Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

The Alternate Universe Weekly Challenge Thread

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Community Content > Fan Fiction
The Alternate Universe Weekly Challenge Thread

Kitar
10.21.2013 , 09:42 PM | #691
It's been a while since I have posted in this thread but I finally wrote another little something, that I think is sharable for everyone who has not read the majority of my AU story. In this AU my SW and trooper companion Aric have *ahem* met before.

The previous posts i have written for these two, if anyone is interested.
Spoiler

NotLP: Behind the Scenes
Featuring: SW and Aric
Timeline: Takes place on Hoth approx. two months three weeks after Confessions.
Spoilers: Aric's companion quest on Hoth as well as a rank advancement based off the player's decision on Imperial Hoth. Think those are the only spoiler-y things.

Spoiler

alaurin
10.22.2013 , 10:54 AM | #692
@Kitar: Oooo, very nice!! I absolutely love your Vette.......Colonel Amazing voice indeed!!! I know he made Hoth feel a little warmer for me! I'm really enjoying this AU you've created.

Also, (Trooper companion Jorgan spoilers)
Spoiler

bright_ephemera
10.25.2013 , 11:35 AM | #693
Kitar, I love the way Kit's use of Force power is described.

For this week’s holiday…
Week of 10/25/2013
Superstition – Both cultures and individuals can hold superstitions, little practices and beliefs that are supposed to put some spin on reality, make good luck or ill. Then again, some people say it’s all nonsense, and some even tempt fate by crossing superstitious lines. What superstitions does your character hold to? Has any experience seemed to prove or disprove the rule?
And, as ever,
Night of the Living Prompt: Keep on using any prompt you like! Check out the list at http://www.swtor.com/community/showp...postcount=1675.
the Short Fic Weekly Challenge - 70+ authors to date. 1900+ stories. New prompts weekly!
Bright's Fanfic Threads
Forever Shenanigans!
Ceterum autem censeo, Malavai esse delendam.

frauzet
11.02.2013 , 01:03 PM | #694
Taking this weeks prompt from the SFWC to the AU thread.

What if Thorns' criminal career on Coruscant hadn't been stopped by his arrest like it has in head canon?
It probably would have happened later!

Prompt - Goodbye
Title - A Change of Scenery
Class - BH
Words - About 1150
Spoilers - End of BH Belsavis
Mention of torture
Spoiler

Note
Spoiler
Storyindex in chronological order

...From what I've tasted of desire I hold with those who favor fire... (Frost)

bright_ephemera
11.02.2013 , 04:40 PM | #695
Quote: Originally Posted by frauzet View Post
Taking this weeks prompt from the SFWC to the AU thread.

What if Thorns' criminal career on Coruscant hadn't been stopped by his arrest like it has in head canon?
It probably would have happened later!

Prompt - Goodbye
Title - A Change of Scenery
Class - BH
Words - About 1150
Mention of torture
I like this hunter's style! As for Thorns, this is a scary look at his style. Highly readable prose as always. Looking forward to seeing where this goes!
the Short Fic Weekly Challenge - 70+ authors to date. 1900+ stories. New prompts weekly!
Bright's Fanfic Threads
Forever Shenanigans!

bright_ephemera
11.02.2013 , 04:40 PM | #696
Now about that prompt I should've posted yesterday...
Week of 11/1/2013
Goodbye – Would you believe we haven’t had this prompt yet? Goodbyes come in many forms, from the quick “see you later” of an everyday contact to permanent loss. Write about a time your character said goodbye…or couldn’t. Did it happen at a different place and time than in canon?
And, as ever,
Night of the Living Prompt: Keep on using any prompt you like! Check out the list at http://www.swtor.com/community/showp...postcount=1675.
This week's featured NotLP:
My First - Firsts are usually special - first items, like Jedi and Sith's first lightsabers or an agent or smuggler's first gun. First times, like your first time connecting with the Force or your first time stepping onto your ship. Firsts can change a person and solidify who they are. Write about a special "first" in your character's life and how it shaped them.
Bright's Fanfic Threads
Forever Shenanigans!

frauzet
11.03.2013 , 09:09 AM | #697
@bright_ephemera: Thank you very much for your motivating comment. I don't have the slightest idea where this is going. But it has been very much fun to write it. I am looking forward to finding out if and how much of the 'good' Thorns is hidden beneath the 'scary' one.

In fact I had so much fun with scary Thorns, that I postponed writing the next part of my Ord Mantell story.
I am following the ingame dialog with some additions.

Prompt - 'Allies' might fit
Title - Friends
Class - BH, where Thorns is one of the companions instead of Skadge
Words - About 550
Takes place right after this.
Spoiler
Storyindex in chronological order

...From what I've tasted of desire I hold with those who favor fire... (Frost)

bright_ephemera
11.15.2013 , 05:47 PM | #698
Week of 11/15/2013
House of Something – The many and various worlds of Star Wars have many and various buildings (or large vehicles) that reflect their builders’ culture. Sometimes the style of architecture is really striking. Sometimes it’s less interesting than the events transpiring all over it. Write something involving a building or monument your characters have encountered.
And, as ever,
Worst Day Ever - Everybody has a bad day. So do our characters. Maybe it was in their class story - like getting your ship stolen on your birthday - or maybe it was something that happened before or after. Whether it genuinely was the worst day or your character was just in a bad mood and something happened to make it worse, write about a day that made them call it "the worst day ever".
Bright's Fanfic Threads
Forever Shenanigans!

bright_ephemera
11.22.2013 , 09:43 AM | #699
Week of 11/22/2013
Thank You – Gratitude is a big thing. People give thanks for gifts, social niceties, kind words, significant favors, for being offered company or for being left alone. Sometimes there are specific holidays or times dedicated to gratitude, and sometimes it just comes up on the way. What is your character grateful for? Do they admit it?
And, as ever,
(Un)invited Guests - Things get complicated when you're visiting someone else, or have someone visiting you. Even if you want them there! Of course, things are extra complicated when your guest is someone you didn't want or expect to come around.
Bright's Fanfic Threads
Forever Shenanigans!

bright_ephemera
11.29.2013 , 11:32 AM | #700
Week of 11/29/2013
Shopapalooza – Whether it’s clothes, supplies, trinkets, spaceships, or groceries, our characters shop for a lot of things. Sometimes it’s a spending spree; sometimes it’s just window-shopping for what they can’t afford. It may be in a big chain mall, a backwater planet’s marketplace, an artisan’s gallery, or the Holonet. Write about your character’s shopping experience.

And, as ever,
Changes/New Paths – Changes happen to all of us, and sometimes a defeat turns into a surprise opportunity…or the other way around. Either way, life goes on, and with it sometimes unexpected paths. Write about a life change or reinvention for your character.
Bright's Fanfic Threads
Forever Shenanigans!