Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

The Alternate Universe Weekly Challenge Thread

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Community > Fan Fiction
The Alternate Universe Weekly Challenge Thread

Kitar
06.28.2013 , 01:46 AM | #661
Thanks for the feedback Bright

Prompt NotLP: Nightmares and Dreams
Timeline: Roughly a year after Confessions
Featuring: Aric and my SW
Spoilers: Use of a Npc in Aric's companion quest, reference to his companion quest, as well as the warrior's companions.
My guildie liked this one so I thought I would share.
Spoiler

alaurin
06.28.2013 , 06:14 AM | #662
@Kitar: I have meant to comment long before this, but I am really enjoying your AU!! Aric is one of my favorite companions, which is funny because I hated him so much at the start of the Trooper storyline....I nearly stopped playing her! I think you have captured him well with your story and he is definitely not in an easy position right now.

Quote: Originally Posted by Kitar View Post
Two days, he only had to wait two days he could do that. He leaned back against the crates touching his cheek, after that it was one day at a time until the year was finished. It was only a year how long could a year take?
[/SPOILER]
Poor, Aric....I get the feeling a year is going to take a very long time indeed!

Can't wait to see more!

bright_ephemera
06.28.2013 , 07:18 AM | #663
Hit and run post!

Week of 6/28/2013
Gifts - Gifts serve a multitude of functions, from hospitality, diplomacy, housewarming, affection, celebration, to manipulation or poison. They can be big or small, expensive or free, expected or surprising, public or private. Write about a gift your character has given or received. Did your AU character give or miss a gift that their canon counterpart never did?

And, as ever,
Night of the Living Prompt: Keep on using any prompt you like! Check out the list at http://www.swtor.com/community/showp...postcount=1675.
This week's featured NotLP:
Rites of Passage - There are tons of different rites of passage our characters go through. Some are common across cultures, like weddings. Some are specific to a culture, like coming-of-age ceremonies. And sometimes they are just an internal realization that your life has changed. Feel free to take this in any direction you would like.
the Short Fic Weekly Challenge - 70+ authors to date. 1900+ stories. New prompts weekly!
Bright's Fanfic Threads
Forever Shenanigans!
Ceterum autem censeo, Malavai esse delendam.

Kitar
06.28.2013 , 10:14 AM | #664
@ Alaurin Thanks I'm glad you are enjoying it.

I always hesitate to actually post any of them, normally I just ship them off to my guildie to read.

I do love Aric, when I first ran across him in game he reminded me so much of one of my husband's sergeants at his first police job. The man was hard nosed, gruff and so irritating, but he was one of the most influential people there, taught my husband how to really do his job. In the end we both loved the guy, he ended up being a real sweetie.
So every time Aric would yell at my trooper I honestly just sat here and smiled, couldn't help it.

marissalf
06.29.2013 , 07:58 PM | #665
Alright, I’m going to wade into the AU waters here.
The jumping off point for this is a What If from Short Fic, and the premise is that
Spoiler

NotLP: Friends & Allies
Featuring IA Kinka
Spoilers: References Act II agent stuff
Spoiler

kabeone
07.01.2013 , 02:09 AM | #666
@Adwynyth Sorry I didn't comment earlier! I forget about this thread sometimes and I didn't notice you posted your part 4. I like where it's going. I hope you write more.

@marissalf Poor Kinka! The agent line does a really good job of putting you in a "can't trust anyone" mentality. Losing your team (even if it's Kaliyo whom I love, but really can't trust her either) would be terrible.

Prompt: Allies
Title: Dark Ally
Remi and Scourge AU (Another one!) from this What If scenario that was supposed to be a joke. JK end game spoilers
Background:
Spoiler

Story ~1k words
Spoiler

Adwynyth
07.01.2013 , 05:59 AM | #667
Quote: Originally Posted by kabeone View Post
@Adwynyth Sorry I didn't comment earlier! I forget about this thread sometimes and I didn't notice you posted your part 4. I like where it's going. I hope you write more.
Thankee! I honestly didn't think anyone was reading it. I do have some ideas...
Quote: Originally Posted by kabeone View Post
Spoiler
NOOOOOOOOO! Tee-seven!

After doing that to Remi, Scourge can go [REDACTED] a rancor for all I care.
Horrendously bad fan fiction: Sith in a Pretty Dress

Adwynyth
07.02.2013 , 04:49 AM | #668
Story: "Sith Happens"
Timeline: Shortly after the previous post, still on Alderaan
Prompt: Meh...I'm having too much fun. I'll let the reader decide.
Spoilers: Sith Warrior, especially Ch2 & Ch3; some Agent Ch1

Story so far:
Part 1
Part 2
Part 3
Part 4
Part 5 (this post)

Spoiler
Horrendously bad fan fiction: Sith in a Pretty Dress

kabeone
07.04.2013 , 12:49 PM | #669
@Adwynyth yay for more.
Quote:
Malavai, the next time you're tempted to indulge in self-loathing for what you call your 'duplicitous nature and history', don't.
No... indulge in self-loathing. Swim in it until your fingers get pruney. Oh wait, this Quinn might be ok. Maybe. I'm watching you, Quinn.

I wonder how Lokin will take being around someone who can see right through all his bs. If I were him I might be alarmed.

bright_ephemera
07.05.2013 , 02:56 PM | #670
Week of 7/5/2013
Navigation - Our characters often find themselves navigating toward a goal by means of maps, tracking signals, advisors, or instinct. Write about some guidance that pointed the way. Did it direct things further away from canon?

And, as ever,
Night of the Living Prompt: Keep on using any prompt you like! Check out the list at http://www.swtor.com/community/showp...postcount=1675.
This week's featured NotLP:
Health - Jet-setting around the galaxy means exposing yourself to a ton of different viruses, bacteria, and parasites. Let's go, biology nerds!
the Short Fic Weekly Challenge - 70+ authors to date. 1900+ stories. New prompts weekly!
Bright's Fanfic Threads
Forever Shenanigans!
Ceterum autem censeo, Malavai esse delendam.