Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Vote Kicking in Group Finder Flashpoints, Make it 3 votes

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Flashpoints, Operations, and Heroic Missions
Vote Kicking in Group Finder Flashpoints, Make it 3 votes

uniz
08.21.2012 , 02:01 PM | #11
i understand your pain and frustration. in all of the hms i have done on three of my 50s i have only seen a vote kick for a couple disconnects. even in these situations people were rather fast in voting and kinda clueless that getting a replacement tank or healer would take far longer than a extra 30 seconds or a minute to wait. what i have seen are tanks and healers just flat out leave group. all of these were sub par in ability but hey some other group can deal with them now.

i try not to put too many people on ignore that are tanks and healers. dps is different.

ATAMIANM
08.21.2012 , 02:30 PM | #12
I was vote-kicked in my first HM mission (Black Talon) about midway through. The group was using shortcuts I wasn't familiar with and were expecting space barring. No one said this up front. When they started complaining about not space barring, I started doing it (hadn't even known it was expected), but when I drew aggro on a mob following the leader he got enraged and kicked me with one other voter, with a "tired of your crap, learn how to act properly and stop your noob ways". So I missed out on the daily credits and all.

All of this could have been avoided with a short statement when group was formed. A lot of players on HM mission simply fail to realize that sometimes there are brand new 50s who just don't know what is expected and need to be told.

Having said that, 95% of my FP experiences have been fun with a great bunch of helpful players.

Petnil
08.21.2012 , 07:39 PM | #13
ofc all of the group should agree when it comes to kicking a member. (exept the one beeing kicked ofc.)
if one in your group is ok with the one you wanna kick, then suck it up or leave yourself.
If he´s so bad all will agree to get him kicked.

grallmate
08.21.2012 , 08:40 PM | #14
Unfortunately you are at the whim of the tank and healer when you queue DPS. A new DPS will be found almost immediately but a new tank or healer can take upwards of 15 minutes. As such, if the tank or healer wants you gone they just threaten to leave group and everyone votes to kick you. It's not the way it SHOULD be, but its the way it IS.

Moral of this story: You want to avoid being kicked? Roll a tank.

DeevBach
08.21.2012 , 10:00 PM | #15
I've never been kicked, but have been in groups that have kicked players for what I would deem petty and impatient reasons (not knowing the FP, accidentally agro, and not hitting space bar, etc.). If that happens while I'm on my DPS, I just stick with the group and try to make it through to the end., write the names down and add them to my Tank's ignore list. If it happens while I'm rolling my Tank, I will leave the group, and add the 2 members to my ignore list. It gives me time to take a 10 minute break (while waiting out the penalty), and then I'm back in que and back into a FP in seconds. Actions do have consequences.
"I've got a bad feeling about this"

wainot-keel
08.21.2012 , 11:05 PM | #16
Quote: Originally Posted by vojinsa View Post
just put ppl on ignore and be done with them. when i see a que pop i scan to the tanks name and wait to see if they make it to the FP. if they drop group then i put them on ignore (12 now) and move on. if bw allowed /ignore to include legacy less tanks/healers would stop turning on dbag mode.
lol, yeah.... in my experience, most abusive and obnoxious *****s are people rolling tanks or healers for some reason... and definetely legacy ignore would be nice. for the time being, i share my ignore list between my 2 toons.

Vankris
08.22.2012 , 01:21 AM | #17
thankfully, the group finder is server side only.

if you don't understand the reason of your kick, you could always ask them. i could be a misunderstanding or that they are terrible people, either way, you might wanna know.

i find that, though it happens, the social pressure of single server group finder, most bad act, including kick and leaving after (not) looting, are not as common as in an another famous mmo with cross server group finder.
Shadow | Kinetic Combat

SuperGrunt
08.22.2012 , 02:54 AM | #18
Quote: Originally Posted by lazyax View Post
not sure if this is that big of a deal since you wouldnt want to play with the idiot votekickers anyways. ive had similar situations and just shrugged them off, q'd up again and usually im with a much nicer friendlier group in no time.
It's more of a problem for Healers and DPS then it is for tanks. On my Vangaurd tank it's pretty much insta-Que, on my Sorc Healer I am normally queued for quite some time before it pops. So Tanks prolly wouldn't care but I am sure that a DPS or a Healer would get quite upset about it.
My propsed changes to Loot Rules.
My Twitch channel, both a link and the address so you can choose how you visit it. twitch.tv/otawo

The_Bunmaster
08.22.2012 , 03:17 AM | #19
I never voted kick for stupid reasons like new 50's not knowing the tactics and such or for not spacebarring. They could just ask/explain the situation/rules.

In contrast, the players who jump at the kick button, are often the bad players. And when you make a comment about it, they start flashing titles and pointing at your "inferior" gear. That only happens when i am on my slinger, as he wears tionese-gear for FP's.

On my tanks, i had some of these db's before, but stay on the group now matter how much they hate me :P

ronniehenlau
08.22.2012 , 03:49 AM | #20
If someone gets votekicked out of my group, I leave the group. I dont give a flying pig in hell's *** about your l33t titles (I have them all myself, but besides the point ). If you votekick someone for not spacebaring or anything like that, I put you on my ignore list on all my characters (only play on 2 characters, healer and tank), and tell everyone I play with to stay the fudge away from you.

Whoever does this kind of stuff = ignore. Very simple.
Bållsdeep - Powertech Pyrotech
Amazeballs - Deception Assassin
7 Republic 55s
10 Imperial 55s