Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Do lots of players actually do space missions?

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion
Do lots of players actually do space missions?
First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

Perihelion
08.21.2012 , 11:01 AM | #11
From what I am seeing, very few players actually do the space missions, though I don't have any facts to support my claim. Just that it seems most people don't care for them. It seems a giant waste of developer resources to work on this when there is so much that could be done and fixed.

John_Whalen
08.21.2012 , 11:07 AM | #12
I'm on the fence about space missions to be honest. On one hand I think it's a great way to get away from the usual (run over here, kill 70 mobs for no exp., pick up random drop items, hand in for exp). On the other hand I can also see what people are talking about; with space missions being too dull because of their on the rails system. However that doesn't mean I do not enjoy them or would not do them. I only stopped because I started late. Now I'm level 50 trying do missions with some green gear and no power conversion module. So I'm getting annihilated . If I had a way to complete them, I would.
"Two there should be; no more, no less. One to embody power, the other to crave it."
Darth Bane

WaywardOne
08.21.2012 , 11:08 AM | #13
I do them to help level up but not at 50.

When I'm in there I rarely see more than 4 others doing them, even during peak times on Fatman. It does seem like a misplaced use of resources. I suspect that the same could be said of many of the projects involved with this game but who knows?

Wolfninjajedi
08.21.2012 , 11:10 AM | #14
Quote: Originally Posted by TrentEaston View Post
Then you're doing something wrong. With all purple 50 items for your ship, even the very last/highest Spacemission is a walk in the park.
Ever touched wasd during the flight? Do you have all the upgrades you have to buy with fleet commendations?

2Topic: I do spacemissions, and I know most of my friends and guild-mates do, too. For leveling as well as on 50. For the money, the commendations, and most importantly the fun.
It wouldn't be Star Wars without Spacemissions, and it's a welcome change from all the questing and usual fightin you have in every MMO.

I can't wait for the new space missions to come out *pew pew*
You don't even need purple or anything from fleet comms. Just buy the lvl 5 ship parts from the vendor, and your good to go. Its easy.
"There is one lesson you've yet to learn. How to become one with the Force!"
―Cin Drallig to Darth Vader

Maucs the Tauntaun King, former SWG player.

RAVM
08.21.2012 , 11:13 AM | #15
I'm on my 3rd character so anything I can do to help the levelling up process I'll do, since I want to spend much less time doing non-class quests on each planet. I've also unlocked the space mission legacy XP boost to the 2nd to last one. I do whatever missions are for my level any time I'm on my ship, usually in between planets.

I don't hate them or anything, they're OK, but I agree that Bioware's seemingly limited dev resources should go to other things. I don't do space missions on my level 50s.

DuckKing
08.21.2012 , 11:15 AM | #16
Space Missions are really a hate it or love it type thing. I personally hate them and find them to be boring.

I know two people in my guild that do them alot though. It's crazy I have just about every single title in the game even the title you get from playing on the PTS and the event titles and I still haven't gotten my Flyboy Title lol.

Nydus
08.21.2012 , 11:15 AM | #17
I do space missions while waiting for PVP and Flashpoints.

Depending on the queue, I might have time for 3 or none.

- Arcada
The Arcada Legacy (Ebon Hawk)
Ord'os (Lvl.55 Sorcerer), Naresa (Lvl.53 Operative), Jagrafess (Lvl.19 Marauder)
Nydus (Lvl.54 Shadow), Toclafane (Lvl.27 Guardian)

Master_Nate
08.21.2012 , 11:16 AM | #18
Quote: Originally Posted by DuckKing View Post
Space Missions are really a hate it or love it type thing. I personally hate them and find them to be boring.

I know two people in my guild that do them alot though. It's crazy I have just about every single title in the game even the title you get from playing on the PTS and the event titles and I still haven't gotten my Flyboy Title lol.
You also get The Hot Shot Pilot for completing the last one
IMPERIAL AGENT
Nodo/Yonder
Lobsters go PEENCH PEENCH
Prophecy of the Five

Fornix
08.21.2012 , 11:17 AM | #19
I want to do more of them, but I just can't get around to doing them with a mouse and keyboard. And using my controller, the sensisivity is simply too high of the game to make that work. So until BioWare fixes the insane mouse sensitivity, or better yet actually implements controller support for the space missions, I'll keep my hands off.

Would be nice though if they did, the few attempts I did make on my TV whilst just sitting back on the couch were great. It has a lot of potential, if only the controls would work.

Additionally, what would also be a plus is taking away the need to run to your spaceship for it. Make it like warzones, flashpoints and story mode ops. Just be able to start them up from anywhere.
Member of <Helix>

DuckKing
08.21.2012 , 11:19 AM | #20
Quote: Originally Posted by Master_Nate View Post
You also get The Hot Shot Pilot for completing the last one
I'll get around to gettting my space mission titles someday but right now I'm almost about to get my conqueror title on my marauder, it's one of the few titles I feel like i'm missing...and the imperial loyalist title since I chose to turn my items over to the Chevin's lol