Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

The Alternate Universe Weekly Challenge Thread

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Community Content > Fan Fiction
The Alternate Universe Weekly Challenge Thread

bright_ephemera
05.10.2013 , 09:07 AM | #641
Week of 5/10/2013
Planes, Trains, and Thrantamobiles - It's a big galaxy out there and we all have to get around somehow. Our characters encounter ticketing, hyperspace calculations, docking fees, late-running rides and more on ships, banthas, landspeeders, thrantas, troop transports, tauntauns, and/or whatever improvised modes of transportation they can get. Write about your character's transportation experience.

And, as ever,
Night of the Living Prompt: Keep on using any prompt you like! Check out the list at http://www.swtor.com/community/showp...postcount=1675.
the Short Fic Weekly Challenge - 70+ authors to date. 1900+ stories. New prompts weekly!
Bright's Fanfic Threads
Forever Shenanigans!
Ceterum autem censeo, Malavai esse delendam.

bright_ephemera
05.10.2013 , 08:57 PM | #642
Communication Breakdown for Niselle and Nalenne in the sister switch. 200 words. Spoilers for the Warrior and Inquisitor Dromund Kaas quests.
Spoiler

Spoiler
the Short Fic Weekly Challenge - 70+ authors to date. 1900+ stories. New prompts weekly!
Bright's Fanfic Threads
Forever Shenanigans!

kabeone
05.11.2013 , 11:49 AM | #643
@bright I love Nalenne so much. *ooh spooky tomb that no one would tread without good reason, no one in their right mind would call attention to themselves down here* NISELLLLLLE ARE YOU DOWN HERE YOU HAVE TO SEE THIS

irishfino
05.12.2013 , 09:59 AM | #644
Continuing the strangest AU I've ever thought up, it's:
Prompt: Planes, Trains, and Thrantamobiles
Characters: Quinn and Vette
Alternate of: NSP

Very long, 2700 words. Ohh, myyy.

Drop It Like It's Hoth
Spoiler

Notes:

Spoiler
I'll probably die if you group with me, but I'll go out with both lightsabers drawn stabbing someone in the face. Probably you, but it's cool. Forever Shenanigans!!

irishfino
05.12.2013 , 01:21 PM | #645
Prompt: NotLP: Backfired Plans
Characters: Quinn and Vette
Alt U: NSP

Calm in the Storm of Hate

Spoiler
I'll probably die if you group with me, but I'll go out with both lightsabers drawn stabbing someone in the face. Probably you, but it's cool. Forever Shenanigans!!

irishfino
05.13.2013 , 05:35 PM | #646
NotLP: Discovery
Universe: NSP
Characters: Vette, Quinn, Syla, Pierce, Broonmark, Jaesa and a special guest

The Story So Far:

Spoiler

Floating

Spoiler

Notes:

Spoiler

Adwynyth
05.14.2013 , 10:35 PM | #647
Prompt: Who knows, I'm having too much fun with this
The next part to this post
Spoilers: Sith Warrior galore, especially Ch2 & Ch3

Spoiler
Horrendously bad fan fiction: Sith in a Pretty Dress

Kitar
05.17.2013 , 11:20 PM | #648
NotLP: Worlds Colliding
Featuring: Kit'ar- SW and Urania- Trooper and of course Aric
Spoliers: for Imperial Voss mission Space Race, brief reference to Jorgan's companion quest.

Note: The vast majority of the things I write are contained in this AU, within which my SW has already completed her story arc and the Trooper arc is still being progressed through, I do play havoc with the Trooper timeline as well (no pun intended I swear).

Also this is long, I have been extremely hesitant to even post it due to its length, but my guildie (the saint that he is) has given me lovely words of encouragement to post it. I have divided it into sections in an attempt to make it easier to read and less like a wall of text. I hope its not overly horrible and hard to follow, darn thing would not let itself be written in any other fashion I tried.

Spoiler

Spoiler

Spoiler

bright_ephemera
05.19.2013 , 03:52 PM | #649
Sorry for the lateness! Here's a prompt...

Week of 5/17/2013
Cross My Heart - Honesty isn't exactly espoused by most organizations in the galaxy, but some individuals and groups still strive for it. Write about your characters encountering (or handing out) the right or wrong truth at the right or wrong time.

And, as ever,
Night of the Living Prompt: Keep on using any prompt you like! Check out the list at http://www.swtor.com/community/showp...postcount=1675.
Bright's Fanfic Threads
Forever Shenanigans!

bright_ephemera
05.19.2013 , 04:25 PM | #650
Quote: Originally Posted by Kitar View Post
The two Sith began to mediate and he watched entranced, the air sparked and glowed around them, the apprentice was bathed in a golden light, the Sith Lord, no Kit he mentally corrected himself, was surrounded in crimson, it flickered and snapped around her. As they knelt the dawn blossomed, chasing away the inky remnants of the evening, flooding the sky with liquid waves of violets, blues and orange.

Whispering words drifted back to his straining ears, broken phrases teased and carried by the crisp morning breeze. “Peace is a lie, there is only passion… I gain strength, … I gain power. Through power I gain victory. … my chains are broken,” the last words were spoken with such conviction in their duel voices they carried with crystalline clarity, “The Force shall free me.”
I love this.
Bright's Fanfic Threads
Forever Shenanigans!