Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Oceanic Servers plans?

killer_kam
08.21.2012 , 04:41 PM | #41
Quote: Originally Posted by Revchong View Post
Hello from Europe.
Just looked at this post out of curiosity really. But having read it, I feel that EU and you Aussies are in the same boat. Dedicated local server farms and customer services for a dwindling population.
The cynic in me doesnt hold much hope of a server merge for you guys,I think that pretty soon, the nxt announcement will be free server transfers for you to US servers and server migration to the US server farms for all EU servers. EA/BW are looking to maximise profit and by closing down the overseas operations will save them lots of cash.Plus, if they then sell on said farms they can recoup more money. Sounds brutal but I bet u its under discussion. Turbine did it with LOTRO and EA/BW seem to be following a similar path.
I sincerely hope not. They would have to still have some "dedicated" servers for people in our time zone to join, otherwise people will be going all over the shop, they'll login at 7:30pm AEST and find 2 people on the server at the same time. Not to mention the number of people that will simply up and leave from the feeling of betrayal from EA/BW.

Tiberians
08.21.2012 , 04:46 PM | #42
I do hope that BW looks seriously at merging the 3 Oceanic Servers. I roll on Dallborra. My main focus "in-game" is PvP, and working the GTN. At this stage I am not to fussed on running Flashpoints, and Raids. As far as I am concerned it would be nice to have one Mega Server for people in Southern Hempishere countries.

HauksbokT
08.21.2012 , 04:56 PM | #43
Quote: Originally Posted by killer_kam View Post
I sincerely hope not. They would have to still have some "dedicated" servers for people in our time zone to join, otherwise people will be going all over the shop, they'll login at 7:30pm AEST and find 2 people on the server at the same time. Not to mention the number of people that will simply up and leave from the feeling of betrayal from EA/BW.
Not just the time zone, the incredible ping, relinquishing this incredible service would be 100 percent disastrous

scullzomben
08.21.2012 , 05:05 PM | #44
Do want server merges here.

When transfers came up, there was always 2 instances of fleet on MDN (PvP server), which slowly went down to 200 people, then down to 150, and now we are at about 50-60 most nights. Would love to see these servers come together.

Leweegibo
08.21.2012 , 05:11 PM | #45
Yeah slap PVE/PVP together for sure.
While there is the added fun and worry of the possibility of getting you head smooshed in by a higher level on Tatooine and such, it doesn't really happen all that often. I think i have only run into a purposeful ganking group twice since being on the AU servers.
I think it also really adds to the game, like the vendor battle at the end of the Rakghoul event:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GLz8_-e_nsM
But yeah MDN is really getting low now, noticably, and it seems to be light when the other two are standard on occasions
The Harbinger--->Master Dar'nala--->The Harbinger
Lew'do Lewthorn HaìteJägernautMissanthropyLewthrak

Jumpchan
08.21.2012 , 06:24 PM | #46
at least transfer the players out of the pvp server its becoming more more empty everyweek..

DavydM
08.21.2012 , 07:14 PM | #47
Quote: Originally Posted by scullzomben View Post
Do want server merges here.

When transfers came up, there was always 2 instances of fleet on MDN (PvP server), which slowly went down to 200 people, then down to 150, and now we are at about 50-60 most nights. Would love to see these servers come together.
That suxs guys - where still getting 150ish on fleet during the evenings on Dalborra and you can still get a lvl 50 Warzone pop after midnight, then most people tend to switch to lowbie warzones and they still pop through most of the night, only gets really dead in the wee hours around 3-5am
Squadron 419

Dalborra Conquerer Davyd Redstrum <The Shadow Syndicate> (Guildmaster)

DavydM
08.21.2012 , 07:16 PM | #48
Quote: Originally Posted by Antiskeptic View Post
Is it just me or did this post get moved to General discussion? So... devs saw it and decided not to reply to us?
Yeah it seems to have been moved during the night
Squadron 419

Dalborra Conquerer Davyd Redstrum <The Shadow Syndicate> (Guildmaster)

Katsuragisama
08.21.2012 , 07:23 PM | #49
Quote: Originally Posted by Antiskeptic View Post
Is it just me or did this post get moved to General discussion? So... devs saw it and decided not to reply to us?
You cannot honestly tell me you are surprised at that... You just cant... lol
Quote: Originally Posted by John Riccitiello, Electronic Arts Inc. - CEO
When you are six hours into playing Battlefield and you run out of ammo in your clip, and we ask you for a dollar to reload, you're really not very price sensitive at that point in time... We're not gouging, but we're charging.

oakamp
08.21.2012 , 07:27 PM | #50
Quote: Originally Posted by Aztang View Post
Just want to find out what Bioware is planning with the oceanic servers as with the US we are experiencing a declining population which is getting worse and with the launch of GW2 soon its going to push more people away with a lack of people to play with/against.

I feel its pretty late to be bringing this up but I hope Bioware has seen this and planned already for it. I approached the RP server and feel merging the PvE and RP to a PVE-RP server would be best and also allowing transfers from the PvP server to the new amalgamation server would be a great effort at bolstering numbers and confidence in the game.

Bringing together all those who wish to continue playing will be the best effort to put confidence in those who wish to remain with this game until it finds it's feet and until the numbers start returning as so many have shown the intention of coming back at the release of new content and with the maturity of the game coming in time.
i can prove it,
my friend is there,
last week, he just rerolled to US server,
pity.
English is not my first language, still working on it.