Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

The Alternate Universe Weekly Challenge Thread

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Community Content > Fan Fiction
The Alternate Universe Weekly Challenge Thread

kabeone
08.31.2012 , 09:45 PM | #61
Quote: Originally Posted by bright_ephemera View Post
No, Sanju! ...I've been thinking Imperial too long if I imagine his career and collaboration was a good thing. But...but...Sanju!
I loved Sanju too, which is why I tried to keep him sympathetic, the people in this universe aren't very different from the other universe, they just were forced into a different set of circumstances. The only person who's vastly different is Remi because her entire life was different.

I'm thinking her relationship with Scourge might be like Kira and Rho, only Scourge is not nearly so nice. *evil laugh* Poor Remi and Scourge. How I abuse their relationship, they're no fun when they're happy.

Striges
09.01.2012 , 11:36 AM | #62
Kabeone, I meant to comment on the earlier Balmorra story as well: Poor Sanju! My agent got the same and as you did (best way to explain w/o spoiler tags). But I never considered what would happen to the resistance afterwards. This scenario is all to believable and real, even without the added AU elements. Like it very much.

Earthmama
09.02.2012 , 01:53 PM | #63
Loyalty and betrayal.

The set up.
SW Chapter 3 spoilers.

Spoiler

Spoiler

Morgani
09.02.2012 , 03:08 PM | #64
@Kabe: I had such a crush on Sanju and was delighted when my Op got some alone time with him. Being a majority Repub player, I knew what I'd just done was going to frack over the resistance, but he's just so cute. I want to tug that little Jedi tail he's got going. But in the big picture, he's not a great person. And being Gray Star hurt a lot of people. Still... harsh death. /cringes

@Earhtmama: Noooooo, nice Quinn... so confused. What do I feel? Very heart breaking though, when you give up what you want but can't have. Luckily I don't want much beyond food and shelter so I don't have to deal with this! Still... I like happiness and it feels like Ardyth is giving that up. Kind of hurts.
Be to her Virtues
very Kind.
Be to her Faults
a little Blind.

kabeone
09.03.2012 , 01:32 AM | #65
Remi AU: Knightless - Loyalty & Betrayal Part 2

Spoiler for Imperial Agent Balmorra (640 words)

Spoiler

Striges
09.03.2012 , 11:07 PM | #66
Prompt: Loyalty and Betrayal

Title: Uncharted Territory

Characters: Rixik and Kirya AU (Bounty Hunter/Smuggler from Short Fic thread)

No spoilers.

So, I guess this is both the counterpoint to my entries for last week’s regular short fic prompt, as well as the divergent point for my AU with these two characters. As before, Rixik here is 26, Kirya 17. The scene just fit so well with this week’s prompt. But I’ll be frank, it’s not stellar. Exploring these aspects of my characters does not come easy for me—or at least writing it down does not.

And it’s long, 2600 words. Sorry guys. Believe it or not, it started with two lines of dialog and grew into a monster.

Author notes:
Spoiler

Spoiler

Original AU story with these characters, for reference:http://www.swtor.com/community/showp...postcount=1069 Takes place well after this episode, and contains early smuggler story spoilers (played a smuggler past level twelve? You’re good)

kabeone
09.03.2012 , 11:33 PM | #67
Quote: Originally Posted by Striges View Post

No spoilers.

Ahh hearts <3<3<3 here take them. I felt so bad for both of them especially after reading what really happened.

I can also see why this Rixik would be difficult to write for, a fundamentally flawed character trying to change his ways but without overdoing the sappiness and not becoming a straight shooter right away. I think you hit a nice balance there.

bright_ephemera
09.04.2012 , 06:20 AM | #68

No spoilers.

So, I guess this is both the counterpoint to my entries for last week’s regular short fic prompt, as well as the divergent point for my AU with these two characters. As before, Rixik here is 26, Kirya 17. The scene just fit so well with this week’s prompt. But I’ll be frank, it’s not stellar. Exploring these aspects of my characters does not come easy for me—or at least writing it down does not.

And it’s long, 2600 words. Sorry guys. Believe it or not, it started with two lines of dialog and grew into a monster.
The internal argument comes off well. And makes sense for how much would have to be racing through his head at a time like that.

I love that the couch is "ugly purple" but matching for Rixik's and Kirya's adjacent seats at the beginning, and then just "bruise-colored" at the end.
the Short Fic Weekly Challenge - 90+ authors to date. 2500+ stories. New prompts weekly!
Bright's Fanfic Threads
Ceterum autem censeo, Malavai esse delendam.

Striges
09.04.2012 , 08:16 AM | #69
*takes hearts* thanks. It was like pulling teeth to finish this one. Usually stuff just flows but not this time. Same with Kirya's perspective in the original thread. Maybe I just don't like making my characters sad.

Kirya's personality isn't changed as much for this AU as Rixik's is, and it does make him harder to write. The easiest bit for me was his conversation with Leegstra, and I almost cut it out for length (a lot of stuff got shaved off in this one). In the end, I thought it was important to show that that part of his personality, the con man, was still there, and always would be.

And I'm glad the internal dialog worked. It shouldn't be so prominent in later episodes with these characters.

Morgani
09.04.2012 , 10:26 AM | #70

Safe answer or true answer? “I am a fundamentally selfish person, Kirya,” he admitted, “But I love you. If it means I get to be with you, I’ll fight gravity.”

I loved this line. The mushy, natural romantic in me sat up and said 'yes please!' upon reading that. It's incredibly warming all on its own but coupled with his admission that fighting slavery was like fight gravity or a vacuum earlier in the story it was like.. gah... I'm such a sap.
Be to her Virtues
very Kind.
Be to her Faults
a little Blind.