Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

The Alternate Universe Weekly Challenge Thread

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Community Content > Fan Fiction
The Alternate Universe Weekly Challenge Thread

Adwynyth
07.06.2013 , 04:18 PM | #671
Quote: Originally Posted by kabeone View Post
@Adwynyth yay for more.
Thankee! More there shall be.

No... indulge in self-loathing. Swim in it until your fingers get pruney. Oh wait, this Quinn might be ok. Maybe. I'm watching you, Quinn.
And he's watching you too.
I am?
Yes, you am...er, are.
Very well. *slips into parade rest, watches kabeone*

I wonder how Lokin will take being around someone who can see right through all his bs. If I were him I might be alarmed.
Well, there may be a few shenanigans! But this isn't a very shenaniganny story.
Horrendously bad fan fiction: Sith in a Pretty Dress

bright_ephemera
07.12.2013 , 09:54 AM | #672
Week of 7/12/2013
Collections - This wide galaxy is a great place for hoarders...or definitely not hoarders, I don't know what you're talking about. Where would your character put all the random things you can accumulate, all the speeders, random pets, the copious crafting mats, countless outfits, armor sets, saber hilts.... or does your character only collect one thing in particular, a couple of things, or nothing at all? Is there anything special that is present or missing in those collections in the AU? Prompt courtesy of Kitar.

And, as ever,
Night of the Living Prompt: Keep on using any prompt you like! Check out the list at http://www.swtor.com/community/showp...postcount=1675.
This week's featured NotLP:
First Impressions - Our characters meet tons of people on their journeys. What are their first impressions of each other like? Are they accurate, or did someone put up a front? Did introductions go differently than they did in your canon universe?
the Short Fic Weekly Challenge - 70+ authors to date. 2000+ stories. New prompts weekly!
Bright's Fanfic Threads
Forever Shenanigans!
Ceterum autem censeo, Malavai esse delendam.

YoshiRaphElan
07.18.2013 , 08:03 PM | #673
I believe this is my first post in the Alternate Universe thread (though I post often in the SFWC thread).

Prompt - Worst Day Ever
Title - Akalenedat–Hard Contact
Class - Bounty Hunter
Act 2 finale spoilers

Spoiler

Spoiler

bright_ephemera
07.19.2013 , 01:19 PM | #674
Week of 7/19/2013
Vacation - Our characters have traveled hither and thither over a dozen or more planets for work, politics, personal vendettas, and more. But where do they go to relax and what do they do when they've got some time to unwind? Did your AU character find or miss a vacation spot your canon character missed or had? Write about your character's vacation time. Prompt courtesy of alaurin.

And, as ever,
Night of the Living Prompt: Keep on using any prompt you like! Check out the list at http://www.swtor.com/community/showp...postcount=1675.
Communication Breakdown - Trying to communicate with each other when things are going well is hard enough, but our characters have plenty of other things that can get in the way. Bad com channels, language barriers, broken holo feeds - all those can mess up a conversation. Not to mention people who just plain don't understand each other...
the Short Fic Weekly Challenge - 70+ authors to date. 2000+ stories. New prompts weekly!
Bright's Fanfic Threads
Forever Shenanigans!

bright_ephemera
07.26.2013 , 06:34 PM | #675
Week of 7/26/2013
If I were a Rich Man: Our characters come from all walks of life. Were credits just a means to an end, or did they ever dream of wealth and how they might get it? Make it on their own (legal or otherwise), inherit from family, or play the Cartel Lotto and hope? In the course of their stories they become wealthy and powerful. What do they do with all those credits? Did money buy happiness? Did they fulfill their dreams, or was their monetary success empty and hollow? Prompt courtesy of Striges.

And, as ever,
Catching Up - Pretty much all of our characters have pasts that might catch up with them in the future. Sometimes that's not a good thing, like seeing an old enemy. Sometimes it's great, when an old friend comes to help you when you need it. Either way, it's bound to be interesting.
Bright's Fanfic Threads
Forever Shenanigans!

irishfino
07.27.2013 , 02:31 PM | #676
Prompt: If I Were a Rich Man
Characters: Vette and Quinn
Alt-U of NSP

Keep the Whiskey
Spoiler
I'll probably die if you group with me, but I'll go out with both lightsabers drawn stabbing someone in the face. Probably you, but it's cool. Forever Shenanigans!!

irishfino
08.01.2013 , 10:19 AM | #677
NotLP: I Love This Bar
Characters: Vette, Quinn, and Pierce
AltU: NSP

Warnings for vomiting and squickiness with said vomiting.

Never Eat the Worm

Spoiler
I'll probably die if you group with me, but I'll go out with both lightsabers drawn stabbing someone in the face. Probably you, but it's cool. Forever Shenanigans!!

Adwynyth
08.01.2013 , 02:37 PM | #678
Quote: Originally Posted by irishfino View Post
NotLP: I Love This Bar
Characters: Vette, Quinn, and Pierce
AltU: NSP

Warnings for vomiting and squickiness with said vomiting.

Never Eat the Worm
You win an Internet.

Please make room in your garage.
Horrendously bad fan fiction: Sith in a Pretty Dress

bright_ephemera
08.02.2013 , 04:01 PM | #679
Now, I love this meta-suggestion by Striges, so I present it with minimal modification:
Week of 8/2/2013
Lurkers. This is your chance to get in on the fun. If you’ve been reading this thread but never posted or commented, take a chance and post something! Write on anything you like, any length, any character, original or established in game, any road not taken or alternate imagining of your headcanon. For inspiration, visit the prompt archive, but don’t feel tied to it. Not brave enough to share? Let us know what story (or stories) or character (or characters) you liked. Page one of the thread has several indices to the stories to help you.

For established participants, our counterpart: Out of the Limelight. This is the flip side of Fame. Through the course of their stories, our characters become famous. Household names, even. Would they have prefered to stay anonymous? What things are easier when no one knows your face? How do they deal with the need for privacy? Do they ever wish they hadn’t become heroes? What made them take the plunge instead of staying safely in the background? Not inspired? Tell the lurkers why you chose to post. What gave you the confidence to share your fiction with the community?

And, as ever,
Bright's Fanfic Threads
Forever Shenanigans!

Lesaberisa
08.05.2013 , 07:46 PM | #680
Character: Diomedes Martell
Prompt: The Story So Far
Notes: Set in the Dead!Ayrs AU, where Ayrs doesn't go to the Academy and dies on Ithaca when it's attacked (you can read the backstory here - warning: violence, gore, etc.). I decided to write some sort stories based on the remaining Martell siblings, who all survive (only Veresia does in the main universe).

I'm probably going to only write these occasionally....I prefer Ayrs alive (duh ), I prefer a more optimistic overall story, I don't update my main stories as much as I should, etc., but it's probably the most divergent AU I could come up with.

Spoiler
Finest mediocre fanfic this side of the Outer Rim:Trooper / Inquisitor