare. The mechanics used in Star Fox don't really translate well to a Star Wars setting, so we really only get the bare bones of it.

If it was similar in nature to say, Rogue Squadron, I'd definitely play it. I loved the hell out of those games.
An army of one man, but the right man for the job! -Clone trooper rallying call
Pillars of Ashla
Guild Site

demonmana
08.24.2012 , 07:20 PM | #212
the timers drive me posativly insane with the space system a good chunck of missions i can finish with 1-2 minutes to spare but i have ti fly around needlessly waiting for the stupid timer.

Solar_Breeze
08.24.2012 , 07:26 PM | #213
Quote: Originally Posted by willybot View Post
One Space Combat Mission in the past 30 days. I wonder how many of those happened to be the Cartel Listening Station mission over the couple of days the bug was active during the Chevin event.
^This lol.. got to love statistic and how useless they are sometimes.

Yogol
08.24.2012 , 11:16 PM | #214
Quote: Originally Posted by willybot View Post
One Space Combat Mission in the past 30 days. I wonder how many of those happened to be the Cartel Listening Station mission over the couple of days the bug was active during the Chevin event.
I think it's safe to assume that number is around 98%. To get a useful statistic... ask the statistic of how many players did them during -say- june, not including first-time players that do 5 of them or so.

You seem to think that part of your job is to try to stay positive and spin the truth around. But in my opinion, you fail to see that players react badly towards that sort of disregard of their disapointement towerds space: it only makes the players feel sader, cause you fail to acknowledge their feelings.
Yogol. Rebel without a cause. Often without a clue too.
Founder of The Fruitfly Guild, the one-day-beta-guild for one-day-beta-characters.

Nyysjan
08.25.2012 , 12:10 AM | #215
Quote: Originally Posted by demonmana View Post
the timers drive me posativly insane with the space system a good chunck of missions i can finish with 1-2 minutes to spare but i have ti fly around needlessly waiting for the stupid timer.
Got to kinda agree with this one.
I like space missions, in theory, but after doing them over dozen times each, it gets old, and having to spend minute or two after finishing the mission waiting for the flight to end gets old.
Also, i dislike the fact that i often spend more than half of the flight time waiting for my ship to get in range of something to shoot.
Quote: Originally Posted by CloudKiller View Post
Agent: "If you want a door smashed down call a Sith Warrior, if you want a door blow to pieces call a Bounty Hunter, if you want the key to the door and the knowledge of what lies beyond it then you call me."

Darth_Urtani
08.25.2012 , 12:36 AM | #216
No, they're way too hard at higher levels. They need a difficulty slider.
CE VIP

Pcolapat
08.25.2012 , 10:26 AM | #217
One simple thing bioware could do to make the space missions more popular. (I don't know why I come up with these things, they never send me a pay check) The space missions are basically an arcade game. If you want lots of people to play them, put in a high score list at the end. top fifty scores for that mission. IMPORTANT: Reset the high scores list after each patch. One for each mission for each server. Then you would have a lot more people doing them. Look, don't question it, just do it. Walla, popular feature achieved.
Anything that is done repetitively can be done by a computer. That is why right brained people will eventually rule the world.

Reaktorblock
08.25.2012 , 10:39 AM | #218
Yes, no bad point. Could be some kind of a rooster displaying top imp / top rep pilots. This would be great. I love the space missions, even after a lot of repetition. And yes, I played X-wing, Tie fighter, Wing Commander etc etc...

Especially the X-Wing/Tie Fighter Games were interesting... but did not feel like Star Wars space battles. Overall they were much too slow (more speed simply was not possible back in those days) . The missions suggested carefull, planning & exact targeting & slow flight speed. All not very Star Wars-like, I would say. Most times I felt more like a submerged submarine in stealth mode.

Beside the rooster: add more (really lots of!) secondary targets that are really hard to achieve all together. This way you wont make the casual space player too frustated but keep the interested player challenged.

And: when do we see space battles that are linked to Flashpoint? The Battle of endor suggests such a style of mission. Players on the ground must progess and achieve goals that interact with the space mission (remove the shield generator). Players in space will destroy incoming reinforcemants and open up new parts of the map. you know what I mean...

TheBBP
08.25.2012 , 11:03 AM | #219
Quote: Originally Posted by CarpeSangrea View Post
You are by far and large the minority, assuming you aren't trolling. In my entire time playing this game, I have yet to speak to a single person who actually enjoys the space missions.
Strangely, I don't know anyone who enjoys PVP. I have a guild full of people who do not waste a second with PVP. Does that mean it should be stripped from the game?

Officerc
08.25.2012 , 06:30 PM | #220
They should add player space combat pvp! that would be so awsome