Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Stun locked in PVP! It's just too much!

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion
Stun locked in PVP! It's just too much!

Lord_Kismet
08.20.2012 , 10:24 PM | #1
Bioware, please hear my call! You can still do this! Hit some home runs!

I've led our team for 10 years, with hundreds of players and never have I seen such a turn of events. There are things you can do though to win them back, I know it. If you just hear the community suggestions.

PLEASE remove Stuns from PVP.

Current PVP experience:
1) Run out of spawn.. Stun locked 10-20 seconds... Dead...
2) Wait 45 seconds...for door to go down.
3) You've just wasted 1 minute of a 5-10 minute fight
4) Repeat 1-3
5) you got to actually play for about 1-2 minutes and the rest of the time you where stun locked/waiting.
6) BONUS: remove the resolve bar - Resolve bar is a BAD idea. Once your rooted once.. give a 2-3 second immunity to roots like every other game.

This is something I brought up at the guild summit. The guy basically acted like he didn't want to hear it and "Knew better". 500K+ less subscribers (or more), maybe he didn't know it all. People HATE to be stun locked, it ruins PVP and frustrates your player base.

Be Bold and listen to your players:
1) Remove all stuns from warzones (keep in PVE of course!), Stun locking is the no 1 complaint among my members & myself.
2) Allow Knights / Marauders to jump to people in cover, this was bad change.
3) Look at the fact that you can't see healers/spells on empire side.. but on republic the Troopers are shooting off giant green beams in combat. Look here I'm the healer! DUH! Visually you can see who's shooting & healing on Republic, but very hard to see snipers hitting you and what direction & who's healing on Empire side! What an oversight!

In conclusion:
1) You want to go a long way with the community. Fix this stun lock problem in a big way.
2) Another way to win big is to let people MOVE their chars to where they are NOW. Let people have their 50 char, from the server they long left. I have so many members who would continue to play. Do this QUICKLY or your gonna just keep loosing players.

STOP listening to techs and other people. Listen to your players & the Guild leaders they hear player frustration all day!

Everyone, Feel free to post your experiences with being stun locked in PVP.

Here's hoping!

- Kismet
Leader, Ring of Destiny
http://swtor.kismetbp.com
2002-2012 - 10 years of Teamwork & Fun Together

Insomnio
08.20.2012 , 10:36 PM | #2
Stun locking really ruined pvp.

Its especially hard on new pvpers- they get targetted since the game pvp system works on a who's gear is better wins system. That is immensely frustrating for someone just getting into the game, or just starting to dabble in pvp. Im sure it lead to a sizable portion of the player exodus.

Raila
08.21.2012 , 12:31 AM | #3
Quote: Originally Posted by Insomnio View Post
Stun locking really ruined pvp.

Its especially hard on new pvpers- they get targetted since the game pvp system works on a who's gear is better wins system. That is immensely frustrating for someone just getting into the game, or just starting to dabble in pvp. Im sure it lead to a sizable portion of the player exodus.
Uhm. Welcome to PvP. PvP has been and always will be dominated by gear. Same thing with end game raiding and mmo's in general. Heck gaming in general is ruled by gear first and foremost. That's just the nature of the beast.

As for stun locking I hate it as much as everyone else. However if a game has CC it's going to have stun locking. Again, just the nature of the beast.
Quitting the game? (or anything for that matter) Check this link before making a post about it. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VuGiK-X9-0A

discosoc
08.21.2012 , 12:44 AM | #4
I pretty much abandoned any potential interest in PvP here, due to the fact that it's simply not fun trying to fight things while walking around.

bassfu
08.21.2012 , 12:52 AM | #5
Quote: Originally Posted by thomasmeadows View Post
Really the king of stun lock games is not going to put in stun locks in their 2nd edition? The 1st one having stun locks made me quit after 10 minutes of playing.
They didn't really, the stuns in GW2 only last 1 or 2 seconds and you have to spec into them at the cost of something possibly more useful. So it's possible in a sense to still stunlock to a certain degree.

PyroSc
08.21.2012 , 12:53 AM | #6
You can't tell if a BH is healing? So you don't notice the guy standing there pressing buttons on his wrist? Or the green bolts fired when they use Rapid Shots? You aren't paying enough attention then.

discosoc
08.21.2012 , 12:56 AM | #7
I just spoke with one of the developers and he said they plan on fixing the problem by introducing a feature called...

*stunned*

*killed*

SNCommand
08.21.2012 , 12:57 AM | #8
Quote: Originally Posted by PyroSc View Post
You can't tell if a BH is healing? So you don't notice the guy standing there pressing buttons on his wrist? Or the green bolts fired when they use Rapid Shots? You aren't paying enough attention then.
Also, I spot sorcerer healers by selecting them and see which abilities they cast, if they cast healing abilities I mark them problem solved
Quote: Originally Posted by Ben "Yahtzee" Croshaw
Personally I would slap Georges hands away from the editing desk, give him a colouring book and then remake the entire prequel trilogy so that Darth Vader uses the force to win breakdance competitions and chokes to death anyone who utters the word midichlorians.

Selvec
08.21.2012 , 01:04 AM | #9
A better alternative would be to change the duration of stunning abilities during PVP rather then removing stunning in general. The reason people spam stun-locks is because its effective as hell and their class usually has no other means of defeating the enemy. Removing it entirely would also remove the viability of other classes such as GS and Operative, as they would simply become squishy glass canon's that are fodder and rather useless. The ability to hold off the enemy so you can actually damage them is one of the few things that makes these classes able to compete.

So yea, just reduce the duration and increase the cooldown for these abilities rather then remove them entirely.

As for leaping those behind cover. No. Its already way easy to kill a GS or Sniper.

andreas_barth
08.21.2012 , 01:16 AM | #10
I dont see stun locks as a problem at all in TOR

The problem is when 2 or more players attack you alone, you will die in 99% of those situations. And if you find yourself in such situation every time you play you need to change the way you approach PvP. Sorry to break it to you.